CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1377434&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Fhockey%2Fbruins+%28Boston+Bruins+-+Bruins+%26+NHL+-+BostonHerald.com%29

Apparently Cj thinks the biggest problem facing that line right now is the lacklustre efforts being put forth by DK and Horton. Hard to argue the point since Lucic has stepped up in the offensive and hitting departments. Increased effort from the other 2 will go a long ways towards righting the ship.
    On another note, it was reported that Pouliot was back at practice. My guess is the reporter was the only one who noticed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci

From what i've seen I'd have to agree with him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

They have been bad offensively, but they haven't been terrible defensively, and that is really this teams bread and butter. 

I think they need to play their way into shape a bit more, and things will start clicking for the Bruins.

We really aren't as bad our record right now.

With that being said, Clearly Horton and Krejci need to be impact players if this team is going to go anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

They've just been bad. Stupid penalties, and playing worse offensively than Pouliot. Not good.

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci:
    [QUOTE]They have been bad offensively, but they haven't been terrible defensively, and that is really this teams bread and butter.  I think they need to play their way into shape a bit more, and things will start clicking for the Bruins. We really aren't as bad our record right now. With that being said, Clearly Horton and Krejci need to be impact players if this team is going to go anywhere.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If I had any pride whatsoever and my coach made it public, I'd start busting my bum off right about now... let's see what happens!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I watch Krejci play and think, is he still having core injury problems.  Is it the hip or groin like a few years back? The fact is he is floating.  He does not need to go to the net, but he does need playmaking moves to pass in front of the net.  Horton, I think he a good player, tough and scores timely goals.  He is a bit of a "loose cannon" early this year.  Reign him in!  CJ is doing the right thing, if you bench the players you are taking skilled players off of the ice. You cannot prove you are worthy of respect by sitting on the bench.  So a public "spanking" is fine.  If not then maybe the team needs a new direction.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I would have to agree with CJ. At the same time theres more then just those 2 not playing the way they should be. I think Chara needs to step up abit more. If the Captain starts to be more agressive, hitting people, play more mean i guess its what i am looking for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]I watch Krejci play and think, is he still having core injury problems.  Is it the hip or groin like a few years back? The fact is he is floating.  He does not need to go to the net, but he does need playmaking moves to pass in front of the net.  Horton, I think he a good player, tough and scores timely goals.  He is a bit of a "loose cannon" early this year.  Reign him in!  CJ is doing the right thing, if you bench the players you are taking skilled players off of the ice. You cannot prove you are worthy of respect by sitting on the bench.  So a public "spanking" is fine.  If not then maybe the team needs a new direction.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I also feel that Krejci is dealing with injury problems and unfortunately core injuries tend to linger.  In addition, I son't think that Horton is right either.  I think he hasn't fully recovered from his shoulder injury or more importantly his concussion.  All you have to do is look at Bergeron and Savard to know how hard it can be to regain your form.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good for Claude. He's much more pro-active this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from doublebadboy2008. Show doublebadboy2008's posts

Time for this locker room to remember that nobody is going to give it to you, you have to take it ! Krejci's play would suggest that he may still be hurt. If that's so .... why is he in the line up? His contract is up this year and we have a ton of talent down the middle. PC knows after last years performance Krejci will be expecting a pay day. He may be shipped out of Boston if the Bruins don't turn it around soon. Our assets are down the middle and on defense. That may be just what other teams are looking for to give up a scoring winger ... which we need as we lost 90 pts with Recchi and Ryder departing and nobody was brought in to fill the void. Horton does not seem like he is strong on his feet or in game shape yet. He seems tired and easily knocked off his feet. I really wish JC would move Paille up to the 3rd line and drop Pouliot down to the 4th. I think Paille deserves it as he has always plays a solid game. Here's hoping we can shake this funk and gets some wins under our belt. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]They've just been bad. Stupid penalties, and playing worse offensively than Pouliot. Not good. In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Not worse offensively than Pouliot. At least Horton has 5 points Pouliot has 0 and is terrible in just about every way. He really needs to be canned to at least send som type of message.

Fire Ward an Pouliot see what happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good for Claude. He's much more pro-active this year.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    I thought the same Bogie. This is no time to coddle players and sooth damaged egos. These players are champions who need to go out and show it on the ice. The rings are proof of what they did last year. It's time for the boys to show whether or not they want another one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Good job calling out the right guys CJ!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Fair criticism of NH & DK.

So many areas to work on scoring 5 on 5, the PP

But there is one stat in which we are top 3 in the league; penalty minutes!

Unless Marchand is planning on scoring 40 shorties this year, the B's gotta stop being goaded inro dumb retaliations. We have enough problems even strength, let's not blow the bloody doors off being dumb too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

CJ is patient, but after 10 games it's time to take a different approach. DK and Horton are clearly not living up to their responsibilities. Last year they were the offensive leaders both in the regular season and the playoffs. This year they have not made much difference.  Horton is coming off a concussion and shoulder surgery, and DK hurt something as well. Perhaps CJ was giving them time to get back in the game, but now he thinks it's time for them to step up. It is. One goal through 7 games is completely unacceptable for your top center. For those criticizing Pouliot, however, you need to let that go. He's only getting 8 minutes a game. No one can do anything with 8 minutes. To say he's playing worse than top-line guys who get 18 minutes is silly. Not saying he deserves it, but Pouliot really hasn't been given a chance so far this year. If anything I would give him a game where he gets 15 minutes and see what he can do. Same with Caron.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Different circumstances require different approaches, psychologically.  A team that is hungry but not confident needs to be coddled. A team that has won and is confident but is no longer hungry needs to be kicked in the a$$.  CJ has adapted his style to what is appropriate at the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

If Horton & Krejci were truly injured, CJ would never call them out like this. He must be of the impression that they are healthy enough to be more physical, get to the dirty areas, win puck battles, etc. All the "compete" stuff he's talking about.

We should believe they are fine as well. Otherwise, he's just setting them up to fail.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

[QUOTE]I watch Krejci play and think, is he still having core injury problems.  Is it the hip or groin like a few years back? The fact is he is floating.  He does not need to go to the net, but he does need playmaking moves to pass in front of the net.  Horton, I think he a good player, tough and scores timely goals.  He is a bit of a "loose cannon" early this year.  Reign him in!  CJ is doing the right thing, if you bench the players you are taking skilled players off of the ice. You cannot prove you are worthy of respect by sitting on the bench.  So a public "spanking" is fine.  If not then maybe the team needs a new direction.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I agree that Krejci seems to be floating.  He doesn't need to crash the net, but he does need to pressure the defense when he has the puck and open up gaps for his linemates.  When he's on, there's nobody I enjoy watching more dissect the defense with his creative passing.  He's proven he's got the skill to find the open man, but right now, he's not there.  Is it injury or just lack of energy?

Horton really needs to get his emotions under control and stop taking bad penalties.  Cross checking and bad fights aren't the way to get involved physically.  He should take a hint from Lucic and start hitting to get himself engaged.  I think CJ is right to call these guys out.  They're capable of more and should be delivering consistently. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : Horton really needs to get his emotions under control and stop taking bad penalties.  Cross checking and bad fights aren't the way to get involved physically.  He should take a hint from Lucic and start hitting to get himself engaged.  I think CJ is right to call these guys out.  They're capable of more and should be delivering consistently. 
    Posted by mac221[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Horton's play also remind me of Lucic's frustrations coming off injuries. Being a power forward without the power must be aggravating. Hopefully Julien is repeating the mantra to Horton - it's ok. You're ok. Doctors say you're fine. So get your rear end in gear, hit some bodies and get to the front of the net.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Obvious he's trying to light a little fire under them. I bet it works.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci:[QUOTE]Good for Claude. He's much more pro-active this year. Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

^I agree Bogie!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci:
    [QUOTE]http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1377434&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Fhockey%2Fbruins+%28Boston+Bruins+-+Bruins+%26+NHL+-+BostonHerald.com%29 Apparently Cj thinks the biggest problem facing that line right now is the lacklustre efforts being put forth by DK and Horton. Hard to argue the point since Lucic has stepped up in the offensive and hitting departments. Increased effort from the other 2 will go a long ways towards righting the ship. On another note, it was reported that Pouliot was back at practice. My guess is the reporter was the only one who noticed.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah dez, this seems like a pretty good assessment to me.  Those two have looked the worst to me (relative to what we know they can do).

Krejci is just a shadow of what he was in the playoffs and looks totally uninspired (note: he is one of my favorite Bruins).

Horton is playing badly and playing stupid.  Every display of emotion from him has been woefully mis-timed and misguided.  One game he looks lazy, the next he looks entitled and is totally indignant that some opposing player is hitting him.  It's very odd.  Hisd emotion seems to be channeled towards settling personal little scores, not trying to win.

I'm glad Claude is calling it like he sees it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : Yeah dez, this seems like a pretty good assessment to me.  Those two have looked the worst to me (relative to what we know they can do). Krejci is just a shadow of what he was in the playoffs and looks totally uninspired (note: he is one of my favorite Bruins). Horton is playing badly and playing stupid.  Every display of emotion from him has been woefully mis-timed and misguided.  One game he looks lazy, the next he looks entitled and is totally indignant that some opposing player is hitting him.  It's very odd.  Hisd emotion seems to be channeled towards settling personal little scores, not trying to win. I'm glad Claude is calling it like he sees it.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I'm a little bit torn over the idea of calling out players in public but sometimes that's all a coach has left. I've no doubt that CJ has already tried other avenues to get these guys going. I know there will be those who say it's unfair to single out these 2 when there are so many underperforming. What they need to realize is that these are the 2 most important underperformers and a big turnaround can start with them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Chara has a fight already this season, and leads the team in hits.

[QUOTE]I would have to agree with CJ. At the same time theres more then just those 2 not playing the way they should be. I think Chara needs to step up abit more. If the Captain starts to be more agressive, hitting people, play more mean i guess its what i am looking for.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts