Chris Kelly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Chris Kelly

9 Goals, + 15 Time to get him signed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Chris Kelly

In Response to Chris Kelly:
    [QUOTE]9 Goals, + 15 Time to get him signed.
    Posted by Cashman72[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.. I am sure PC has Kelly in his plans .. Good thing about PC and has held true since the Kessel debacle.. " We will sign players who we feel are Boston Bruins and want for long term " and we have seen that with recent signings....  Kelly is perfect third line centre for this team... smart hockey player.. Bruins have cap room .. bump him to similar deal like Peverly.. for sure he is looking at min.. 3mil per..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Amen cowboys9,get him signed now...He gets it done in all three zones..He it done in all three zones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He is clutch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly:
    [QUOTE]He is clutch.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

prefect bruin 50,he just wants to win. how worth it is the that 2nd rounder now for kelly? i guess its really a steal if the sign him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The B's gotta sign this guy; they can't have Krejci, Bergeron, or Seguin playing 3rd line. Bergy and Krej would be making too much money for that, and Seguin is way too talented for the 3rd line.
    Kelly is perfect for the 3rd line. Provides the occasional offense, and LOCKS IT DOWN defensively.
    3 years, 2.75 per.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

9 goals is pretty remarkable at this point.  Unlikely to maintain a 30 goal pace, he is currently tied with Perry, Skinner, Hossa, Duchene and Pominville.  Pretty good company for your 3rd-line pivot.

Would like to get this guy signed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I'm Caron and Sauve's agents I'd start looking elsewhere as it looks like the gangly one Benny the Pooh is staying for at least this season as well. Some might say Kelly has been the beneficiary of Peverley's great play but a good player puts himself in a the right position as Chris has.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]If I'm Caron and Sauve's agents I'd start looking elsewhere as it looks like the gangly one Benny the Pooh is staying for at least this season as well. Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I think the Bruins are gonna have a hard time signing Krejci... he will just demand too much to fit within remaining cap space. So Poiliot may still go in a package deal. Do you think Caron is that much better?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Kelly:[QUOTE] So Poiliot may still go in a package deal. Do you think Caron is that much better? Posted byBruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

My answer is no Jordan is not that much better right now. Sitting Caron in the stands are not going to make things better for the rookie. It's tough because it ain't broke so you don't need to fix it is probably Julien/Chiarelli's thinking which stunts growth for prospects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

A couple of things...according to espn it is questionable as to whether Kelly can be signed by the bruins with the amount of ufa's next summer as well as rfa's, second I would suggest a keen I for parise deal should be made with an extra first from us because I ears parise said the only team he would go to other than the devils is the bruins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

What kind of money is Kelly going to be looking for?  He is a 3rd line centre, and should be paid accordingly.  If he is looking for top 6 forward money, PC will not comply - because as good as he has been playing lately he does not fit into our top 6 forward mix.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]A couple of things...according to espn it is questionable as to whether Kelly can be signed by the bruins with the amount of ufa's next summer as well as rfa's, second I would suggest a keen I for parise deal should be made with an extra first from us because I ears parise said the only team he would go to other than the devils is the bruins
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

Can you post a link of this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]What kind of money is Kelly going to be looking for?  He is a 3rd line centre, and should be paid accordingly.  If he is looking for top 6 forward money, PC will not comply - because as good as he has been playing lately he does not fit into our top 6 forward mix.
    Posted by BruinsIn4[/QUOTE]
    I'm thinking 3 years and somewhere in the ballpark of $2.4-2.7M/YR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

THE BOMB!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : Can you post a link of this?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Ronzo i have never heard parise say the bruins would a team he would like to play for if it doesn't work out with NJ.

it doesn't make much sense with him becoming a ufa after this season is over. To single out a team when every team in league would want this guys services is not good business.

don't get me wrong i would like to see him in black n yellow but his pricetag is going to be huge 7 maybe 8 million dollar range dont u think?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Saw him play in the minor leagues. Kelly is my favorite Bruin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : Ronzo i have never heard parise say the bruins would a team he would like to play for if it doesn't work out with NJ.  it doesn't make much sense with him becoming a ufa after this season is over. To single out a team when every team in league would want this guys services is not good business.   don't get me wrong i would like to see him in black n yellow but his pricetag is going to be huge 7 maybe 8 million dollar range dont u think?
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Exactlt my point. I never heard anything remotely close to him wanting to come to Boston. I would think that would be big news in beantown.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : I'm thinking 3 years and somewhere in the ballpark of $2.4-2.7M/YR.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

That sounds good.  He is a PERFECT 3rd line center for this team and a valuable PK guy as well.  I hope they can keep him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : I'm thinking 3 years and somewhere in the ballpark of $2.4-2.7M/YR.

That would be nice, but not with Peverley getting $3.34 million per.

Kelly will want equal, at the least.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : That would be nice, but not with Peverley getting $3.34 million per. Kelly will want equal, at the least.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't fault his agent for trying to get the best deal for his client. But here are some stats that would suggest he would get less than Peverley. Peverley's contract extension is 3 years at $3.25 Million per season.

1.) Kelly has never scored more than 15 goals. Peverley had 2 seasons with more than 15 goals (22 and 18), while also having another 15 goal season.
    2.) Kelly's career high in points is 38. Peverley's is 55.
    3.) Kelly has never had a 40 point season. Peverley has had 3 (55, 44, 41).
    4.) Peverley has more combined points, since 2008, than Kelly has had since the halfway point of the 06-07 season.

Maybe $2.4/YR is a bit low. But something in the range of $2.7-3 Million/YR for 3 years would seem rather fair, and if they want to extend him longer than Peverley's contract, they could possinly get him at a lower cap hit (IE: 4 years, but at $2.5M/YR).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : I wouldn't fault his agent for trying to get the best deal for his client. But here are some stats that would suggest he would get less than Peverley. Peverley's contract extension is 3 years at $3.25 Million per season. 1.) Kelly has never scored more than 15 goals. Peverley had 2 seasons with more than 15 goals (22 and 18), while also having another 15 goal season. 2.) Kelly's career high in points is 38. Peverley's is 55. 3.) Kelly has never had a 40 point season. Peverley has had 3 (55, 44, 41). 4.) Peverley has more combined points, since 2008, than Kelly has had since the halfway point of the 06-07 season. Maybe $2.4/YR is a bit low. But something in the range of $2.7-3 Million/YR for 3 years would seem rather fair, and if they want to extend him longer than Peverley's contract, they could possinly get him at a lower cap hit (IE: 4 years, but at $2.5M/YR).
    Peverley is the better hockey player in my opinion ,that's not a knock against Kelly ,I love the way he is playing .Peverley really makes the line go with his speed and puck carrying ability.They were both great additions last year.PC and Cam have done a great job not only bringing in talented players but guys who are also very competitive.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Chris Kell

They're different but highly complimentary players.  Kelly will be a classic case of a guy who may get stupid offers from stupid GMs.  At this rate, he could be next year's Ville Leino.  You can see the hamster on the wheel in some GMs head "yeah, maybe he won't get 28 goals agian next year, but if he gets 23 and plays that solid, character Chris Kelly game of his, he's worth the $28M over 5 years!"

Kelly's a UFA.  I would guess PC has called his agent at some point (or will soon) and say "what is Chris looking at for next year?" and if the agent says "well, we'd like to ride this hot streak out and see what the market will bring" then PC says "fair enough" and plans for CK to walk. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let me add - Kelly's playing out of his head right now.  He and Peverley work together, and you can't buy chemistry.  But let's not forget the number of times Kelly came in on a two on one, holding the puck, and basically skated into the corner with it last year.  He's not a gifted offensive player.  He's a smart hockey player who is, right now, seeing the puck go in the net because of smart plays.  Love that he isn't afraid to shoot, follow the shot, and jam away at rebounds. 

Ultimately, though?  What the Bruins are getting from him is value above his contract.  I think his current deal is pretty fair for what his role is.  He's outperforming it right now, but that wil average out over time.  If he wants to pay off the mortgage with his next contract, my hat's off to him.  If he wants to play in Boston for $2.5 or less, where can I get a #23 jersey?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm perfectly ok with Kelly getting up to 3.5 for no more than 4 years.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Kelly : That would be nice, but not with Peverley getting $3.34 million per. Kelly will want equal, at the least.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts