CJ - " the hollywood shuffle"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

CJ - " the hollywood shuffle"

Finally CJ  put down the sledge hammer and did some line shuffles last practice. It is about flipping time, give the Caps a new look would be better for today's matinee. CJ simply put he is sending the message it is not an individual he centered out but the team overall effort. Personally I like the new line ups he tried during practice this can work to get their head out their a$$. I am not blaming Ward or another coach it is the team lack of line chemistry, ie offsides, passing is off, nobody is getting in Holtby's face/screening we need  a consistent player around the blue paint. With CJ spreading the de men wider made open lanes for shots now the Bruins need to screen the goalie. The Bruins are outplaying the Caps  the Bruins are just out of sync. Tyler Seguin is getting the shots but Holtby has his number and if Seguin scores today which I predict Tyler will score the first goal then his confidence level will raise.

The practice squad line ups was
    :
    Lucic Krejci Caron/Rolly ( not sure about this situation what the 1st line will be)
    Poulit Kelly Seguin
    Paille Bergy Peverly
    Marchand Camp Thorn

Each line has net presence player:  1st Caron.Lucic 2nd Poulit 3rd Paille
     4th Thornton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: CJ - " the hollywood shuffle"

Two thoughts:

1. Glad CJ is doing it now as opposed to heading into game 6 or 7
    2. I didn't see these lines coming at all! I like that he's saying it's not any one person (true). But those lines are pretty dramatic.

This is going to be very interesting. Wonder how long he sticks with it. I'd also MUCH rather see Marchand-Camp-Caron. That could be an excellent energy line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

asmaha I would like your 4th line idea it would be an energy line with Caron as net presence player. Thornton is experience but can handle the day off w/o causing an dysfunction to the team.

We must remember the line changes will help for the back to back games and then tommorrow we can counter attack with a differ looking line up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CJ - " the hollywood shuffle":
    [QUOTE]Two thoughts: 1. Glad CJ is doing it now as opposed to heading into game 6 or 7 2. I didn't see these lines coming at all! I like that he's saying it's not any one person (true). But those lines are pretty dramatic. This is going to be very interesting. Wonder how long he sticks with it. I'd also MUCH rather see Marchand-Camp-Caron. That could be an excellent energy line.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Me too Asmaha but then we wouldn't have Thornton there to glare at Erskine after the whistles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I heard Marchand skated on the 4th line yesterday in practice. I'm not sure how long that lasts come game time. I think CJ was sending a message to a couple of players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]Two thoughts: 1. Glad CJ is doing it now as opposed to heading into game 6 or 7 2. I didn't see these lines coming at all! I like that he's saying it's not any one person (true). But those lines are pretty dramatic. This is going to be very interesting. Wonder how long he sticks with it. I'd also MUCH rather see Marchand-Camp-Caron. That could be an excellent energy line.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    I think changing all the line's is stupid Marchand to forth line,with Thornton.Thornton shouldn't be playing,and Paille to the second line,yeah that's really going to get them more offence.i think the only change they needed to make was Caron in Thornton out,put Caron with Lucic and get him in front of the net,.because no net prescence is what's killing them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously this board is not impressed with Claude's corrective action. Not replacing Thornton with Caron is the dumbest. What is Bergie going to do with Paille and Peverly? stone hands galore?  Speed will always help, but shooters are scarce in this lineup.Rolston is playing as well as he can, but he won't be able to keep up with kreji. Why not cruise the third man high between the circles, looking for rebounds? What the H E two sticks, we've always known that Claude is not necessarily the "thinking man's coach"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

How about;  Savard-Horton-Ryder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In Response to CJ - " the hollywood shuffle":
    [QUOTE]Finally CJ  put down the sledge hammer and did some line shuffles last practice. It is about flipping time, give the Caps a new look would be better for today's matinee. CJ simply put he is sending the message it is not an individual he centered out but the team overall effort. Personally I like the new line ups he tried during practice this can work to get their head out their a$$. I am not blaming Ward or another coach it is the team lack of line chemistry, ie offsides, passing is off, nobody is getting in Holtby's face/screening we need  a consistent player around the blue paint. With CJ spreading the de men wider made open lanes for shots now the Bruins need to screen the goalie. The Bruins are outplaying the Caps  the Bruins are just out of sync. Tyler Seguin is getting the shots but Holtby has his number and if Seguin scores today which I predict Tyler will score the first goal then his confidence level will raise. The practice squad line ups was : Lucic Krejci Caron/Rolly ( not sure about this situation what the 1st line will be) Poulit Kelly Seguin Paille Bergy Peverly Marchand Camp Thorn Each line has net presence player:  1st Caron.Lucic 2nd Poulit 3rd Paille  4th Thornton
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

Bob you have it right on with "nobody's getting in Holby's face". Change the lines all you want, he can't stop what he can't see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Disagree with the net front presence. They're in there....it's just that they get to the net and sit, waiting for something to happen. It's the puck that isn't getting to a shooting position.

Book had a good comment on this in another thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Sort of strikes at desperation IMHO. But if it works Claude is a genius.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Sort of strikes at desperation IMHO. But if it works Claude is a genius.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]
    Better to try it now than wait till game six,nothing ventured, nothing gained.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Hanrahan - would you be surprised if it went back to "normal" after one game or even in game? I can't imagine this is it for the rest of the series...and better to make that statement now as opposed to Gms 6 or 7.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I'm not criticising Claude. If I met him in person you bet I'd be prostrating before you could say Mike Krushelnyski. Just thinking out loud. 

Sections
Shortcuts