Chris Drury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINS420. Show BRUINS420's posts

Chris Drury

We love to see the Bruins Invite him to camp!! Take over for Reechi as a hunger vet looking for a cup! And about him having bad knees it's impossible to see him any slower then Reechi was anyhow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Chris Drury

18-46-17
    49-37-63
    Pouliot-19-23
    22-11-20

Where would you like the old failure to play?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Drury:
    18-46-17 49-37-63 Pouliot-19-23 22-11-20 Where would you like the old failure to play?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Penciling 22 into the roster.  Change of heart?  Drinking?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Drury : Penciling 22 into the roster.  Change of heart?  Drinking?
    Posted by scooter244

My hatred of the Skating Clown doesn't mean the Bruins won't put him on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I hate using Wikepedia as a source of info but ... "Drury may have a degenerative condition in his left knee which will cause him to miss the entire 2011-2012 season". Thus no thanks.

See second to last paragraph of this link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Drury

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

He's Bourque's buddy. Therefore, he would make a great Bruin. :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I'd love to add Drury to the Roster, but there just isnt room.. NAS old failure??  I mean 34, NCAA Championship, Hobey Baker, Calder, Stanley cup, 3 olympic medals.. 11 GWG in the play offs, And I believe he hit a walkoff home run in the little league world series, and won a Peewee national championship..

If thats a failure I'd hate to ask you what it would take to define a success...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Not-A-Shot I know you do not like Shawn Thornton but to call the guy a skating clown really?.Exactly how many NHL games have you played, and last time I checked Thornton has  his name on the Stanley Cup twice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I agree with Roler.
    old with bad knees, yes.
    Failure? hardly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Glad im not the only one to feel this way.

Not-A-Shot I know you do not like Shawn Thornton but to call the guy a skating clown really?.Exactly how many NHL games have you played, and last time I checked Thornton has  his name on the Stanley Cup twice.
    Posted by john6345

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Posted by john6345

Here here

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There are plenty of lousy players with rings.  I'd go so far as to say that for every name-brand NHL star who didn't win a Cup, there are 5 monkeys whose names are on the LSC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And just to be equal opportunity:

Skate Drury in place of #22. (or skate neither)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Chris Drury would bring similar Recchi elements to the Bruins, but his knees are bad.  Also, it's time to give younger players a chance to play.  I see no reason to sign him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

There are plenty of lousy players with rings.  I'd go so far as to say that for every name-brand NHL star who didn't win a Cup, there are 5 monkeys whose names are on the LSC.
    Posted by Bookboy007

There are no "lousy" players in the NHL. When people, who have probably never achieved anything athletically, refer to players that have performed in the highest level of their profession, as "monkeys", or "skating clowns", they only succeed in making themselves look foolish.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh relax.  Every conversation establishes its own sphere for comparables.  When discussing NHL players, it's not necessary to preface every conversation by saying "all evaluative statements should only be taken within the context of this conversation and not within a more general context where the necessary framework of context and past indicators of quality do not exist." 

I find this kind of protection for the feelings of the worst players at the highest level laughable.  And Nick Fotiu was a monkey on skates, as was Tim Hunter.  No, I take it back.  The Most Valuable Primate in those movies that I can only assume were gawd awful?  That monkey could play if Fotiu is your comparable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Drury : There are no "lousy" players in the NHL. When people, who have probably never achieved anything athletically, refer to players that have performed in the highest level of their profession, as "monkeys", or "skating clowns", they only succeed in making themselves look foolish.
    Posted by biggskye

Thats entirely untrue, when you are talking about anything, your standard of average would be with in the group..

In terms of a lousy player, your talking comparing to an average NHL player.. You think there are no lousy doctors or Lawyers as well?? 

Most of the posters on here realize even thorton (who I dont think is lousy for the record) still has more skill at hockey then most of us..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I honestly think Thornton is very good for what he does. He has probably the best hands of any fighter/enforcer in the league. His energy level and compete levels are through the roof. He has a fire that can inspire an entire team. Need I mention game 3 of the SCF? Before every game he was so fired up he couldn't stand still. He brings a different element to the game that gets the rest of the team to be more aggressive and more physical. I think he completely changes the teams image and dynamic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by john6345

How dumb.  I'm not comparing him to me or to us.  I'm comparing him to NHL caliber hockey players.

Doug Brown won two Cups with Detroit.  Does that make him a good NHL player?

Paul Stanton won two Cups with Pittsburgh.  Does that make him a good NHL player?

A clear sign of a weak argument is when a poster questions another poster about his ability to play hockey. 

How dumb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd love to add Drury to the Roster, but there just isnt room.. NAS old failure??  I mean 34, NCAA Championship, Hobey Baker, Calder, Stanley cup, 3 olympic medals.. 11 GWG in the play offs, And I believe he hit a walkoff home run in the little league world series, and won a Peewee national championship.. If thats a failure I'd hate to ask you what it would take to define a success...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I'll give you that!  I was thinking more present tense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

No offense to anyone, but if Drury was decent then why haven't other teams picked him up?  NOPE! Youth movement must continue.  Teemu is better of a pick up than Drury btw.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Drury : Thats entirely untrue, when you are talking about anything, your standard of average would be with in the group.. In terms of a lousy player, your talking comparing to an average NHL player.. You think there are no lousy doctors or Lawyers as well??  Most of the posters on here realize even thorton (who I dont think is lousy for the record) still has more skill at hockey then most of us..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Comparing doctors & lawyers to NHL players, is like comparing oranges to an alligator.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Drury : Comparing doctors & lawyers to NHL players, is like comparing oranges to an alligator.
    Posted by biggskye

No one is comparing them outside of suggesting that each is skilled.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

No offense to anyone, but if Drury was decent then why haven't other teams picked him up?  NOPE! Youth movement must continue.  Teemu is better of a pick up than Drury btw.  
    Posted by islamorada

Teemu,IMO, would look great on RW with Bergeron & Marchand, but it will never happen. He will be with the Ducks, or retired.
    It would also let Seguin play again with Kelly & Peverly.Kelly could handle the d-zone faceoffs if necessary.
    But, it's never going to happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Drury : How dumb.  I'm not comparing him to me or to us.  I'm comparing him to NHL caliber hockey players. Doug Brown won two Cups with Detroit.  Does that make him a good NHL player? Paul Stanton won two Cups with Pittsburgh.  Does that make him a good NHL player? A clear sign of a weak argument is when a poster questions another poster about his ability to play hockey.  How dumb.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

weak argument indeed. how lame.

Sections
Shortcuts