CJ said I could make a new line-up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

CJ said I could make a new line-up

So weird. Claude calls me out of the clear blue and says "I'm baffled. Give me something to give us a little spark." So I said "Well, Claude, I gotta tell ya, unless PC brings in some magic with that cleared cap space, nothing I can do for you will bring you that Lord Stanley hardware, but here's what you can do to get more out of what you've got now."

1. HORTON KREJCI LUCIC

(Why mess with success?)

2. SEGUIN SAVARD BERGERON

(Stop treating the kid with kid gloves. He's got speed and can score. Remember how much Savvy loved feeding passes to that speedy Kessel kid? Why not let Seguin skate with a guy who can do the same? Bergy can provide some defensive help on this line as I can see you're starting to sweat looking at it. Don't worry so much about D all the time. Take a chance and let the horses run.)

3. RYDER CAMPBELL THORNTON

(Look, all we know about Ryder is that he's annoying b/c he's got that great shot and almost never uses it. Campbell's an underrated player w/a lot of heart and smarts. Try him with Rydes. And Thornton will bang some bodies here and create a lot of energy. He'll even pop in some goals now and then.)

4. RECCHI WHEELER MARCHAND

(Limited minutes for Recks? Of course--he's 42, and looking it these days. Marchand will provide the energy, and Wheeler--look, he can't do any worse at center than he has on the wing.

CHARA SEIDENBERG
    BOYCHUK McQUAID
    FERENCE KAMPFER

TT/RASK

Now go have some fun and win a whole bunch of games until PC brings in some more talent.

Easy, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: CJ said I could make a new line-up

I actually like that lineup

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Marchand needs to get more love. The guy has been very solid for us all year, forces a tonne of turnovers down low, and has a pretty hard and deceptive shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: CJ said I could make a new line-up:[QUOTE]Marchand needs to get more love. The guy has been very solid for us all year, forces a tonne of turnovers down low, and has a pretty hard and deceptive shot.Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Yes I am on the bandwagon. Last year Marchand used to get knocked off the puck left and right not this year increase his ice time immediately.

Put down that Mutant Ninja Turtle Snuggie and report to Ristuccia!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'd like it better if you switched Ryder and Thornton to fourth line and Recchi and Marchand to third line.  Recchi is old but he can still pop in about 16 goals.  Marchand has been playing really well lately, he should get some more time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Maybe a Thornton/Caron swing wing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I know that messing with the 1st line is scary, but the 2nd & 3rd lines are so weak that I'd give it a try...spread out the talent a little to help.

Lucic-Savard- Marchand
    Bergeron-Seguin- Horton
    Ryder- Krejci- Wheeler
    Recchi- Campbell- Thornton

CJ would never put Seguin at center or move Recchi to the 4th line...that would require offensive creativity and what his tight a$$$ would perceive as risk
    But I think this would be worth the chance to see what happens

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Jwensink I like that line up but CJ would probably have Bergy at center and Seguin on the wing. Seem like a good combo though, maybe the KWR line can get back some of that old magic especially playing against other teams 3rd lines. I am on the Marchand bandwagon this year too, It seems like he finally gets it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hey, looks like everyone is on the same page with this one.  I was going to start a thread about the 4th line saying if they are so good and out in almost all situations, why have a 4th line?  Why not spread out the talent?  The the only real issue is which line to put Thronton on.
    If you have to roll 4 lines as many of you say, spreading the wealth is the way to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to CJ said I could make a new line-up:
    [QUOTE]So weird. Claude calls me out of the clear blue and says "I'm baffled. Give me something to give us a little spark." So I said "Well, Claude, I gotta tell ya, unless PC brings in some magic with that cleared cap space, nothing I can do for you will bring you that Lord Stanley hardware, but here's what you can do to get more out of what you've got now." 1. HORTON KREJCI LUCIC (Why mess with success?) 2. SEGUIN SAVARD BERGERON (Stop treating the kid with kid gloves. He's got speed and can score. Remember how much Savvy loved feeding passes to that speedy Kessel kid? Why not let Seguin skate with a guy who can do the same? Bergy can provide some defensive help on this line as I can see you're starting to sweat looking at it. Don't worry so much about D all the time. Take a chance and let the horses run.) 3. RYDER CAMPBELL THORNTON (Look, all we know about Ryder is that he's annoying b/c he's got that great shot and almost never uses it. Campbell's an underrated player w/a lot of heart and smarts. Try him with Rydes. And Thornton will bang some bodies here and create a lot of energy. He'll even pop in some goals now and then.) 4. RECCHI WHEELER MARCHAND (Limited minutes for Recks? Of course--he's 42, and looking it these days. Marchand will provide the energy, and Wheeler--look, he can't do any worse at center than he has on the wing. CHARA SEIDENBERG BOYCHUK McQUAID FERENCE KAMPFER TT/RASK Now go have some fun and win a whole bunch of games until PC brings in some more talent. Easy, right?
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    With all the flak CJ gets for the ice time the 4th line receives,I'm not sure he should promote 2/3's of the line and call it the 3rd.And if anyone from the line is promoted it should be Marchand.Other than that I like the idea of putting Bergeron with Savard and Seguin.I won't be surprised if CJ takes your advice on that one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

In Response to Re: CJ said I could make a new line-up:
    [QUOTE]hey, looks like everyone is on the same page with this one.  I was going to start a thread about the 4th line saying if they are so good and out in almost all situations, why have a 4th line?  Why not spread out the talent?  The the only real issue is which line to put Thronton on. If you have to roll 4 lines as many of you say, spreading the wealth is the way to go.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I think the last two lines should be mixed up depending on their opponent. We dont rely on them to score goals, but more have an effect on what the other team does...

for example... When playing a fast skating team (mon, det, nash, edm, wash) go with a line up without thornton. Move marchand up with some talent and dress paille to atleast match some speed. Thornton is useless against these teams.

When playing a more physical, chippy team (anaheim, phili, cal, TB, stl..) the fourth line can have thornton, campbell and whoever to bump and grind with the tough guys on their teams. or with the first line from other teams, depending on how the coaches want to match up.

With that said... i think its more importnat to do this against teams in the other conference. Changing up a look against Ana, or Col, or even when they go on the 3 game northwest edm, cal, van trip. cause you only see them once a year.  However, if you go with a line up against buffalo or montreal, that you play twice a month or twice in one week, keep the last two lines the same so the chemsitry grows.

It would be similiar to a batting line up, facing lefty or righty pitchers. You wouldnt move papi, or manny cause they were our bread and butter. but the rest of the line up would shift to match up better.

Chemistry can grow in these climates too... as long as the game plan stays the same for the style they want to  play vs certain teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Marchand-- Campbell-- Thornton --  going great.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

I think the same could go for defense too... if you want to match chara up with the first line of say the capitals?? Play boychuk with chara cause theyre big and tough and can bump with forwards like ov and laich.

Then say they play pitt, dress chara with ference, crosby and malkin arent as physcial as laich and ov... so ference could match up with speed and have boychuk to add strength somewhere else.

Gionta gomez plekanic = Chara and ference.

Getzlaf, perry, ryan = Chara and boychuk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

The sheperd:  paille is a bum, and should not be played at all.  If you want to swap somebody in and out.  Use caron.  I like the line combos by winseck, except for ference and kampfer together.  the rookie needs a good strong mentor.  Just dont think ference is the right man for the job.  i think those two together would get eatin up down low, and in the corners.  Recchi is getting old and slow fast.  i honestely dont see him lasting the season.  why do we always have a PJ or murray on this team.  sometimes you got to let the old  guys go.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CJ said I could make a new line-up : With all the flak CJ gets for the ice time the 4th line receives,I'm not sure he should promote 2/3's of the line and call it the 3rd.And if anyone from the line is promoted it should be Marchand.Other than that I like the idea of putting Bergeron with Savard and Seguin.I won't be surprised if CJ takes your advice on that one.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I had a "Julien Bat-Phone" installed that I use just an hour or so before game-time, so I'm ready to call in the Seguin-Savard-Bergeron line suggestion. That's my biggest "wish" combo of all of them.
    Is this the first post in which we haven't sniped at each other? Must be the holiday spirit ;-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CJ said I could make a new line-up : I had a "Julien Bat-Phone" installed that I use just an hour or so before game-time, so I'm ready to call in the Seguin-Savard-Bergeron line suggestion. That's my biggest "wish" combo of all of them. Is this the first post in which we haven't sniped at each other? Must be the holiday spirit ;-)
    I plan to make an effort at being more polite.Sometimes I forget my manners.Peace fellow Bruin fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Marchand - Campbell - Thorton - the line is working, why are people trying to split it up.

Seguin - Savard - Ryder - fans have given this line 4-5 games and already you're trying to change it.

Try and believe that the coaches and GM know what they are doing. A lot less stressful that way.

It's not the lines or the play that people hate about the Bs, it's the strategy. As long as CJ is winning, it's not going to change - get over the CJ, Chia, Wheeler, Ryder, and all the other hate that flows around here.

All of these posts continue to say, you're not going to win a cup unless you 1) add more talent, 2) change the lines or 3) change the coach/strategy.

Listen, winning the stanley cup can be done with any team with a goalie that shows up in the playoffs, but otherwise there isn't a set formula. Stop it with "the Bs won't win a cup since Ryder is on the team" or "because Wheeler can't shoot" or even the "win a cup in etc etc etc only if Wheeler stays". The Flyers came close to winning and they didn't have a formula besides having a solid 3 -4 lines.

Positive thinking people, I know it's really hard but try it for once.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]So weird. Claude calls me out of the clear blue and says "I'm baffled. Give me something to give us a little spark." So I said "Well, Claude, I gotta tell ya, unless PC brings in some magic with that cleared cap space, nothing I can do for you will bring you that Lord Stanley hardware, but here's what you can do to get more out of what you've got now." 1. HORTON KREJCI LUCIC (Why mess with success?) 2. SEGUIN SAVARD BERGERON (Stop treating the kid with kid gloves. He's got speed and can score. Remember how much Savvy loved feeding passes to that speedy Kessel kid? Why not let Seguin skate with a guy who can do the same? Bergy can provide some defensive help on this line as I can see you're starting to sweat looking at it. Don't worry so much about D all the time. Take a chance and let the horses run.) 3. RYDER CAMPBELL THORNTON (Look, all we know about Ryder is that he's annoying b/c he's got that great shot and almost never uses it. Campbell's an underrated player w/a lot of heart and smarts. Try him with Rydes. And Thornton will bang some bodies here and create a lot of energy. He'll even pop in some goals now and then.) 4. RECCHI WHEELER MARCHAND (Limited minutes for Recks? Of course--he's 42, and looking it these days. Marchand will provide the energy, and Wheeler--look, he can't do any worse at center than he has on the wing. CHARA SEIDENBERG BOYCHUK McQUAID FERENCE KAMPFER TT/RASK Now go have some fun and win a whole bunch of games until PC brings in some more talent. Easy, right?

I have issues with your last two lines.  I would have Ryder/Wheeler/Marchand as the third line.  Then Recchi/Campbell/Caron as the fourth line... Thornton is a great person in the locker room and should be in the next "Dancing with the Stars" production.  He would win with the "clown" as his partner.  

TTB, always think of TT the Bears when I see your handle.  Nice club for music. Anyway enjoy your posts always.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CJ said I could make a new line-up : I have issues with your last two lines.  I would have Ryder/Wheeler/Marchand as the third line.  Then Recchi/Campbell/Caron as the fourth line... Thornton is a great person in the locker room and should be in the next "Dancing with the Stars" production.  He would win with the "clown" as his partner.   TTB, always think of TT the Bears when I see your handle.  Nice club for music. Anyway enjoy your posts always.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Back in the day I saw quite a few terrific shows at TT the Bears AND at The Middle East! Brings back memories :-)

I'm OK w/Rydes/Wheeler /Marchand as a 3rd line, altho' I thought Campbell might be better at getting Rydes the puck for shots than Wheeler, who I've kind of given up on. Marchand has certainly earned a look at 3rd line status w/his effort and energy....my biggest hope is to really see CJ try Bergy on the wing, and letting Seguin run more wild than he has....I think he and Savvy deserve a chance to make some magic, so it's really that #2 line I'm most wishing for.

(I only dis-included Caron b/c he's currently in Providence...otherwise I'd make room for him for sure.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

Totally agree with your post...Especialy letting Seguin loose!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

no no no....depth is key

Rex    Bergeron    Horton

Lucic   Savard   Wheeler

Ryder   Krejci    Seguin

Marchand   Campbell   Thorton