Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?

This guy absolutely suxs. This is more evidence that Clod is useless. I'm sure Clod wanted him badly. At least we now know why Ottawa is the worst team in the NHL......I'd also like to point out that Wheeler has 13 points in 18 games for Atlanta....Peverly has 4 points for Boston?? How is that possible? He is a good player. What is Clod doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?

In Response to Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?:
    This guy absolutely suxs. This is more evidence that Clod is useless. I'm sure Clod wanted him badly. At least we now know why Ottawa is the worst team in the NHL......I'd also like to point out that Wheeler has 13 points in 18 games for Atlanta....Peverly has 4 points for Boston?? How is that possible? He is a good player. What is Clod doing?
    Posted by nash99

You've got me been saying same thing for awhile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ok. I'll bite. You know just as well as anyone that it's insane to think of it as a 1-for-1 trade. Before the moves, you were on these board moaning about how inconsistent the Bruins were and how they weren't going anywhere with this team. They were lazy, and didn't give effort, and had too many loafers.

Then the team goes out and picks up Peverly, Kelly, Kaberle and Hnidy in an attempt to improve their playoff chances *this year*. They had to give up some picks, some prospects, Wheeler and Stuart in order to make it all happen. They now play a more relaible game and have guys who will play smart, 2-way hockey up and down the lineup. You know, the kind that wins playoff games.

Wait and judge after the season is over. If they kick the pooch in the playoffs, then you are 100% correct in that the moves didn't work out. Until then, Peter Schaefer gets my vote as worst Bruins ever.

Lighten up. It's the weekend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

I actually don't think it's fair to Seguin to have him on Kelly's wing. Kelly takes situations that have about a 50% chance of success and turns them into 10% prayers or a turnover on a consistent basis. He is where chances go to die.

Paille appears to be a better offensive player. Thornton seems to be a better offensive player. Shane Hnidy just might be a better offensive player.

Seguin and Marchand have obvious chemistry. That must explain the hesitation to play them together more often. Glad they get the PP now at least.

Glad they won even while playing rather uninspired and lazy hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community
    First: 5/1/2009
    Last: 4/2/2011

Nash99 = Worst Poster on this board ever!

Kelly is not going to score alot, but what he gives is a solid effort, sound defensive, penalty killing and the most important part of his game-- an excellent faceoff man which is key in the playoffs.  The only Stats that mean didly are W's.  Get a clue Nash99, before you any post more idiotic dribble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

24 games, 1 goal, 9 assists, ankle injury...gone on long term IR.

My vote goes to Alexei Zhamnov.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Peverley and Ryder are top 6 players...how Clod manages to play them so little and gets nothing out of them is a testament to his incompetence. Kelly just boggles my mind...maybe they needed a lefthanded center who can win faceoffs or do some other pointless hockey task. Arnott was available and he is 100x better than this Kelly stiff...and Wideman is even a better deal than Kaberle which doesn't say much for Kaberle IMO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

How does a third line center on the worst team in the NHL make the Bruins better and he signed for another year? You can find a faceoff guy for nothing at the trade deadline. Kelly brings them nothing except an excuse not to play Seguin I supposed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Brandon Bochenski, Jeff Hogan, Mark Mowers, Petr Tenkrat, and Brad Marchand and you think Kelly is the worst Bruin ever? Please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

hehe - that's funny dc-b-fan...including Marchand on your list.

Just checking to see if we're reading all of your posts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?:
    hehe - that's funny dc-b-fan...including Marchand on your list. Just checking to see if we're reading all of your posts?
    Posted by Davinator

There is a 7 page thread floating around that seems to suggest Marchand is awful. Not sure since it is pretty incoherent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : There is a 7 page thread floating around that seems to suggest Marchand is awful. Not sure since it is pretty incoherent.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

It doesn't float around.It's taken on a life of it's own.I wish Boston had more awful players like Marchand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Time to move Ryder up a line and Kelly back.

Go B's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

While I didnt understand the Kelly aquisition to say he is the worst Bruin ever is idiotic at best. Kevin Stevens jumps to mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

While I didnt understand the Kelly aquisition to say he is the worst Bruin ever is idiotic at best. Kevin Stevens jumps to mind.
    Posted by kelvana33

But Stevens was the highest scoring crack-head in Bruins history.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Jason York was pretty awful for the Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

chris kelly is twice the player stan chistov was haha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

chris kelly is twice the player stan chistov was haha
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Thanks alot Loyal.I was able to block him from my memory until now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

Kelly is just another one of PCs buddies from up north. PC and Julien have a tendency to play it safe and aquire players they know, that is why the Bruins roster is littered with ex Ottawa and Montreal players.Good GMs and coaches are willing to take chances and not always play it safe. That is why this team is good but just not Championship caliber. I hope I am wrong but I feel we are that one player short of a serious cup run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : Thanks alot Loyal.I was able to block him from my memory until now.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez u want to laugh even more?
    2001 NHL entry draft
    1. Llya Kovalchuk
    2. Jason Spezza
    3. Alexandr Svitov
    4. Stephen Weiss
    5. STANISLAV CHISTOV
    6. Mikko Koivu
    7. Mike Komisarek
    8. Pascal Leclaire
    9. Tuomo Ruutu
    10. Dan Blackburn
    5th overall what a nightmare.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Posts from nash99 are hidden

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I've been wondering about this board for years - some great, knowledgeable posts, some really stupid ones, and some by fantasy hockey fans.

Kelly makes a very good third line with Peverley and Seguin - that's what the trade was all about.  If you can't understand that, then keep losing your points in your fantasy leagues.  Sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Peverley and Ryder are top 6 players...how Clod manages to play them so little and gets nothing out of them is a testament to his incompetence. Kelly just boggles my mind...maybe they needed a lefthanded center who can win faceoffs or do some other pointless hockey task. Arnott was available and he is 100x better than this Kelly stiff...and Wideman is even a better deal than Kaberle which doesn't say much for Kaberle IMO
    Posted by nash99

Hey know-it-all-about-nothing! Did you know that Philly scored 7 goals off the face-off last year in that series? You can never have enough depth centermen who can win draws! Bergy, Peverly & Kelly are all over 50%.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : dez u want to laugh even more? 2001 NHL entry draft 1. Llya Kovalchuk 2. Jason Spezza 3. Alexandr Svitov 4. Stephen Weiss 5. STANISLAV CHISTOV 6. Mikko Koivu 7. Mike Komisarek 8. Pascal Leclaire 9. Tuomo Ruutu 10. Dan Blackburn 5th overall what a nightmare.

This makes me much, much, much less excited for the upcoming TO pick. 4 of those players are complete busts (Svitov, Chistov, Leclaire, Blackburn) and 3 more don't make me think "top 10 talent" (Weiss, Komisarek, Ruutu).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : dez u want to laugh even more? 2001 NHL entry draft 1. Llya Kovalchuk 2. Jason Spezza 3. Alexandr Svitov 4. Stephen Weiss 5. STANISLAV CHISTOV 6. Mikko Koivu 7. Mike Komisarek 8. Pascal Leclaire 9. Tuomo Ruutu 10. Dan Blackburn 5th overall what a nightmare.

Ouch !

I was expecting more from Kelly.  Actually he was much more agressive in games I saw Ottawa play. Not sure what's up with him , he just does not seem like the same player.
    On another note it's rare I see the guy lose a faceoff.  Right now he's been very useful winning important faceoffs in their own zone.
    I just expect more from him. 

Sections
Shortcuts