Chimera you freakin ____!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Chimera you freakin ____!

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____!:
    I like Wensink's point; let's have a team where even borderline hits are not tolerated, and hence don't take place..... McQ had some accountability, IMO, as it looked pretty dumb ( and I love the guy ). Looks to me like a car accident where there's some fault with each driver, maybe more on Chimera, but again, if the team is unified in toughness etc, opponents tend to think hard before engaging is even ambiguous/borderline legal hits like this one. Now we're down another key guy, and the Rags are up tomorrow...
    Posted by Griswal65

Totally disagree. This stuff with the complaining about no reaction from a team gets totally overblown every time it happens with the Bruins from certain posters. It was a "hockey play" gone bad.

There is not one single team in the league who reacts with the lynch mob mentality some people want every time a borderline hit happens. Why should the Bruins be any different ? A penalty was called . Move on and try to win the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : That's exactly the same argument I get from Flyers fans about Bergeron when he was hit by Jones. It sounds just as stupid coming from you.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Bergeron didn't turn at all.

This statement makes no sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I like Wensink's point; let's have a team where even borderline hits are not tolerated, and hence don't take place..... McQ had some accountability, IMO, as it looked pretty dumb ( and I love the guy ). Looks to me like a car accident where there's some fault with each driver, maybe more on Chimera, but again, if the team is unified in toughness etc, opponents tend to think hard before engaging is even ambiguous/borderline legal hits like this one. Now we're down another key guy, and the Rags are up tomorrow...
    Posted by Griswal65

Yeah Gris...couldn't agree more. So does Marc Savard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Exactly.  Bergeron--possibly the best 2way player in a decade or more--almost had his career ended on exactly the same type of play. Flyers fans to this day defend Jones b/c Bergeron did what ANY human being would have done inw that situation--b/c it is INSTINCT to do so--and it was Jones who saw the vulnerability and rammed him anyway. The league has the power  to take the incentive for such hits away--all they have to do is DO IT--and suck it up that it will mean less hitting and more slowed-down play. You'd think by now w/the # of top-flight players out w/concussions they'd se the bigger picture...but sadly, not yet.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Feel free to go to youtube and watch the Bergeron play again.  Then feel free to come back here and edit this post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Now we are talking about 2 separate arguments. Back when the subject was "McQuaid turned into it", it was correct that Chimera wasn't called for boarding.  Its also correct that there was no suspension. Now, saying Chimera was "gliding," are you saying that play wasn't even a penalty at all? I think any ref in the league calls that one charging, and given that McQuaid was injured on the play, it was bumped to a major.  I think the league got the call right on the non-suspension, and the refs got the call right on the ice.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

If McQuaid doesn't turn, it's a shoulder to shoulder check in which McQuaid is not injured.  And there is no penalty.

The call on the ice was wrong in my opinion.

McQuaid should have gotten two minutes for being incredibly stupid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : If McQuaid doesn't turn, it's a shoulder to shoulder check in which McQuaid is not injured.  And there is no penalty. The call on the ice was wrong in my opinion. McQuaid should have gotten two minutes for being incredibly stupid.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's the nature of many calls on the ice. Some of us see a play and see a penalty. Some of us see a normal play. This is far from the first play that's caused debate among us. It's unlikely to be the last. Cheers. Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : That's the nature of many calls on the ice. Some of us see a play and see a penalty. Some of us see a normal play. This is far from the first play that's caused debate among us. It's unlikely to be the last. Cheers. Go Bruins!
    Posted by dezaruchi

I agree, Dez!  Charging is very subjective as even the definition leaves a tremendous amount up for interpretation.

And Shupe wears a thong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Yeah Gris...couldn't agree more. So does Marc Savard.
    Posted by JWensink

Marc Savard played on a totally different team with a mindset that was far different from this year's team as far as team toughness. Welcome to 2012.

Any kind of complaining about the current Bruins sticking up for one another is not warranted IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : I agree, Dez!  Charging is very subjective as even the definition leaves a tremendous amount up for interpretation. And Shupe wears a thong.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not going to even ask how you know this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Marc Savard played on a totally different team with a mindset that was far different from this year's team as far as team toughness. Welcome to 2012. Any kind of complaining about the current Bruins sticking up for one another is not warranted IMO.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I'm glad we agree that there was a problem with team toughness in the past. I also agree that this teams identity has changed for the better in that dept. I still believe that somebody on the Caps needed to get taught that you don't get away with injuring one of ours - so watch how you go about your business when your playing the defending Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. I get especially  disgusted when it involves someone who always protects his team mates, and the sentiment is not reciprocated. I think it's THE most vital element necessary for the success of this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : I'm glad we agree that there was a problem with team toughness in the past. I also agree that this teams identity has changed for the better in that dept. I still believe that somebody on the Caps needed to get taught that you don't get away with injuring one of ours - so watch how you go about your business when your playing the defending Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. I get especially  disgusted when it involves someone who always protects his team mates, and the sentiment is not reciprocated. I think it's THE most vital element necessary for the success of this team.
    Posted by JWensink

I can't blame you there. That said, I really wasn't looking forward to Bergeron dropping the mitts with Chimera and I'm glad McQuaid wasn't more seriously injured.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : I can't blame you there. That said, I really wasn't looking forward to Bergeron dropping the mitts with Chimera and I'm glad McQuaid wasn't more seriously injured.
    Posted by dezaruchi

This is the best part.  Yeah, he'll miss a couple with a swollen eye area, but he's not "out".  Mottau + playoffs = early summer

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lets be honest. Walkom made that bogus call because he is sucking up to Gregorys Daddy, just like most of his colleagues.  Walkom wants to work the lucrative playoffs...it's really quite simple when you think about it.
    Posted by null

Thanks Cactus.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lets be honest. Walkom made that bogus call because he is sucking up to Gregorys Daddy, just like most of his colleagues.  Walkom wants to work the lucrative playoffs...it's really quite simple when you think about it.
    Posted by null

2010-11 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : Feel free to go to youtube and watch the Bergeron play again.  Then feel free to come back here and edit this post.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

No need to edit my post at all--you miss my point.

Ask any Flyers fan about the Jones/Bergeron hit (I have--i for some reason have an inordinate number of Flyers-fan friends----even w/the youtube clip running in front of them--and they will tell you Bergeron turned his back to Jones and was responsible from that point on for his own safety.

My point was simply that no matter who you believe, the NHL should wise up and change the rules back to something closer to what we  used to see when there was a certain amount of grab/dragging allowed in tight spaces to
    avoid the kind of ramming into the boards w/abandon we're seeing now.

The ridiculous number of concussions around the league should be proof positive enough.

and charging was absolutely the right call against Chimera.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chimera you freakin ____! : No need to edit my post at all--you miss my point. Ask any Flyers fan about the Jones/Bergeron hit (I have--i for some reason have an inordinate number of Flyers-fan friends----even w/the youtube clip running in front of them--and they will tell you Bergeron turned his back to Jones and was responsible from that point on for his own safety. My point was simply that no matter who you believe, the NHL should wise up and change the rules back to something closer to what we  used to see when there was a certain amount of grab/dragging allowed in tight spaces to avoid the kind of ramming into the boards w/abandon we're seeing now. The ridiculous number of concussions around the league should be proof positive enough. and charging was absolutely the right call against Chimera.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Players have been hitting each other has hard as possible since the beginning of checking.  The concussions are generally from dirty checks and elbows, and are derived from the padding these guys wear. 

Slow down the game?  Limit the violence on checks?  He shouldn't have hit him as hard?  Did I click the link for "Mom's On Hockey"? 

THIS IS HOCKEY.  It is a very violent game.  People get hurt. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Chimera you freakin ____!":
    Lets be honest. Walkom made that bogus call because he is sucking up to Gregorys Daddy, just like most of his colleagues.  Walkom wants to work the lucrative playoffs...it's really quite simple when you think about it. Posted by null
    what a d!ck head

Sections
Shortcuts