CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci

CJ is correct. Horton and Krejci both stink right now but I'm hoping for a kick *ss break out game tonight. They're both well over due.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Not that I'm a fan of Pouliot, but he's playing under 10 minutes a night and at least drives the net. Horton and Krejci are over 13 are supposed to put up points, no one expected Pouliot to be a big contributor.

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci:
    In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : Not worse offensively than Pouliot. At least Horton has 5 points Pouliot has 0 and is terrible in just about every way. He really needs to be canned to at least send som type of message. Fire Ward an Pouliot see what happens.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Given how far apart the very few times CJ has done it I can more than live with it. Hell, he was even pretty gentle with Wideman and Kessel...

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : I'm a little bit torn over the idea of calling out players in public but sometimes that's all a coach has left. I've no doubt that CJ has already tried other avenues to get these guys going. I know there will be those who say it's unfair to single out these 2 when there are so many underperforming. What they need to realize is that these are the 2 most important underperformers and a big turnaround can start with them.
    Posted by dezaruchi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I actualy applaud egg head for this. Why not nothing seems to be working and its not like the critism of the players he mentioned isn't deserved. Lucic has played much better of late not just scoring but his overall game as well. I just hope claude doesn't give in to his 4th line fantasy of playing them for 30 mins a game :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

If it weren't for the fact that a slow October can make a season really tough on a playoff-hopeful team, I'd be hesitant to want to see Claude calling players out like that this early in the season. Not to mention there is the potential reverse effect of turning-off the players in question. Perhaps this all a dynamic of the mysterious "Cup Hangover": patience and tepid responses need to go out the window. Horton and Krejci are pro's and gamers, they'll respond with the intended result I think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I was surprised to see that only Kampfer, Pouliot and Rask chose to participate in the optional morning skate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

If Horton & Krejci were truly injured, CJ would never call them out like this. He must be of the impression that they are healthy enough to be more physical, get to the dirty areas, win puck battles, etc. All the "compete" stuff he's talking about. We should believe they are fine as well. Otherwise, he's just setting them up to fail.
    Posted by asmaha

Or Not!

“He’s had a slow start to the season,” Julien said. “I think anybody who comes back from that and has missed that amount of time is going to be slow coming back. It’s almost a natural process. You saw [Patrice] Bergeron take almost half a year, three-quarters of a year.”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : Or Not! “He’s had a slow start to the season,” Julien said. “I think anybody who comes back from that and has missed that amount of time is going to be slow coming back. It’s almost a natural process. You saw [Patrice] Bergeron take almost half a year, three-quarters of a year.”
    Posted by MeanE

MeanE, from what Horton has to say, it seems the issue isn't as much injury as it is his inability to forget the past and just play. I can't say I blame him for being a little bit gun shy. It also explains why he was so quick to snap on Gleason after a little shot to the head.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/bruins/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : MeanE, from what Horton has to say, it seems the issue isn't as much injury as it is his inability to forget the past and just play. I can't say I blame him for being a little bit gun shy. It also explains why he was so quick to snap on Gleason after a little shot to the head. http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/bruins/
    Posted by dezaruchi

Exactly Dez.  Guys like Horton know that another concussion could send them into retirement.  They have all been around Savard and know the struggles that he is experiencing.  There is no question that a large part of recovering from a concussion is mental and IMHO there is no test out there that can truly measure if you are fully recovered.  It's going to take some time and fans, media, and coaching staff should be supportive of a guy that did what we all want out of our players, he put it all on the line to win the Stanley Cup.  In his efforts he was seriously injured and now we want to throw him out with the bath water?  Shame on all that are criticizing Nathan.  Go back and look at that hit again and tell me that he should be back to 100% right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : Exactly Dez.  Guys like Horton know that another concussion could send them into retirement.  They have all been around Savard and know the struggles that he is experiencing.  There is no question that a large part of recovering from a concussion is mental and IMHO there is no test out there that can truly measure if you are fully recovered.  It's going to take some time and fans, media, and coaching staff should be supportive of a guy that did what we all want out of our players, he put it all on the line to win the Stanley Cup.  In his efforts he was seriously injured and now we want to throw him out with the bath water?  Shame on all that are criticizing Nathan.  Go back and look at that hit again and tell me that he should be back to 100% right now.
    Posted by MeanE

Great post MeanE. I too was a little surprised to see how quickly some have questioned Nathan's heart. From playoff hero to castoff in a couple of months. it is shameful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I agree with the Horton and head injury statements but than put him in Providence until he is physically ready to take a hit. Why risk it here? Or put him on the third line with protection. All I know is if I was paid the kind of money they are paid or even half of it to play the game I love every day in a city that loves hockey as much as the original Regina's Pizza in the North End. I would get up every day and make sure no one ever called me out on the Globe or anywhere else. If you are hurt than you need to be a man and sit out so someone else gets a chance. Enough said. I have had my fill of excuses and need to see more execution.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I agree with the Horton and head injury statements but than put him in Providence until he is physically ready to take a hit. Why risk it here? Or put him on the third line with protection. All I know is if I was paid the kind of money they are paid or even half of it to play the game I love every day in a city that loves hockey as much as the original Regina's Pizza in the North End. I would get up every day and make sure no one ever called me out on the Globe or anywhere else. If you are hurt than you need to be a man and sit out so someone else gets a chance. Enough said. I have had my fill of excuses and need to see more execution.
    Posted by Macfact

Mac, I think the point is that he isn't injured and is able to take a hit. Say you got T-boned going through an intersection you've travelled 1000's of times. Would you feel a little bit nervous when you're finally able to drive again? Providence won't help him find his game just as it wouldn't have helped Patrice. He just needs to work through it the same way Bergeron did. I have no problem being patient with a guy that scored some of the biggest goals in Bruins history.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : I also feel that Krejci is dealing with injury problems and unfortunately core injuries tend to linger.  In addition, I son't think that Horton is right either.  I think he hasn't fully recovered from his shoulder injury or more importantly his concussion.  All you have to do is look at Bergeron and Savard to know how hard it can be to regain your form.  
    Posted by MeanE

If you're suited up to play...you have to be ready to play!

If not, do the right thing for the team and don't suit up !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

coming from a guy who has had a few concussions (i think the next knock will kill me), unless you have had a serious knock- you have NO IDEA what a person goes through that did. i'm not talking a bump on the noggin, i'm talking an out cold-headaches for weeks-hard to form a clear thought for weeks-depression causing concussion. i have been a few years since my last, and am completely symptom free, but as i said above, i fear the next one could turn me into a vegetable. cut horton some slack, he's earned our patience. he is cleared, so i have to believe he's physically fine. give him a break, jumping back into the fire, would make ANYONE tentative. this is not an "excuse", it's reality. it's not like he has a hangnail, and refuses to play...this is legit 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CJ Questions Compete Level Horton And Krejci : If you're suited up to play...you have to be ready to play! If not, do the right thing for the team and don't suit up !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

So do you think Bergeron should've sat out instead of working through it as he did? He clearly wasn't the same player for a year or more. How does Horton sitting out help the team? He's still twice the player his replacement (Pouliot?) would be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Dez for certain you make great points as always and there is no disputing the logic. I am a big fan of Patrice and do remember seeing exactly what you are talking about. It is funny becuase I was just hit by a drunk driver going about 50 miles an hour so I can sympathize with the issue. I think this is a different team now than when we look at the Bergeron years. We have a chance to repeat the cup and we have a lot of talent that cover for Horton while he works it out. I agree Providence was a bit knee jerk on my part but I think moving him to the third or fourth line and putting guys around him can help him work it out is prudent. No I don't think Pouliout can do his job or better them him even hurt. But imagine scenario like this.

Marchand Bergeron Seguin
    Lucic Krejci Peverly
    Pouliot/Caron Kelly Horton
    Paille Campbell Thorton

There is nothing wrong with Kelly being able to clean up the mistakes and Pouliot playing the protector. It also gives Pouliot some clear goals to work towards. It gives Horton plenty of coverage and time to get his scoring touch back. As far as Patrice he was still doing the other things Horton is not known for on defense and face offs and power plays. That is a discipline Horton does not have. But he is a good goal scorer that I would miss and he needs time for sure but my argument humbly is there a better way to accomplish it. You may have some ideas about how to do that yourself. I can imagine though if things do not turn around there will be a trade for a senior mature goal scorer type guy to help him get out of his rut on that line very soon if we see much more of the same. Fair enough dez...

Sections
Shortcuts