Chowda HELP!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Chowda HELP!!

When it comes to rookie's & young players. I trust nobody more than you on here. Can you tell me WHY in the freak the Predators sent Ryan Ellis down to the minors! The guy scored 100 + pts last season for Windsor & got CJP of the year! What the heck is Trotts thinking! This guy is primed for a Calder Trophy I thought. I picked this guy in my pool as the extra d-man! Every freakin magazine I bought said he was NHL ready this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Chowda HELP!!

In Response to Chowda HELP!!:
    When it comes to rookie's & young players. I trust nobody more than you on here. Can you tell me WHY in the freak the Predators sent Ryan Ellis down to the minors! The guy scored 100 + pts last season for Windsor & got CJP of the year! What the heck is Trotts thinking! This guy is primed for a Calder Trophy I thought. I picked this guy in my pool as the extra d-man! Every freakin magazine I bought said he was NHL ready this year.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nite, I think he's just a victim of depth right now.

Weber-TOI-26:28
    Suter -TOI-27:38
    Blum  -TOI-22:26
    Klein  -TOI-21:06
    Hillen -TOI-12:08
    Laakso-TOI-10:40

As you can see there aren't many minutes to go around. They'd rather have him still getting big minutes somewhere than have him sitting in Nashville.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Chowda HELP!!:
    Posted by nitemare-38

I think you got the title of thread wrong nite. It should have read Trotz help !! I was in the same boat as you thinking Ellis would have a really good shot at making the NHL this year.

dez has a good point about the numbers for Nashville's defence . Maybe they didn't think that he could crack their top 4 ( or even top 6 ) and didn't want him playing 5-6 defenceman minutes. So possibly they thought that sending him down and giving him top minutes on the farm team would be the best thing for his development instead of playing minimal minutes in the NHL.

Don't give up on this guy for the future . He is a really good PP QB with a huge shot and nice vision with his passing. He reminds me of Brian Rafalski.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Blum and Ellis are both blessed with ridiculous offensive talent.  Many expect this to be Blum's break-out season.  If Blum hadn't been there, Ellis likely had a better chance of sticking.  Those two should be scary good in a couple of years.  Because they won't have the cap space to keep all of these good young D, people in Tennessee say Suter will probably move on at the end of his current contract.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Apparently, he didn't have the best camp either (according to the stubs when he was sent down, so I have no idea what he did or didn't do).  If I had to guess, Barry's answer would be "you don't earn an NHL job on OHL production - or Bryan Fogarty would have been a Norris candidate."

Nashville's depth is on the blueline.  If they had a forward prospect with Ellis's potential, he'd have a much easier road. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bryan Fogarty's addictions would also have had a say in the Norris trophy candidate thing. Even as an underaged drinking junior there was evidence that there was a problem. Addictions have some sad outcomes !

Edit :

Bryan's junior career was tainted years before his incredible season. Bryan has been battling alcohol dependency since the age of 14. Off ice suspensions and curfew violations were frequent for the 6'2" 200lb Brantford Ontario native. He was kicked off the Canadian National junior team in 1987 for heavy drinking (and never invited back). He was also convicted of impaired driving causing a vehicle accident

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's tough to hear that a talented youngster has blown away opportunity with a drinking problem. Is the NHL program available to minor league players? Or, is there a program to help these kids and their parents ? On a different note, it would appear that Nashville and the Bruins would be obvious trading partners as their young D and the Bruins young forwards emerge from Juniors. Interesting thought, but, this Bruins team looks prety solid, with only improving chemistry eluding them so far. In addition, Colorado's game plan included shooting into the Bruins net front defense as a way to have deflecting pucks diverted  by the bruins goalies. Just one of other schemes to get pucks by Thomas and Rask. Just rambling thoughts on a rainy day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

How many d-men that play JR get a 100 pts a season; plus play for the National team. Watching him last yr in WJC he was the best player on the ice 95% of the time. If it's a numbers game I can understand that; but disappointing for everybody who touted this guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Chowda HELP!!:
    [QUOTE]It's tough to hear that a talented youngster has blown away opportunity with a drinking problem. Is the NHL program available to minor league players? Or, is there a program to help these kids and their parents ? On a different note, it would appear that Nashville and the Bruins would be obvious trading partners as their young D and the Bruins young forwards emerge from Juniors. Interesting thought, but, this Bruins team looks prety solid, with only improving chemistry eluding them so far. In addition, Colorado's game plan included shooting into the Bruins net front defense as a way to have deflecting pucks diverted  by the bruins goalies. Just one of other schemes to get pucks by Thomas and Rask. Just rambling thoughts on a rainy day.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOT

A very interesting thought indeed if the Bruins or Nashville were involved in trade talks at any point. Good post young fella ! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Bryan had been battling alcohol dependency since the age of 14."

Fogarty, still drinking heavily, died in 2002 of an enlarged heart.  Hard not to interpret that as alcoholic cardiomyopathy.  The core of his story is similar to a guy like Greinke's - incredible talent from a young age, but accelerated into situations that either produced or worsened a social anxiety disorder.  If the drinking was a coping mechanism, it was both what helped him to Orr-like numbers in his final season of Jr. and part of his failure to stick in the NHL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Chowda HELP!! : Nite, I think he's just a victim of depth right now. Weber-TOI-26:28 Suter -TOI-27:38 Blum  -TOI-22:26 Klein  -TOI-21:06 Hillen -TOI-12:08 Laakso-TOI-10:40 As you can see there aren't many minutes to go around. They'd rather have him still getting big minutes somewhere than have him sitting in Nashville.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Ding Ding.   Nashville has a pile of talent back there.   I would not be shocked if they dealt Ellis.  He is a an offensive dynamo but some wonder if he will have success at the NHL level.  The Oilers could use him big time and have the talent to swing a deal.  They are actively seeking a anchor for the PP and just a top 4 dman.  Their defense is awful. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Another aspect to these thoughts is a question. Nashville continues to select and develop quality D men. Is this Trotz ? or someone on his staff ? or have they developed a "profile" that continues to pay off. After reading how Chiarelli has been aware of Peverly since his college days; plus the drafting of Knight Spooner,and KoKo, can we deduce that Peter has an eye for talent up front ? Certainly Peter has assembled an interesting group of players to accept and complement Claude's defense first strategy, but, are also struggling to score goals off of the many chances they are creating. Is the lack of finish attributable to constantly being aware of defensive positioning ? Interesting conundrum, and the answer is not immediately ,or easy, to define.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Another aspect to these thoughts is a question. Nashville continues to select and develop quality D men. Is this Trotz ? or someone on his staff ? or have they developed a "profile" that continues to pay off. After reading how Chiarelli has been aware of Peverly since his college days; plus the drafting of Knight Spooner,and KoKo, can we deduce that Peter has an eye for talent up front ? Certainly Peter has assembled an interesting group of players to accept and complement Claude's defense first strategy, but, are also struggling to score goals off of the many chances they are creating. Is the lack of finish attributable to constantly being aware of defensive positioning ? Interesting conundrum, and the answer is not immediately ,or easy, to define.
    Posted by bogie6

Good pts.  But with Nashville the two horses were gonna be horses wherever they roamed.  I would give credit to scouting before the coaches.   NJ and Detroit have a way of finding gems that other teams miss. 
    Trotz is my favoirte coach in the league. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The question you need to ask is not why was Ellis demoted, but who would you use on your pp, Ellis, Weber or Suter? Since even the most passionate Ellis supporter would have to say that Weber and Suter make that a tough call, there is no spot for Ellis on their roster.  He will not be better than anyone defensively. They also have one youngster already in Blum, I know I wouldn't want two on my team if I could avoid it. There is a good chance that Weber will walk at the end of the year, so I think they will keep and prepare Ellis to replace him in the lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Chowda HELP!! : Ding Ding.   Nashville has a pile of talent back there.   I would not be shocked if they dealt Ellis.  He is a an offensive dynamo but some wonder if he will have success at the NHL level.  The Oilers could use him big time and have the talent to swing a deal.  They are actively seeking a anchor for the PP and just a top 4 dman.  Their defense is awful. 
    Posted by shuperman

Wait ! are you qualified to answer that ? (inside joke)  Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh and Chowdah,  I can't wait till Tampa sends Brent 35goals Connolly back to juniors.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Oh and Chowdah,   I can't wait till Tampa sends Brent 35goals Connolly back to juniors.
    Posted by BsLegion

LOL , I know where you're going with that. I don't miss the originator of ^^^^ at all.

Sections
Shortcuts