Chris Clark to report to Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chris Clark to report to Providence

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/11/chris_clark_to.html

"Clark remains free to sign an NHL contract with any team. Signing Clark to a PTO does not guarantee the veteran forward’s rights to the Bruins."

Either way I think this is a good thing especially the way Pouliot has played.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Chris Clark to report to Providence

In Response to Chris Clark to report to Providence:
    [QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/11/chris_clark_to.html "Clark remains free to sign an NHL contract with any team. Signing Clark to a PTO does not guarantee the veteran forward’s rights to the Bruins." Either way I think this is a good thing especially the way Pouliot has played.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Even if he stays in the AHL it's a good thing for the guys in Providence to have a seasoned vet there.  It's like this, except it's hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDGQbLB-trM

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If he does impress maybe the Bruins do sign him to a real contract, maybe 1 year.
    Right now he would have to outplay Pouliot (easy), Caron (will be given more time) and even guys like Paille and Thorton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

I think this is the right way to go.

We don't need any crazy big trades right now.

We have the guys, just get them going in the right direction.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I like the idea PC playing the waiting game for November. He will pull the plug if the boys do not tighten up their laces.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I thought they should have signed clark. I had hoped that Pouliot would work out... but alas I was wrong. He is surprising no one. I'm not saying throw in the towel, I'm saying Clark will be a nice prod to the behind to have him get in gear. If not hello veteran leadership.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Yup, Chris Clark in Providence is what I always said would happen. And I didn't need Boston.com providing the future for me to figure it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I read this as a reflection on Caron, not Pouliot.

If Caron were playing well, Pouliot is in the press box as #13 and there's no need to add Clark. But since Caron is not playing well, and it makes no sense to have him rust in the press box when he could be getting mins in Providence, bringing in Clark means that Caron will eventually get his butt shipped to the Baby Bs.

And stop with the Thornton and Paille comments. They're playing. Get used to it. The last roster spot and press box duty is down to Pouliot, Clark and Caron...just like it was in camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Clark to report to Providence:[QUOTE]I read this as a reflection on Caron, not Pouliot. If Caron were playing well, Pouliot is in the press box as #13 and there's no need to add Clark. But since Caron is not playing well, and it makes no sense to have him rust in the press box when he could be getting mins in Providence, bringing in Clark means that Caron will eventually get his butt shipped to the Baby Bs. Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

" Our guys did a great job. Our third man high tonight was better, which resulted in [Chris] Kelly’s goal. I thought our net-front presence – I look at [Jordan] Caron on both go-ahead goals, the third one and the fourth one, Kelly’s goal and [Johnny] Boychuk’s – he did a great job of screening the goaltender, and that’s what we need."

I disagree on Caron and so does Claude. Jordan is young and needs some more time with the big boys. Try to be patient Asmaha...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This is good for everyone involved, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Clark to report to Providence:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Clark to report to Providence : Jordan is young and needs some more time with the big boys. Try to be patient Asmaha...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree.

He's barely played this season and people are upset that he's not perfect.

Give the kid some time!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Pouilot is toast once Clark gets up to game speed. We all know that Chiarelli is loyal to his cup-winning players and Pouilot is not in that group. Ergo, audios Benoit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Clark to report to Providence:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Clark to report to Providence : Yes, Caron did play well in his last game but he does need some healthy competition for that last spot on the 3rd line.Obviously if he doesn't keep it up[I hope he does] maybe Clark will get his chance.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

I agree I think Clark somehow works himself into some NHL games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Clark to report to Providence : " Our guys did a great job. Our third man high tonight was better, which resulted in [Chris] Kelly’s goal. I thought our net-front presence – I look at [Jordan] Caron on both go-ahead goals, the third one and the fourth one, Kelly’s goal and [Johnny] Boychuk’s – he did a great job of screening the goaltender, and that’s what we need." I disagree on Caron and so does Claude. Jordan is young and needs some more time with the big boys. Try to be patient Asmaha...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] Yes, Caron did play well in his last game but he does need some healthy competition for that last spot on the 3rd line.Obviously if he doesn't keep it up[I hope he does] maybe Clark will get his chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Chris Clark is a vet who is tough and can score goals. He could be simiar to Rex in the leadership role and good in the room. The man won't cost much but could be better than Caron or Pouilot on the third line. If this works out the Bruins won't have to trade any roster players and the team stays intaked. That may be the only shake up the Bruins need to be respectful again, it's worth a try.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Whether it be by injuries or poor performance by a player or 2 on the big club, I somehow get the feeling Clark will be up in Boston at some point during the season. I can see him being a solid, consitent contributor too.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sory asmaha, you must be watching a different game. Claude has finally allowed Caron more than a whiff and he is producing. He plays well [chemistry] with Kelly and Peverly, just ask Kelly and Claude. He is big, young, strong, and hockey smart. As time goes he will start chipping in the rebounds and increase his value. Signing Clark looks more like an insurance policy. Clark lioves in Connecticutt, can drive to Providence, and asked for the opportunity. Providence needs smart veteran influence to help a fairly young squad [ 50% 23 0r under]. They have a coach and assistant with NHL defense experience, Clark can become a playing coach for the young forwards. It could be his transition into coaching. Does anyone think that Clark's experience could be better than Goeff Ward's ? Just a guess. Certainly an easy way to find out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I have nothing against Caron and think he'll be a solid 3rd line guy at some point....but I'm just trying to find out why Boston would take the shot at Clark now. It was more a comment on use of the #13 slot and that it makes no sense to have Caron there. That, and Julien is just pumping Caron's tires. He's not really a difference-maker at this point. It's not a knock on the guy, just the facts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I don't think that he has to be a "difference maker".  He needs to be a solid 3rd line forward.  If he gets no points but his line is scoring more goals because he is screening the goalie and tipping shots then great.  If he is solid defensively and doesn't cost us any goals then even better.  I actually think he has an above average shot and will pot some once he gets going, but lets not act like anybody expects him to come in and be the saviour of this team and put up 30 goals.  With regular time on the third line I say he's good for 15-20 goals, maybe more

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I have nothing against Caron and think he'll be a solid 3rd line guy at some point....but I'm just trying to find out why Boston would take the shot at Clark now. It was more a comment on use of the #13 slot and that it makes no sense to have Caron there. That, and Julien is just pumping Caron's tires. He's not really a difference-maker at this point. It's not a knock on the guy, just the facts.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Asmaha, I've got to respectfully disagree with you. I'm in CJ's camp as I also think all of the little things added up can make the difference. CJ could've simply said that Caron played well if a tire pumping was in order. I think the fact CJ pointed out the specific plays (which they worked on all week) speaks volumes. Caron is paying attention to detail. We all know that's one of the 1st things a player must exhibit to earn ice time from CJ. If Caron keeps playing as he did last game, I'd have no problem with him,Kelly and Peverly as the regular 3rd line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This has strayed more towards Caron than Clark, and Caron deserves the comments. His play has helped solidify Kelly's line as both defensively and offensively solid. Now It's really time to work on Campbell's line. Any evaluation is more emotional than objective as the weakest link is Thornton, beloved by the Bruins gallery gods, and appreciated by management as his actions do sell tickets. The question is a bit more complex. If the Bruins are to make the playoffs, the Campbell line needs to be upgraded with skill and experience. This may be where Peter and Claude realize they could use Clark. However the decision could well mean dumping Pouliot, so Peter may be trying to trade him[ good luck] for a draft pick. Dumping Pouliot; adding Clark as the substitute forward may be the best move, particularly since the other three lines appear to be set.