Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?

"you aren't going to have all-stars all over the place"--- 15 of the 25 bosox players have participated in the all-star game at some point in their career. they are the "new" yankees. i for one see it as quite ironic, if you can't beat 'em -join 'em! funny, people used to feel sorry for the sox, only haters were yank fans. now everyone hates the sox, because they have taken a place along side the yankees as buyers of championships. anyways...it's way to early to talk baseball- and my 3-0 orioles!!! WAY too early.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

On Chris Kelly, I'm disappointed as well. 2 assists in 20-plus games is terrible, 3rd line or not. In these spots where some guys go into scoring slumps, he and Peverly were supposed to be guys who at least would score at a Blake Wheeler pace...and they can't do it.

Paille and Ryder have been whipping boys in the B's system in that I think Ryder has a tendency to do nothing other than wait to get a scoring chance. Paille is accused of not being a scorer and can't connect on chances. Yet, he is a fine PK player and a guy who has speed. While Kelly has some facets (faceoffs, defense), it's not enough to warrant having a set spot in the playoffs. The team needs guys who can produce something--set up a goal, a scoring chance. I see almost zero out of Kelly in that department. Peverly has shown just a few signs of skating a bit, but otherwise, the two just don't have an impact.

In close games in the playoffs, I prefer both Ryder and Paille at the back of the roster over a Peverly or Kelly. I know that Ryder can score a goal at any point with his great shot and I know Paille can cause havoc with forechecking and skating and PK play.

Positionally, Kelly is probably more important than Peverly, but both guys should not be given free passes to roster spots each playoff game.

Worst Bruin Ever--Wayne Primeau...what a joke in his 2 years as a B and Landon of the Lost Wilson, another weak link.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I dont know if he is the worst ever but dam I cant believe we have no one better in Providence ...if so we're in troubles ....

Kelly 20GP with the B's .....0G  2A  2pts  -2  26hits 18 SOG

Caron 23GP  with the B's...3G 4A   7pts  +3  19hits  27SOG

Hamill 4GP  with the B's ....0G 2A  2pts  +2   0 hits  2SOG

Hamill with only 2 games played has the same number of points as Kelly ????? and Caron is better at least Hamill and Caron are much younger I think we should try them for the remaining regular season games ...it cant be worst ...I really believe that Kelly puts up a good effort but it is still not enough ...worthless,,,,,,we dont really need him ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Kelly other than the faceoffs...doesnt bring any physical presence to this team, no goals, no points ...he is in the minus with the B's ....I really wonder why he is playing on this team ????? We dont want to look bad since we gave a 2nd round pick for him ????  But we dont corecct a mistake by a mistake....this guy is even slowing down Seguin's progress....how can he still play in the NHL ????  He is useless on the ice please someone in the mgmt ....WAKE UP and give a chance to a younger player ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If all you focus on is G's and A's, then you are missing a lot of what goes on in a hockey game.  Kelly is not holding back Seguin, he is helping him because he makes up for Tyler's shortcomings.  Kelly has made the Bruins a better team, regardless of whether he scores.  That said, since these games are meaningless, I wouldn't mind seeing a more offensive trio tried, such as Seguin, Pever and Ryder, or Seguin Soupy and Ryder, and Kelly on the fourth line.  But I am nonetheless happy with Kelly's contributions and picking him up was possibly the best move PC made at the deadline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Nice to see some people comparing Kelly to Axelsson.  I was thinking of the similarities between the two, but was reluctant to post it, thinking I would get flamed.  Both players with underrated value to the team.

That said, I was expecting a little more out of Kelly.  For those complaining that Kelly and Peverley are holding Seguin back, I would suggest that Seguin is holding them back to a degree, as they always have to be in position to cover up for him when he turns the puck over.  Seguin will be a great NHL player some day, but he isn't there yet, and no combination of linemates will turn him into a superstar overnight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?:
    Nice to see some people comparing Kelly to Axelsson.  I was thinking of the similarities between the two, but was reluctant to post it, thinking I would get flamed.  Both players with underrated value to the team. That said, I was expecting a little more out of Kelly.  For those complaining that Kelly and Peverley are holding Seguin back, I would suggest that Seguin is holding them back to a degree, as they always have to be in position to cover up for him when he turns the puck over.  Seguin will be a great NHL player some day, but he isn't there yet, and no combination of linemates will turn him into a superstar overnight.
    Posted by Mutant211

The flip-side of the turnover coin is that Seguin will be less likely to turn the puck over if given an outlet for it in a timely fashion.It's when forced to hang onto a puck for an extra split second because you can't find an open man that you become more likely to turn it over.That's basically why the PP became stagnant.Not enough guys rotating through the open lanes.Most teams can figure out a PK to defend 5 guys that are standing still.Seguin,to my eyes,seems to play with his head up,always looking for someone to pass to.I think that's why he's shown some chemistry on the PP with Marchand(who's always moving).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nice to see some people comparing Kelly to Axelsson.  I was thinking of the similarities between the two, but was reluctant to post it, thinking I would get flamed.  Both players with underrated value to the team. That said, I was expecting a little more out of Kelly.  For those complaining that Kelly and Peverley are holding Seguin back, I would suggest that Seguin is holding them back to a degree, as they always have to be in position to cover up for him when he turns the puck over.  Seguin will be a great NHL player some day, but he isn't there yet, and no combination of linemates will turn him into a superstar overnight.
    Posted by Mutant211

I didn't meant to insinuate the two were comparable.  In fact, I think Axelsson was at one time (maybe 10 years ago) in line for a Selke with his consistently high level of defensive play from that position.

He was a highly underrated player (in the defensive mold) who could pot you 12-15 goals per year.  People got uptight when he didn't score on a breakaway or get 20 goals, etc, but he wasn't a goal scorer.

There were many years, he and Rolston, for example, were leading the forefront as the #1 PK unit when Dafoe was here.  They basically were a top 3-5 PK unit when Axelsson was here. Not a coincidence.

He may have been one of the most intelligent players the organization ever had, certainly behind guys like Orr, Bourque and someone like an Adam Oates.

My point was, don't confuse each player's respective skill sets.

You can't get blood out of stone.  I want Kelly winning draws, playing sound positional hockey and helping shut down the other team's top lines.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What did people expect from this guy?  He's a 3rd line center. As long as he wins draws, checks and plays good positional center ice, it's fine. It was a depth move. What I cannot figure out is why people complain about Paille. I always liked him, even last year.  The guy makes plays out there, He plays a sound wing, can take a draw if you need it, has some speed and checks well. Chris Kelly is like getting uptight that PJ Axelsson wasn't a goal scorer here. It wasn't his game. Plus, Kelly has had multiple wingers and a new system to grow into.   He's been quiet, but not bad.Posted by BBReigns

This is why I don't bother with the "Paille can't score" threads. If Kelly has a great playoffs then it was a steal. If Chris keeps playing like he is now it's a moveable contract in the summer if Chiarelli so chooses. My expectations that Kelly was going to dramatically increase from 12 goals upwards just weren't there. I wanted Chiarelli to get more speed for the playoffs he went out and got it a depth move is what it was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Well, Kelly sniped his first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

In Response to Chris Kelly = Worst Bruin Ever?:
    This guy absolutely suxs. This is more evidence that Clod is useless. I'm sure Clod wanted him badly. At least we now know why Ottawa is the worst team in the NHL......I'd also like to point out that Wheeler has 13 points in 18 games for Atlanta....Peverly has 4 points for Boston?? How is that possible? He is a good player. What is Clod doing?
    Posted by nash99

Yes. The worst since Wheeler. Unbelievable. Everyone suck'd tonight, of course.

Sections
Shortcuts