Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon?

Phillips might be helpful depending on the cost.  I would hate to see the Bruins give up too much for him though.

Arnott doesn't really seem like a great fit to me.  He's a center, he's expensive, and he seems like a dynamic we already have.  He's good in front of the net and scores a lot in tight, just like Lucic, Recchi and others.  My perference for a forward would be a speedy guy with some puck handling who can help with the breakout and carry the puck into the zone.  The Bruins seem to have difficulty getting the puck through the nuetral zone quickly and edfficiently and getting set up offesively.  Arnott relies on others to move the puck up the ice and then sets up in front -- a duplicated skill set on thsi team, IMO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

When was Savard placed on LTIR?  I missed that one. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon?:
    [QUOTE]When was Savard placed on LTIR?  I missed that one. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    Good question.I also never heard about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Savvy on LTIR ???  Link please.

For the record both of these players are being sought by the Habs also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Source?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Actually Arnott wouldn't be a bad pick-up if Savard goes on the LTIR. Keith Jones has been pretty fervent on Versus about Savard retiring-- it makes a lot of sense and I bet it happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What is the source other than a troll report???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]What is the source other than a troll report???
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Seems to me the LTIR reference may have been a mistake.  I believe a team has to wait until a player is out 10 games before moving them to LTIR.  With that said, unfortunately it seems very likely we are heading in that direction.  Not sure exactly when the 10 game plateau will be met but I am fairly certain it is before the trade deadline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I wouldn't mind Arnott, he's a big boy too...does he have an expiring contract this year?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Arnott 12 Goals may hit 20, 4.5M and ye all scream about Ryder, forget it.

Phillips 3.5M, very sound D man, plays against top forwards every night, will be a definite help.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The story has been out there for a while with more speculation than management's actually talking about it but I would be willing to part with both the B's first rounders this year, Wheeler and maybe another down the line to get him. Who knows, if Parise sniffs that the Devils are rebuilding, he may want to jump ship after this season and the Devs could take it.

Getting rid of Ryder, Wheeler, and a Ference should allow you to resign him next year (esp if Savard is done) but the Bs could be real close to the cap next year as a result and could see some dumping if it happened.  

Bruins could chase Parise

8:43AM ET
    Zach Parise | Devils

Here's a crazy idea: The Boston Bruins could look to trade for Zach Parise. Now, this is pure speculation, but the Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch thinks that, if Marc Savard is out for the season with a concussion, the Bruins would have the cap space to trade for Parise -- if the Devils decide to shop him. It's not out of the question for the Devils to deal Parise, especially if Parise makes it clear he doesn't want to come back as he prepares to hit restricted free agency. However, the bigger question is whether the Bruins would be willing to give up a huge load of assets for the star winger.

To be frank, we don't see this happening. But if there is a trade, the Boston Globe's Kevin Paul Dupont previously speculated on the asking price: three-first-round picks, a roster player and a prospect. Now, the Bruins could send their two 2011 first-rounders to Jersey, and perhaps even their 2012 first-rounders. As far as roster players and prospects, the Bruins have several players they may be willing to part with. (Blake Wheeler, perhaps?)

But the hardest part for the Bruins will be re-signing Parise when he becomes a restricted free agent. He'll likely demand a huge deal, and unless the Bruins dump several big contract, this isn't going to happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Zach Parise to Boston...I've read it 20 times and still laugh..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Why it's still out there is the mystifying part. Lamerillo is bad a dispelling rumors but don't know why the story continues to have people that will post it. Could be that Chia is out there talking or just media being media, who knows.

Guess it could happen.........cha....right....and monkeys could fly out of my butt....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Phillips is a waste of time, he would add nothing. Too soft against a tough team. He has never been the same since the Ducks ran him into the end  boards a few years ago to take the cup. I remember the front page of the Ottawa Sun stating how sad they let Big Z go and kept him. I would rather keep Stuart than have Phillips

Go B's

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would take Miro before Arnott

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

[QUOTE]Source?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

[QUOTE]Source?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Remember when Ottawa had one of the best defenses in the league a few years back? They had to make a bunch of decisions about who to keep so Redden and Chara left while Phillips remained. Thank you Peter Chiarelli for making the right call on that one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

[QUOTE]What is the source other than a troll report???
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

LTIR is a fore gone conclusion regarding Savard's concussion. In fact, its rumored he may even have to retire.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon? : Seems to me the LTIR reference may have been a mistake.  I believe a team has to wait until a player is out 10 games before moving them to LTIR.  With that said, unfortunately it seems very likely we are heading in that direction.  Not sure exactly when the 10 game plateau will be met but I am fairly certain it is before the trade deadline.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Because Phillips is a hard nosed and battle tested Canadian kid who who knows how to elevate his game in the play-offs. 

[QUOTE]Can someone explain the fascinataion with Phillips? He's a minus 23 with no goals, 3 assists and 0 points in his last 29 games. Why would the Bs give up anything for this? 
    Posted by OldRaspy[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Savard will be going on LTIR soon.

[QUOTE]When was Savard placed on LTIR?  I missed that one. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon?:
    [QUOTE]With Savard going on long term injured reserve, the Bruins are using the cap space and are shopping for a playoff defenseman and skilled forward. A couple of deals that PC is looking to make is getting D-man Phillips and/or forward Arnott. Kaberle doesn't seem to be in play anymore. Wheeling and dealing has begun. These trades would definitely make the Bruins stronger and deeper come playoffs.
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]
    +

how do you know? have you spoken to p.c.