Chris Phillips

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UWhuskiesAJM. Show UWhuskiesAJM's posts

Chris Phillips

I vomited a little when I saw what it is we are expected to give up for a 35 yr old defensemen in the last year of his contract.  I hope to god this deal doesn't go through.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=10533843

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Chris Phillips

Thats espn's thinking not PC's. The word is a 3rd round and a prospect beleived to be a D man thats not on the Bs roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I hope they are aiming higher than Phillips but if that's what they have to settle for then the price better not be more than a shlub and a 3rd. Maybe the 3rd becomes a 2nd if they make the finals. Anything more than that is silly, even in the context of trade deadline desperation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Does Phillips want to be a Bruin? If the answer isn't absolutely "YES" then I wouldn't do it unless the asking price was a steal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Like Girardi, me thinks Phillips gets resigned by Ottawa in the next few days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UWhuskiesAJM. Show UWhuskiesAJM's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like Girardi, me thinks Phillips gets resigned by Ottawa in the next few days.

[/QUOTE]

One guy I'm not trading is Ryan Spooner.  The kid is going to be good.  Especially not for a 35 year old defenseman on the last year of his deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

so CJ would be comfortable going into the playoffs with a d-corps that only has two veterans, Z-MAN & Boychuk....  somehow i doubt that....

i wouldn't lose any sleep if Phillips cost a 2nd pick.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

so CJ would be comfortable going into the playoffs with a d-corps that only has two veterans, Z-MAN & Boychuk....  somehow i doubt that....

i wouldn't lose any sleep if Phillips cost a 2nd pick.... 

[/QUOTE]

Comfortable? No, I don't think so. But he's not going to be comfortable being held hostage either. a 2nd rounder is an overpayment but maybe that's the price you live with. 

Again, I hope Phillips isn't plan A.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Quietly spending sixteen years with the same team - hard to picture Phillips with anyone other than the Sens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

heard talk of Andrej Meszaros...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I as well & apparently Chara went to bat for him with PC as he liked playing with him in Sochi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

I as well & apparently Chara went to bat for him with PC as he liked playing with him in Sochi.

[/QUOTE]

Kind of sounds like something could happen there. If true, I wonder who goes to the Flyers?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kind of sounds like something could happen there. If true, I wonder who goes to the Flyers?

[/QUOTE]

Khoco? and a 4th rounder & like every other B's trade..we gotta throw Caron in there!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hope they don't overpay for Phillips. FA at the end of the year, no room for him beyond this year, if PC has to stand pat becuase of the asking price on some of these players then I'm fine with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to UWhuskiesAJM's comment:

One guy I'm not trading is Ryan Spooner.  The kid is going to be good.  Especially not for a 35 year old defenseman on the last year of his deal.

[/QUOTE]

"Most" people would agree with this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Phillips is fine for the playoff run.  A number #2 is fine.  Like what was said above, Phillips is not about to change late in his career.  

I will continue to dream of a legit #2 defenseman.  Spooner, Subban, and a first for ....... ????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Legit #2D aren't avaiable. it's this years version of the legitimate goal scorer.  Teams only give up guys like this once in a blue moon when there is no hope of keeping them around or when they are approaching the end and have more value to a playoff run than a rebuild.  

Giordano anchors the Calgary D. He will through that rebuild. Yandle is going to be key to Phoenix for 10 years. The onl way they get a #2 is if he isn't legit now but proves legit on arrival the ay it happened with Seidenberg.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

in that vein, Meszaros is a much better option than Captain Phillips.  Phillips is slower than ever, and unlikely to play more effectively in Boston, whereas AM is a guy who was actually pretty effective under Jacques Martin, and hasn't been in a structured system since. Might be a Seidenberg like steal for a 3rd and Tommy Cross (and Caron).  

As much as Salty doesn't like the Ottawa retreads, thet are all guys who played good hockey under a similar system, and that gives them a leg up as rentals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't care who they deal from Providence to bring in help.  This is one heck of an awesome team with one clear, gaping hole on the second defense pair.

Plug that hole.  I don't care about next year.  Not paying enough in the past has given us such gems as Zanon and Mottau.

Don't cheap out.  Make the deal, get a rock solid second pairing guy and let's see another parade.

And yeah, if they have to deal Mr. No NHL Goals for a rental, I'm fine with that. 

What would you rather have:

a)  The pleasure of waiting for a non-blue chip prospect to score his first NHL goal

b)  The pleasure of watching Bergeron skate around with another Cup

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wonder what it would cost to get Tyler Myers out of Buffalo. He had a good rookie year, but has been inconsistent since I know, but I wonder what he looks like in the Bruins system playing along side Chara. Cap hit of 5.5 for the next five years. Not bad considering the cap is going up and I would assume it would again in the future.

I know what your going to say, but I think him on the Bruins is a different player than him on Buffalo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care who they deal from Providence to bring in help.  This is one heck of an awesome team with one clear, gaping hole on the second defense pair.

Plug that hole.  I don't care about next year.  Not paying enough in the past has given us such gems as Zanon and Mottau.

Don't cheap out.  Make the deal, get a rock solid second pairing guy and let's see another parade.

And yeah, if they have to deal Mr. No NHL Goals for a rental, I'm fine with that. 

What would you rather have:

a)  The pleasure of waiting for a non-blue chip prospect to score his first NHL goal

b)  The pleasure of watching Bergeron skate around with another Cup

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Go back to bed, Kel, you are still dreaming. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Phillips doesn't feel like that much of an upgrade over Bartkowski, more like a toss up.  Hope PC doesn't give anything of real value for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quietly spending sixteen years with the same team - hard to picture Phillips with anyone other than the Sens.

[/QUOTE]

The same could be said for Ray Bourque,Lecavalier,Krusty,Iginla, and others.It happens but i don't know if Phillips is the answer.Meszaros ? Personally i'd prefer him to the B's instead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3673778. Show user_3673778's posts

i say go after myers for subban and something else. 

buffalo needs a goalie.

Sections
Shortcuts