Chris Phillips

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Chris Phillips

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phillips doesn't feel like that much of an upgrade over Bartkowski, more like a toss up.  Hope PC doesn't give anything of real value for him.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly,bigger but slower.I'd like to see a better d-man coming but i don't think PC will pay the price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Book, did you miss your "Cocoa Puffs" this morning?  The Bs are more than likely going to get a number #3 or #4 defenseman.  Some have mentioned Tallinder who is like Meszaros, both an upgrade over Bartkowski at this stage of his career.  I agree.   I still believe if PC was aggressive, he could land a potential #2.  It does not need to be Yandle or Giordano.  The fact of the matter the right deal could be had if the Bs stepped up and dished out the likes of Soderberg, Spooner, even "heaven forbid" Marchand ( I don't ), along with Subban.  Throw Kelly, Eriksson, or Svedberg to the mix.  

Yes the team will do fine, minus the thought of Washington in 2012 playoffs.  ECF is the highest the team as constituted will go imo.  

Waiting another year to hear the rationale that the bidding war was too much for UFAs or the quality of UFAs were not available will be just a maddening as trade deadline offers. So act now as the need is great on defense.  

Have no fear.  Nothing will be done once again.  One can only hope PC can pull off a 2011 trade  deadline year in 2014.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have no fear.  Nothing will be done once again.  One can only hope PC can pull off a 2011 trade  deadline year in 2014.   

[/QUOTE]

This,alas,is what i fear will happen again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

A # 2 means more players/prospects leave and we have a slightly better chance at a cup, vs. a # 3/4 comes at a lower price and our chances are slightly better than doing nothing and slightly less than if we get a# 2. 

No matter, right now we have as good a chance as any other contender and a proven track record of rising to the occasion. I will enjoy no matter what is or isn't done. In chia I trust, pretty good track record for him, no?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

I don't care who they deal from Providence to bring in help.  This is one heck of an awesome team with one clear, gaping hole on the second defense pair.

Plug that hole.  I don't care about next year.  Not paying enough in the past has given us such gems as Zanon and Mottau.

Don't cheap out.  Make the deal, get a rock solid second pairing guy and let's see another parade.

And yeah, if they have to deal Mr. No NHL Goals for a rental, I'm fine with that. 

What would you rather have:

a)  The pleasure of waiting for a non-blue chip prospect to score his first NHL goal

b)  The pleasure of watching Bergeron skate around with another Cup [/QUOTE]

PC has strength to trade from right now. He hasn't really had this many Defensman prospects in the Bank like this before. By now Bs management should be able to trust the way they can groom COLLEGE DEFENSEMAN!

^That's a sware!^

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I will continue to dream of a legit #2 defenseman.  Spooner, Subban, and a first for ....... ????

[/QUOTE]

Wake up .........you're dreaming.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care who they deal from Providence to bring in help.  This is one heck of an awesome team with one clear, gaping hole on the second defense pair.

Plug that hole.  I don't care about next year.  Not paying enough in the past has given us such gems as Zanon and Mottau.

Don't cheap out.  Make the deal, get a rock solid second pairing guy and let's see another parade.

And yeah, if they have to deal Mr. No NHL Goals for a rental, I'm fine with that. 

a)  The pleasure of waiting for a non-blue chip prospect to score his first NHL goal

b)  The pleasure of watching Bergeron skate around with another Cup

[/QUOTE]

c) both of the above

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

b)  The pleasure of watching Bergeron skate around with another Cup

[/QUOTE]

if scenario b was nothing more than a "rock solid" d-man away, having to trade Spooner to acquire that would be a no-brainer....  

now the hard part, try finding a "rock solid" d-man this time of year....  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phillips doesn't feel like that much of an upgrade over Bartkowski, more like a toss up.  Hope PC doesn't give anything of real value for him.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I like Phillips but he's slow.  They need a good , quick shut down D, someone like a Jay Bouwmeester

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

You are dreaming if you believe the defensive corps are SCF warranted.  Yawn. 

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will continue to dream of a legit #2 defenseman.  Spooner, Subban, and a first for ....... ????

[/QUOTE]

Wake up .........you're dreaming.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

----------

You're dreaming if you believe PC will trade any combination package of players you have suggested all in one trade for a #2 defenceman this deadline.

he fact of the matter the right deal could be had if the Bs stepped up and dished out the likes of Soderberg, Spooner, even "heaven forbid" Marchand ( I don't ), along with Subban.  Throw Kelly, Eriksson, or Svedberg to the mix. 

Slap ! Wake up. You're having Stanley-type dreams. It's giving me nightmares.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

But, contrary to rumor, a hockey source indicated to CSNNE.com that “there have been no conversations” between the two teams about Phillips. Bruins center prospect and Ottawa native Ryan Spooner was mentioned as a trade chip for Phillips in those rumors, but that same source indicated to CSNNE.com that there are no circumstances where Spooner gets traded for a rental.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/source-no-talks-yet-between-bs-and-senators-phillips

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

But, contrary to rumor, a hockey source indicated to CSNNE.com that “there have been no conversations” between the two teams about Phillips. Bruins center prospect and Ottawa native Ryan Spooner was mentioned as a trade chip for Phillips in those rumors, but that same source indicated to CSNNE.com that there are no circumstances where Spooner gets traded for a rental.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/source-no-talks-yet-between-bs-and-senators-phillips

[/QUOTE]

the only name on that list that i don't see as a fit is Ehrhoff and the 7 yrs left on his contract....  at the end of the day i think Phillips remains with the Sens.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@DarrenDreger

"Waiting game continues between Senators and veteran d-man Chris Phillips. Sounds like he wants 2 yr ext and Ottawa prefers 1 yr deal."

Book will happy when Phillips resigns.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

would be a bad move Spooner for Phillips. 

Maybe Spooner isn't full ready yet for the consistent NHL role but he will oneday and I would hate to see him flourishing somewhere when a guy like Phillips is done or was a rental. 

I'm okay with trading Spooner just because the Bruins at the center position are full but it has to be for a player that'll be a Bruin for 3-4 years.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I would be ok if they dealt spooner for a rental, but it would have to be the right guy - and I don't see that guy right now  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, I will go with the team as is belief system.  The fact remains you have a team with two veteran defensemen on the Bs team.  So what do you do, get a rental.  Do you really think a rental will bode well in the playoffs like Phillips only.  Slap in your face.  Next year the Cap increases and makes every UFA too expensive this summer.  So a presumed trade now seems more logical than to wait for the Cap to increase with salary inflation. Yes you will overpay with picks and roster players!  The window of time for the Bs is not waxing but waning.  Stop the Stanley comparison, I don't make stupid predictions.  

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

----------

You're dreaming if you believe PC will trade any combination package of players you have suggested all in one trade for a #2 defenceman this deadline.

he fact of the matter the right deal could be had if the Bs stepped up and dished out the likes of Soderberg, Spooner, even "heaven forbid" Marchand ( I don't ), along with Subban.  Throw Kelly, Eriksson, or Svedberg to the mix. 

Slap ! Wake up. You're having Stanley-type dreams. It's giving me nightmares.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Have been watching Bum Phillips in the Heritage classic,slower than molasses in January,i hope PC says NO to acquiring Bum!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Now the train for Boston has a ticket.  

Phillips Ottawa contract update

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Now the train for Boston has a ticket.  

Phillips Ottawa contract update

[/QUOTE]

No!!!! Hopefully Bum sleeps in and misses the train!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Phillips is a marginal upgrade (at best) at this point in his career.  I'd rather roll the dice and see the continued development of Miller (guy can hit) and Bartkowski (guy can skate).   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Miller can do what Bum does and at a faster pace,Miller is tougher than Bum and comes cheaper,plus B's won't waste a draft pick on the thought.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Keep your eye on PC in the booth tonight. If you see him laughing hysterically -- than we definately know Sens demanded Spooner for Phillips.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i feel like a lot of people here don't value phillips for what he is. He's certainly top 4, and would (in my opinion) fit the bruins system very well. kind of ideal in my book. perfect partner for dougie on the 2nd unit. Keep in mind he pretty much has played a full NHL season for every game in the league Miller has played. That means a lot. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i feel like a lot of people here don't value phillips for what he is. He's certainly top 4, and would (in my opinion) fit the bruins system very well. kind of ideal in my book. perfect partner for dougie on the 2nd unit. Keep in mind he pretty much has played a full NHL season for every game in the league Miller has played. That means a lot. 

[/QUOTE]

Phillips has played 1,124 NHL regular season games, or about 13 seasons.  Miller has played 26 or 27 NHL games.  That's a dumb statement.

Regardless, I'm not on the Kevin Spelled Incorrectly bandwagon at all when it comes to the playoffs.  A deal must be made.  If it's Phillips, I'm fine with that.  If the cost is an AHLer or a couple of draft picks, I'm fine with that.

Standing pat or going Rolston/Mottau/Zanon isn't acceptable.