Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon?

According to TSN.ca Savard will be placed on LTIR on February 18th.

In Response to Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon?:
    When was Savard placed on LTIR?  I missed that one. 
    Posted by scooter244

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

LTIR is a fore gone conclusion regarding Savard's concussion. In fact, its rumored he may even have to retire. In Response to Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon? :
    Posted by Camperpete

Well thank you Dr. Camp when in your busy schedule did you find the time to travel to Ontario and examine Savard.  The last thing I heard was PC saying Savard would be coming to Boston during the week after the allstar game to be evaluated and they would know more then.   Right now he could retire or be back in a month or anything in between.  Unless you have some inside info your just making a panicked assumption.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'd rather have an answer to Stanley's question--why not Satan? What have they or he got to lose bringing him back? He was one of the few playoff bright spots v. Philly....experience...pure goal scorer,,,,why is his name not mentioned?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I'd rather have an answer to Stanley's question--why not Satan? What have they or he got to lose bringing him back? He was one of the few playoff bright spots v. Philly....experience...pure goal scorer,,,,why is his name not mentioned?
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Satan is currently playing in the KHL.  He would have to pass through waivers if we were to sign him.  I doubt that he would make it through waivers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Arnott - No Way
    Phillips - I'd trade away Kampfer and Bartkowski before I get him

I'm with a lot of you guys on this, I'd rather a speedy winger that has good puck handling skills and can move the puck out of the zone.  Alot like "Miro the Hero".  My personal choice is Devin Setoguchi.  I've always liked this kid.  He had a tough go of it when the season started but it's looking like he's coming around.  As for defense, I would absolutely love to see Robyn Regehr paired with Chara.  The mother of all shut down tandems.  Nobody gets to the net.  Not even cindy or Ovie.

To CGY: Michael Ryder, Johnny Boychuk, 1st in 2011 (BOS)
    To BOS: Robyn Regehr

To SJS: Blake Wheeler, 2nd in 2011 (BOS), 5th in 2012 (BOS)
    To BOS: Devin Setoguchi

Then, if Savard does indeed go on LTIR as has been specualted by some, but not confirmed, give Hamill a shot.  The kid knows the system and he's playing pretty well right now.  Perhaps even waive Paille if deemed necessary.  Lineup would look like:

Lucic - Bergeron - Horton (They actually had good chemistry when Krejci was out after the Oshie hit)
    Setoguchi (1.8, and that's unprorated) - Krejci - Seguin
    Caron - Hamill (0.787, I think..Dr CC could help me out there) - Marchand
    Arniel - Campbell - Thornton
    Recchi

Chara- Regehr (4.02, again unprorated)
    Kampfer - Seidenberg
    Stuart - McQuaid
    Cohen/Bartkowski

TT
    TR

That totals to $50.293M.  That leaves them about $10M under the cap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not sure why everyone is jumping on Camperpete,

Does anyone honestly think Savy is coming back?  I sure don't.

As for Phillips.  A big yes and I have been preaching his name along with Regehr for a while.  Phillips is having a bad year on a bad team.  Put him in the playoffs in a contract year and on a strong def/team and he will be a huge addition. 

Arnott- not so much.  He is a playoff guy though and has been a lot more clutch than Ryder. 

Phillips or Regehr
    Dumont or Penner. 

Add one from each list and I really like our chances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Parise to b's would be unreal, he is exactly what we need, skilled/goal scoring winger who has tons of battle in him and goes to the nasty areas that make you successful in tough/playoff hockey (see the 2010 olympics, guy battles). 

If this guy is available, trade whatever to get him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bigbad,

I agree.  He is exactly what we need.  Problem is it would take one heck of an offer and a mega meal extension.  We have money coming off, but he would be pricey.  But I agree.  Totally worth it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Arnott - No Way Phillips - I'd trade away Kampfer and Bartkowski before I get him I'm with a lot of you guys on this, I'd rather a speedy winger that has good puck handling skills and can move the puck out of the zone.  Alot like "Miro the Hero".  My personal choice is Devin Setoguchi.  I've always liked this kid.  He had a tough go of it when the season started but it's looking like he's coming around.  As for defense, I would absolutely love to see Robyn Regehr paired with Chara.  The mother of all shut down tandems.  Nobody gets to the net.  Not even cindy or Ovie. To CGY: Michael Ryder, Johnny Boychuk, 1st in 2011 (BOS) To BOS: Robyn Regehr To SJS: Blake Wheeler, 2nd in 2011 (BOS), 5th in 2012 (BOS) To BOS: Devin Setoguchi Then, if Savard does indeed go on LTIR as has been specualted by some, but not confirmed, give Hamill a shot.  The kid knows the system and he's playing pretty well right now.  Perhaps even waive Paille if deemed necessary.  Lineup would look like: Lucic - Bergeron - Horton (They actually had good chemistry when Krejci was out after the Oshie hit) Setoguchi (1.8, and that's unprorated) - Krejci - Seguin Caron - Hamill (0.787, I think..Dr CC could help me out there) - Marchand Arniel - Campbell - Thornton Recchi Chara- Regehr (4.02, again unprorated) Kampfer - Seidenberg Stuart - McQuaid Cohen/Bartkowski TT TR That totals to $50.293M.  That leaves them about $10M under the cap.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Giving up 25  goals for 10 plus 3 drafts and totally left Ference in the wind.  Hopefully PC does not see this your way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Chia doesnt have the stones to pull off a deal like parise.  They should offer stuart, wheeler, 2 1sts, and a second, then extend him to 5.5-6 mill per.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Remember when Ottawa had one of the best defenses in the league a few years back? They had to make a bunch of decisions about who to keep so Redden and Chara left while Phillips remained. Thank you Peter Chiarelli for making the right call on that one.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

Actually Chara left and Redden and Phillips remained, it was a money decision, Z was going to cost too much, so they thought.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon? : no no you misunderstood, he asked for a source Posted by pbergeron37

^word!^

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Phillips and Jason Arnott Bruins soon? : Actually Chara left and Redden and Phillips remained, it was a money decision, Z was going to cost too much, so they thought.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Right on the mark with the Chara statement, me thinks Phillips is not the type of defenseman the Bs need.  He is solid but with the possible absence of Savard the power play needs help.  A centerman would be not the answer in a trade, especially Arnott.  

BTW, If the Bs are asked of Toronto's first pick then the conversation should end quickly by PC.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Heres what I dont understand:
    1. Why would any team trade 3 1st rd picks, plus a prospect and a roster player for a rental player??? The only way I would make this deal, is if I could sign him to a contract extension. Even with that I still wouldnt do it (maybe)

2. Why go after Phillips??? I thought we wanted an Offensive D-man????

3. J. Arnott??? Seriously??? I think we can do alot better then this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

rumor ottawa is alfie an fisher want out of ottawa

Sections
Shortcuts