Chris Kelly...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Chris Kelly...

How did he manage to score 20 goals last season ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Chris Kelly...

Great on the PK, defensively responsible and plays a good, clean game.  I would take him on my team any day. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Great on the PK, defensively responsible and plays a good, clean game.  I would take him on my team any day.

Yep and I wailed on the guy last year when he came out of the gates slow. Julien loves a guy like Chris so I don't see a benching or less minutes, Kelly is Juliens dream defensive center.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

How? just had a good year all around and 82 games to do it? i suspect Kelly being the very smart player he is would like to contribute more points and I'm sure he will. but instead is focused on a defensive stability now approach rather than later understanding it's importance in a short season. dont underestimate this guy based on his offensive production alone. Kells game was never big offense. is beyond great defensively and the type of player who will score the biggest goals in the biggest games that are yet to come. Kelly was born to play is Juliens system. it seems it's all about the team and a championship with this current Bruins team. and besides the Bruins have plenty of offense for this 48 game season. Kelly has a role to play so let him play it.  he's kickin but right now.........and i like it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He scores in bunches and then goes ice cold.  Last year he had one four game stretch where he scored four goals, then a three game stretch where he scored three, then late in the season he had three in four games.  That's half his total over short, contained bursts.  You spread the other goals out over 71 games and he scores a goal every 7 games for most of the year.  That's about the pace I expect and you hope he hits one of those highly productive stretches at some point.  Like round one vs. the Shabs in 2011.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

He scores in bunches and then goes ice cold.  Last year he had one four game stretch where he scored four goals, then a three game stretch where he scored three, then late in the season he had three in four games.  That's half his total over short, contained bursts.  You spread the other goals out over 71 games and he scores a goal every 7 games for most of the year.  That's about the pace I expect and you hope he hits one of those highly productive stretches at some point.  Like round one vs. the Shabs in 2011.

Bingo...just waiting for one of those spurts, should be coming soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

DZone coverage and the PK is his bread and butter.  Getting 20 goals last year was an outlier for him.  I usually have him down for 10 to 15.  In a shortened season, I think between 6 and 10 might be more realistic.  The good news for Kelly and Bs fans is that he will never slide up to the first 2 lines in the event that Bergie or DK goes down.  He would be 3rd in line after Peverley and Seguin.  If the Bs go to a different model and want more 3rd line scoring, Kelly would not be a fit, but then I don't think the Bs would be the top 5on5 and 4on5 team in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Bingo...just waiting for one of those spurts, should be coming soon.

Now you've jinxed him...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

bingo

Sections
Shortcuts