CJ's Goaltending Strategy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

CJ's Goaltending Strategy

Curious what people think CJ has in mind regarding splitting the workload in net.  No question Rask is the clear #1 and the job is his to lose.  Do you think CJ's thought is to start Rask in 30-35 with Khudobin  getting spot duty?  Or will it be more even since there are so many games in a short period of time?  Interesting options for Clod.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: CJ's Goaltending Strategy

I'd guess ~35 for Rask, ~13 for Khudobin. It really depends on how well each plays though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If one of them gets hot Julien will go with that goalie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm not so sure that if Khudobin gets hot that he'll get the motherload of starts  Even if he's playing better than Rask, I think it's more important to keep Rask in game shape in order to get him ready for the playoffs. I can't think of any scenario outside of a Rask injury that Khudobin would see playoff action.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If it was up to me as a coach. Unless Khudo plays terrible I would work it out to where Rask doesn't play more than 55 games for the year including play-offs. Until he can prove that he can handle a bigger work load. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

If it was up to me as a coach. Unless Khudo plays terrible I would work it out to where Rask doesn't play more than 55 games for the year including play-offs. Until he can prove that he can handle a bigger work load. 

Don't forget there could be 28 possible playoff games Nite. A 32-16 split for Rask-Khudo seems reasonable enough to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Sounds about right.

Don't forget there are could be 28 possible playoff games Nite. A 32-16 split for Rask-Khudo seems reasonable enough to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Khudobin or Tuukka on Wednesday against the Rags ?

Me thinks Julien will go with Khudobin...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I think he goes back to Rask.   A one in four ratio seems right to me.  Tuukka sits about 10-12 regular season games and plays the playoffs.   This of course changes if one of them sucks. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I don't think we see Khudobin until the second night of a back-to-back: Game #6 vs. the Devils. Otherwise it's 4 days off for Rask, and that seems too like too much this early. March is a grind - 17 games.

Sections
Shortcuts