Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : This makes me much, much, much less excited for the upcoming TO pick. 4 of those players are complete busts (Svitov, Chistov, Leclaire, Blackburn) and 3 more don't make me think "top 10 talent" (Weiss, Komisarek, Ruutu).
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

i hear u dc which leads to my next point. the bruins trade a 2nd rounder for chris kelly. is the price to high maybe, maybe not i mean u just pointed out how the the first 10 picks are a crap shoot never mind the 2nd round. chris kelly is what he is a high energy lacking offensive talent who has more experience then some of the more mentioned guys in providence. does he have more talent no, will he help more then those guys yes. then u will get others who point out a trade like kovalev to Pitt for a 7th rounder. i mean u can pay less for a guy like kovlev but u know what your getting, a guy who makes Ryder look like he is all out every shift.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : Hey know-it-all-about-nothing! Did you know that Philly scored 7 goals off the face-off last year in that series? You can never have enough depth centermen who can win draws! Bergy, Peverly & Kelly are all over 50%.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

if that is correct that is a great stat nite.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : This makes me much, much, much less excited for the upcoming TO pick. 4 of those players are complete busts (Svitov, Chistov, Leclaire, Blackburn) and 3 more don't make me think "top 10 talent" (Weiss, Komisarek, Ruutu).
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Yeah DC,it doesn't seem as good but let's not forget that guys like Hamhuis,Hemsky,Cammalleri,Plekanec,and Sharp were taken after the 1st 10 picks that year.For whatever reason,there will always be good players that get drafted lower than their talent level should dictate.Here's hoping PC can pick one of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I think Kelly provides a number of elements that will play very well in the playoffs. Up by a goal with 5-7 minutes left...having players like Kelly, Peverly, Campbell, Bergeron, Recchi, etc out there who really know how to play solid defensively but still have the ability to create chances offensively will be huge. Not to mention the penalty kill and basic faceoff situations. Wheeler would be sitting on the bench with 5 minutes left in these situations.

The trades weren't all about star power. They were strategic moves for very specific playoff situations. Good for PC to recognize a window of opportunity and try to increase their chances this year. What more would you want out of ownership?

That said, it still seems evident that a motivated Ryder on the 3rd line and bumping Kelly to 4th line and PK situations would be the best overall use of talent. Not sure why Julien doesn't give this a look before too long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I think Kelly provides a number of elements that will play very well in the playoffs. Up by a goal with 5-7 minutes left...having players like Kelly, Peverly, Campbell, Bergeron, Recchi, etc out there who really know how to play solid defensively but still have the ability to create chances offensively will be huge. Not to mention the penalty kill and basic faceoff situations. Wheeler would be sitting on the bench with 5 minutes left in these situations. The trades weren't all about star power. They were strategic moves for very specific playoff situations. Good for PC to recognize a window of opportunity and try to increase their chances this year. What more would you want out of ownership? That said, it still seems evident that a motivated Ryder on the 3rd line and bumping Kelly to 4th line and PK situations would be the best overall use of talent. Not sure why Julien doesn't give this a look before too long.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

1 more post asmaha and u break your cherry. make it a good 1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : 1 more post asmaha and u break your cherry. make it a good 1.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    1 more and he'll be in NAS country.I'm not sure if that's good or bad for Asmaha but I've enjoyed reading his first 99 posts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever? : if that is correct that is a great stat nite.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

From NHL.com

Bergy- 56.4
    Peverly- 54.8
    Kelly- 53.0
    Krejci- 48.8

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Kelly is the wet blanket snuffing out Seguin's spark.

Kelly is chance-death.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

For me it has to be Joe Juneau. Yeah, I know he put up some fine numbers for a couple years but he was such a simpering wuss. No wonder he ended up with the hated Habs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Kelly should play on the 4th line!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

So you would rather have Kelly than Arnott...? Some of you people are just Jerk Edwads-like Bruins suck ups. The guy wins 50% of his faceoffs? So he loses 50% right?....yeah start planning the Cup parade

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

To the OP:
    Brad Richards, Mike Richards, Stephen Stamkos...
    All have lower face off %'s than Chris Kelly. Do I want those guys on my team? Sure I do, but not to take face-offs. Kelly plays a sound 2-way game with exceptional speed. We traded what could be the 60th pick in the draft for the guy.  Ill trade a pick that has a 1 in 4 chance to even make it in the NHL for a guy that can shore up an obvious weakness on our B's team. Whats the flippin beef here anyway?

Go B's!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Worst Bruin ever..Mats Naslund , hands down!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Kelly just plain has no hands at all. Chiarelli labeled him as a "two-way" player and I got blasted by the imbeciles on this board for laughing at that description. He is at least a decent defensive player. Peverly only adds speed but the Bruins badly needed that. The Bruins love their defensive forwards. CJ can't implement a strong offensive system with the roster given him. He has to stay with the conservative approach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Didn't realize it was 100 posts. Ask and ye shall receive....

Once again nash, it never ceases to amaze me how wrong you are. Arnott carries a $4.5 mil salary and is a UFA next year. Kelly is $2.125 mil and has another year. You can't simply state that it would be one or the other. Of course we'd prefer Arnott over Kelly strictly speaking on talent, but it doesn't work that way.

Let's assume we all live in your fantasy hockey world and the Bruins were the only team to want Arnott's services. We know that's not true, but what the hey. In order to get him, they still would have to give up a similar package that Washington did (a 2nd rounder + 4th line center with minimal salary). They then would have blown their cap space and limited their ability to make other deals. Perhaps they find a way to land Kaberle, but it certainly would have meant no Peverly and it would mean they still would have to move players to a willing partner to make space (hello, this is Peter Chiarelli calling....would you like Ryder...um....hello?....hello?)...more space now since they have an additional $2.375 to find since they now have Arnott and not Kelly.

So enough of this Arnott vs. Kelly crap. Money had to be moved around, and the only way to analyze this is to look at the total end game:

Kaberle, Peverly, Kelly, Hnidy, Valabik  /> Wheeler, Stuart, Colborne and picks

It works short-term (Kaberle and Peverly alone are better than Stuart and Wheeler in a tight playoff game. Peverly and Kelly provide the O-depth needed to allow Seguin to play). It works long-term (Wheeler is a RFA & Stuart had to be re-signed while Kelly and Peverly are tied up for next year). Kaberle's extension is obviously a key factor.

So stop watering down the discussion. If you feel that Kaberle, Peverly, Kelly, Hnidy, Valabik is not /> Wheeler, Stuart, Colborne and picks...then say why. Drop some knowledge.

But we know what your response will be. You'll find a new way to re-state what you said before. Either you don't read other people's opinions, or you don't understand them. I have a guess which way it is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Dp_RyLswE&feature=related

He needs to score a goal to get going. He obliously has some skill to score

I thought this was his last year with us but we are stuck with him for another season next year. He has to get it going 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What did people expect from this guy?  He's a 3rd line center.

As long as he wins draws, checks and plays good positional center ice, it's fine. It was a depth move.

What I cannot figure out is why people complain about Paille. I always liked him, even last year.  The guy makes plays out there, He plays a sound wing, can take a draw if you need it, has some speed and checks well.

For a 4th line player, he can score a timely goal and can bring that quality to the 4th line.

When you have players who'd be playing on higher lines on other teams of lesseer caliber, playing deeper here, that's a good thing.

I woudn't get too picky on the back end players. Complaining about production from the 3rd and 4th lines makes no sense to me.

Complain about Ryder not potting goals.  Horton has picked up of late and needs to continue to hammer away.  These are the guys you should be looking at to complain.

Peverley needs to keep at it. He's the key alongside Ryder.  Both guys are expected to pot a goal here and there (at minimum), so they need to do that.

Getting bent out of shape over Chris Kelly is like getting uptight that PJ Axelsson wasn't a goal scorer here. It wasn't his game.

Plus, Kelly has had multiple wingers and a new system to grow into.  

He's been quiet, but not bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

BB, this might be the one time i do agree with you, i like your comparison with pj- his contributions won't show up on a stat sheet. the effort is there

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]BB, this might be the one time i do agree with you, i like your comparison with pj- his contributions won't show up on a stat sheet. the effort is there
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    PJ was a great role player but the only Bruins player I've seen who's wrist shot had an arc on it.I can't remember seeing Kelly fire too many shots yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]What did people expect from this guy?  He's a 3rd line center. As long as he wins draws, checks and plays good positional center ice, it's fine. It was a depth move. What I cannot figure out is why people complain about Paille. I always liked him, even last year.  The guy makes plays out there, He plays a sound wing, can take a draw if you need it, has some speed and checks well. For a 4th line player, he can score a timely goal and can bring that quality to the 4th line. When you have players who'd be playing on higher lines on other teams of lesseer caliber, playing deeper here, that's a good thing. I woudn't get too picky on the back end players. Complaining about production from the 3rd and 4th lines makes no sense to me. Complain about Ryder not potting goals.  Horton has picked up of late and needs to continue to hammer away.  These are the guys you should be looking at to complain. Peverley needs to keep at it. He's the key alongside Ryder.  Both guys are expected to pot a goal here and there (at minimum), so they need to do that. Getting bent out of shape over Chris Kelly is like getting uptight that PJ Axelsson wasn't a goal scorer here. It wasn't his game. Plus, Kelly has had multiple wingers and a new system to grow into.   He's been quiet, but not bad.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

BBR?!?  Good analysis.  I totally agree, and it feels good to say so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

See?  You can be objective and be critical. 

Just because I feel Chia is on the hook for his own moves, etc, just like every other GM in cap leagues, it doesn't mean I am irrational either.

These (irrational Boston) fans who expect to get blood from stone are the same ones who complain about Tim Wakefield's great value at 4 million every year, which is essentially a rolling one year deal.

We see it with Pats fans as well.  Spoiled or irrational is not being objectively crirtical.

95% of MLB teams woud love to have a chip like a Wakefield.  But, we all know Wakefield isn't a 15 game winner either.   He is what he is and if the role isn't glorified, it's still an important role.

You aren't going to have All Stars all over the place. The idea is to generate a fluid synergy and hope it maintains itself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]What did people expect from this guy?  He's a 3rd line center. As long as he wins draws, checks and plays good positional center ice, it's fine. It was a depth move. What I cannot figure out is why people complain about Paille. I always liked him, even last year.  The guy makes plays out there, He plays a sound wing, can take a draw if you need it, has some speed and checks well. For a 4th line player, he can score a timely goal and can bring that quality to the 4th line. When you have players who'd be playing on higher lines on other teams of lesseer caliber, playing deeper here, that's a good thing. I woudn't get too picky on the back end players. Complaining about production from the 3rd and 4th lines makes no sense to me. Complain about Ryder not potting goals.  Horton has picked up of late and needs to continue to hammer away.  These are the guys you should be looking at to complain. Peverley needs to keep at it. He's the key alongside Ryder.  Both guys are expected to pot a goal here and there (at minimum), so they need to do that. Getting bent out of shape over Chris Kelly is like getting uptight that PJ Axelsson wasn't a goal scorer here. It wasn't his game. Plus, Kelly has had multiple wingers and a new system to grow into.   He's been quiet, but not bad.
    Homerun BB! Well said. If I may add another one of PJ's traits that I noticed that Kelly has. Intelligence on the ice. Everyone of PJ's coaches always talked about PJ's smarts & how he read the other teams play. Which in turn would cause the other team to either delay what they wanted to do, which gave the rest of the B's on the ice time to adjust. Or, the opposing team would turn the puck over. If you watch Kelly closely he'll do the same thing.

These are the things that so called fans like Nash aren't educated enough in the game to pick up on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't realize it was 100 posts. Ask and ye shall receive.... Once again nash, it never ceases to amaze me how wrong you are. Arnott carries a $4.5 mil salary and is a UFA next year. Kelly is $2.125 mil and has another year. You can't simply state that it would be one or the other. Of course we'd prefer Arnott over Kelly strictly speaking on talent, but it doesn't work that way. Let's assume we all live in your fantasy hockey world and the Bruins were the only team to want Arnott's services. We know that's not true, but what the hey. In order to get him, they still would have to give up a similar package that Washington did (a 2nd rounder + 4th line center with minimal salary). They then would have blown their cap space and limited their ability to make other deals. Perhaps they find a way to land Kaberle, but it certainly would have meant no Peverly and it would mean they still would have to move players to a willing partner to make space (hello, this is Peter Chiarelli calling....would you like Ryder...um....hello?....hello?)...more space now since they have an additional $2.375 to find since they now have Arnott and not Kelly. So enough of this Arnott vs. Kelly crap. Money had to be moved around, and the only way to analyze this is to look at the total end game: Kaberle, Peverly, Kelly, Hnidy, Valabik  /> Wheeler, Stuart, Colborne and picks It works short-term (Kaberle and Peverly alone are better than Stuart and Wheeler in a tight playoff game. Peverly and Kelly provide the O-depth needed to allow Seguin to play). It works long-term (Wheeler is a RFA & Stuart had to be re-signed while Kelly and Peverly are tied up for next year). Kaberle's extension is obviously a key factor. So stop watering down the discussion. If you feel that Kaberle, Peverly, Kelly, Hnidy, Valabik is not /> Wheeler, Stuart, Colborne and picks...then say why. Drop some knowledge. But we know what your response will be. You'll find a new way to re-state what you said before. Either you don't read other people's opinions, or you don't understand them. I have a guess which way it is.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Congrats on breaking the century mark! Your post are usally are a great read KUTGW!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Don't be hatin' on my Joe!

[QUOTE]For me it has to be Joe Juneau. Yeah, I know he put up some fine numbers for a couple years but he was such a simpering wuss. No wonder he ended up with the hated Habs.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You're point that you don't want allstars all over the place is very true.  You need guys that don't mind getting less minutes, will dive in front of shot, do the work that you don't get credit for.  And obviously by the title of this thread, Kelly does not get credit for what he does.  He was brought in not to make the third line a scoring threat, but to prevent it from being a liability.  Which it had been after Savard went down.  The team is much improved for having him.

[QUOTE]See?  You can be objective and be critical.  Just because I feel Chia is on the hook for his own moves, etc, just like every other GM in cap leagues, it doesn't mean I am irrational either. These (irrational Boston) fans who expect to get blood from stone are the same ones who complain about Tim Wakefield's great value at 4 million every year, which is essentially a rolling one year deal. We see it with Pats fans as well.  Spoiled or irrational is not being objectively crirtical. 95% of MLB teams woud love to have a chip like a Wakefield.  But, we all know Wakefield isn't a 15 game winner either.   He is what he is and if the role isn't glorified, it's still an important role. You aren't going to have All Stars all over the place. The idea is to generate a fluid synergy and hope it maintains itself.