Chris Kelly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Chris Kelly

When they made the trade for him Chiarelli referred to him as a "two-way" player. I griped big time because he was not very good offensively and, at the time they needed some O badly. But since the playoffs, I see his real value: He's doing awesome as third line center. His defensive game is top notch and he makes smart plays in all three zones. he may not score all that much but my griping days are over.

I doubt Chiarelli will ever pursue snipers and dynamic offensive players. He seems content to fill the roster with role players with smarts to complement his core of Thomas, Chara and Bergeron. If it works then why not? As for trading for more output? The team seems to score more when their defensive game is sound. I think even if they acquire a sniper he wouldn't be of much help until they shore up the other two zones. It's just their style of play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Chris Kelly

Chris's defensive skills are undeniable for sure. Kelly is relentless in the Dzone a pure thief, can't gripe becuase his offense has been consistent. Hope it stays that way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He would be an ideal 4th line center

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly:
    Chris's defensive skills are undeniable for sure. Kelly is relentless in the Dzone a pure thief, can't gripe becuase his offense has been consistent. Hope it stays that way.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

better late than never to come around. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He would be an ideal 4th line center
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

I agree!  You know who else would be an ideal fourth line center?  Patrice Bergeron!  Imagine having such depth that you could have Kelly on the fourth line?

You know who would be the best fourth line center?  Geno Malkin.  Boy, that would be great!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : better late than never to come around. Posted by shuperman

I'd trade Kelly, Torres and Shup for Hamill, Ryder and Wideman in a heart beat but I think the opposing GM would laugh at me...Ha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can't trade Shupe!  He's a locker room leader.  I know, his points aren't very good.  That's okay!  He has watched many teams win the Cup.  He's a winner!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Can't trade Shupe!  He's a locker room leader.  I know, his points aren't very good.  That's okay!  He has watched many teams win the Cup.  He's a winner!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You're rolling today. Well played.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

You'd be more amusing NAS if you weren't so over the top contrarian. I have a hard time recalling anything you actually like.

Kelly, by the way, would make an ideal fourth line center. Campbell is good but not as versatile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : You're rolling today. Well played.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I will second that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You'd be more amusing NAS if you weren't so over the top contrarian. I have a hard time recalling anything you actually like. Kelly, by the way, would make an ideal fourth line center. Campbell is good but not as versatile.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

Anything I like?

How about:

Lucic
    Krejci
    Horton
    Bergeron
    Seguin
    Marchand without the punk stuff
    Kelly
    Peverley
    Caron
    Campbell
    Paille
    Chara
    Seidenberg
    Ference
    Thomas

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Marchand w/out the punk stuff. Come on just just one time say you like his game w/out some type of asterisk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : Anything I like? How about: Lucic Krejci Horton Bergeron Seguin Marchand without the punk stuff Kelly Peverley Caron Campbell Paille Chara Seidenberg Ference Thomas
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Is that to say you don't like
    Rask
    Boychuk
    McQuaid
    Ference
    Corvo
    Kampfer
    Bartkowski
    and who else? 
    Oh yah,
    Thornton,
    how about him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : Is that to say you don't like Rask Boychuk McQuaid Ference Corvo Kampfer Bartkowski and who else?  Oh yah, Thornton, how about him?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Rask - get off your knees!

Boychuk - love the hits and the shot.  Dislike the defensive decision making

McQuaid - Played awful in the regular season, really well in the playoffs, back to awful this season

Ference - I listed Ference.  Big fan!

Corvo - Don't know yet

Kampfer - Don't know yet

Bartkowski - AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL
    and who else? 
    Oh yah,
    Thornton,
    how about him?  I was talkin about hockey players, not rodeo clown who can skate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : Rask - get off your knees! Boychuk - love the hits and the shot.  Dislike the defensive decision making McQuaid - Played awful in the regular season, really well in the playoffs, back to awful this season Ference - I listed Ference.  Big fan! Corvo - Don't know yet Kampfer - Don't know yet Bartkowski - AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL and who else?  Oh yah, Thornton, how about him?  I was talkin about hockey players, not rodeo clown who can skate.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    I think McQuaid has had some tough breaks so far this year.So ,yes ,he has been a little out of sorts ,missing some games hasn't helped but he can play on my team ,anyday. McQuaid is a competitor ,he gives it everything he has .   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : Anything I like? How about: Lucic Krejci Horton Bergeron Seguin Marchand without the punk stuff Kelly Peverley Caron Campbell Paille Chara Seidenberg Ference Thomas
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You've changed your mind on him ?

Edit : a couple of words were changed to not ruffle any feathers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Back to awful for McQuaid...maybe, but I've seen signs of more game from him than last year.  I get the sense they're trying to stretch him a bit, and maybe he's not yet comfortable or instinctive.  Like Boychuk, he's a feast or famine player.  In both cases, you learn to live with the famine if you think the feast is worth it.  As long as the team can survive their mental lapses or bad passes, I can live with these two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

McQuaid is a #6 defenceman. His play is fine for his skill level and that depth spot on the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : You've changed your mind on him ? Edit : a couple of words were changed to not ruffle any feathers.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I'm not talking about personalities here.  I'm talking about hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : I'm not talking about personalities here.  I'm talking about hockey.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So he's still an .......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Thanks NAS. Good to know you don't pick on everyone.  Hope you didn't take too much offense to my humor.

Sections
Shortcuts