CJ's last stand?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

CJ's last stand?

Is tonight's game his last as B's coach? If they lose, I would hope so. Matter of fact, the entire group should go. Now go out and win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: CJ's last stand?

In response to mxt's comment:

Is tonight's game his last as B's coach? If they lose, I would hope so. Matter of fact, the entire group should go. Now go out and win.

Whole group of coaches, that is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

The coach should go but probably won't if they lose and the players are here for the duration of their over priced contracts way to go PC didn't get nash or a legit goal scorer and what do you know the team has problems scoring goals and getting power play goals shocking. PC will have a press conference boasting about how they have made the playoffs every year since 2008 and how much he likes his over priced "core"

Who are the members of the overpriced core?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Could be, but the fact is that Toronto players wanted to win more than most Bruins players, for example : Horton- no show all night- good bye; Lucic, slow, standing still, watching, too fat ?; Seguin doesn't see the whole ice lately- why ?; Marchand- poor passes- why ? Jagr just doesn't fit in; Thornton, works hard- no skills, sameo sameo; Campbell/Paille- not expected to be scorers; Hamilton played better than others on least amount of ice time; Tuuka- consistently better than rest of team. Many on this team are looking at the golf course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Could be, but the fact is that Toronto players wanted to win more than most Bruins players, for example : Horton- no show all night- good bye; Lucic, slow, standing still, watching, too fat ?; Seguin doesn't see the whole ice lately- why ?; Marchand- poor passes- why ? Jagr just doesn't fit in; Thornton, works hard- no skills, sameo sameo; Campbell/Paille- not expected to be scorers; Hamilton played better than others on least amount of ice time; Tuuka- consistently better than rest of team. Many on this team are looking at the golf course.

This team is as deep as any in the league. No reason a coach can't make adjustments and figure out which combinations can work. CJ remains a stubborn old a _ _ who sees things through his eyes only. He doesn't trust young players, to a fault. We're talking about a coach that got fired years back with a few games left in the seaon while his team was in 1st place. That team (NJ) went on to win the cup that very year. This team should be much better and I think he's the main reason they're not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This team is as deep as any in the league. No reason a coach can't make adjustments and figure out which combinations can work. CJ remains a stubborn old a _ _ who sees things through his eyes only. He doesn't trust young players, to a fault. We're talking about a coach that got fired years back with a few games left in the seaon while his team was in 1st place. That team (NJ) went on to win the cup that very year. This team should be much better and I think he's the main reason they're not.

Or, if you want to go with the less dramatic truth, they lost in the second round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Just because we see some form of this after every loss...doesn't make it true.  NJ folded up
    in 5 games in round one, if you'd like to double check that.

Maybe Julien should go if things don't go well tonight, but I've not seen much here that really suggests why.

We always hear the New Jersey thing, and it's always wrong.  We keep hearing he's stubborn...but I don't know who among us could ever pinpoint that.  Is he on his own little island?  Is he not getting input and direction from the rest of the management group?  It would seem reasonable he is.

The other generic song is that "he's lost the team".  Don't know there either, but I have played enough to know that coaches are routinely tuned out this time of year anyway.  This is the players time, either they bring it, or they don't.

The ironic part of this whole thing, is if the B's win, this conversation will stop for at least 2 more games.  If they lose, it'll become deafening.

Plenty of time to talk about that later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Just because we see some form of this after every loss...doesn't make it true.  NJ folded up

Or, the Devils beat Tampa 4-2 and then lost to the Sens 4-1 in the second round.

(if you'd like to check that)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Maybe Julien should go if things don't go well tonight, but I've not seen much here that really suggests why.

We always hear the New Jersey thing, and it's always wrong.  We keep hearing he's stubborn...but I don't know who among us could ever pinpoint that.  Is he on his own little island?  Is he not getting input and direction from the rest of the management group?  It would seem reasonable he is.

The other generic song is that "he's lost the team".  Don't know there either, but I have played enough to know that coaches are routinely tuned out this time of year anyway.  This is the players time, either they bring it, or they don't.

The ironic part of this whole thing, is if the B's win, this conversation will stop for at least 2 more games.  If they lose, it'll become deafening.

Plenty of time to talk about that later.

my bad....5 games in round 2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

To answer the OP. I think game 7 is unquestionably the Julien referendum.  

If they lose, he's gone, under the rationale that a bunch of 1st round exits to lesser teams is more telling than getting through the playoffs in 2011 (3 game 7's) on the back of the best playoff goalie performance ever.  His teams are more likely to underachieve in the post season than over achieve, and he seems to be outstrategized by the likes of Adam Oates and Randy Carlyle.

If they win, I think he's probably safe.  They make the playoffs every year and they won a Cup just two years ago.  It's hard to win in the playoffs and sometimes it takes 7 games when some key players aren't producing.  Do you throw away a consistent winner and a system that has won it all to gamble with a new guy when you make the 2nd round of the playoffs (maybe further...)?  Probably not.

Julien has 60 minutes to save his job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Julien's teams have always been good defensively, but rather ordinary (and that is putting it mildly) in the offense department. His mission objective has always been to prevent the other team from scoring and to hope for the lucky bounce. The Bruins have been maddeningly inconsistent during his tenure. They have enough talent/are deep enough for a deep cup run every year - yet they are again on the verge of an epic collapse. This is mediocrity, this is prototypical underachieving, and something needs to be done about it, even if they win tonight.
    There can be no more excuses. How management allows Julien to keep his ultra-incompetent buddy Geoff Ward in a job is beyond me, and this nepotism alone should be grounds for immediate termination. A six-year contract extension, my a..! What did Julien do to deserve a six-year contract extension? Not even Scotty Bowman ever got a contract this long.
    And please stop with this "only CJ's system makes the Bruins a competitive team" bs. He cannot inspire/motivate his team to give a full effort at this time of year (or any time of the year, for that matter), he either needs to radically change his approach (he can keep his defense-first system, but it also needs tweaking), or he should be fired. The Bruins are about to experience another epic collapse and could become the laughing stock of the league again - that's twice in the past three years.
    With a team as talented and deep as this one, simply making the playoffs cannot possibly be good enough (and I don't care if Columbus or Buffalo would happily trade places with the B's).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Or, if you want to go with the less dramatic truth, they lost in the second round.

Your'e right, I'd better check my facts. My bad, NAS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The answer:  2015-16 season?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes I believe he's coaching for his job ,  he does that 80 games a year and now for how many seasons?  I don't believe he gets fired this summer although a lengthy slump next season and could spell his demise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Not thinking he can survive a potential first round collapse to a team that played as bad as us down the stretch. Course it'll be a moot point with a win, but the bottom line is that this team is better then they play. If we didn't get a fast start which was aided by a favorable early schedule, we could have missed the playoffs. Most players today in sports seem to need to be motivated (why, I don't know), but that ain't him. If they lose tonight, maybe that'll be the motivation for next year. It should certainly be an interesting off season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The Bruins have as much chance of winning tonight as they do of identifying talent through the draft. Every year they have to rent an over the hill player, or 3, because they can't draft scorers or puck moving D. Chiarelli and Clode are inept. Toronto deserves this series, they've played to win while the lazy B's have played to lose. We need change, big change. I'd love to be proven wrong tonight but when your coach is 6 wins and 12 losses in clinching playoff games that tells me the chances of losing are 2 to 1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-07-24/Claude-Julien-contract-extension-Bruins/56466808/1

Signed a multi-year extenstion last summer. Buyouts are not something that Jacobs wants to hear to much of. Jacobs mentioned the Dave Lewis buyout "was an expensive mistake".

I say he stays even if he can't figure out how to get the team going tonight or his team bails him out again and he stays. Bruins fans are stuck no matter what.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I don't think Julien's job security will be decided solely by the game outcomes.  It will be the exit interviews with the players and coaches, Chiarelli's numbers projections and plans for next season, etc.  Those things won't change much depending on how far the Bruins go - except of course they won't fire him if they go really far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't think he's going anywhere unless the owner says he's gone, that's Pete's guy. He stuck w/ him after the most humiliating moment in franchise history and was rewarded for it so why would he get rid of him now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

You hope they fire the best coach they ever had? interesting. and replace him with who i might ask? the only possible good replacement i can see would be Doug Jarvis.

Keep CJ he is great!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

You hope they fire the best coach they ever had? interesting. and replace him with who i might ask? the only possible good replacement i can see would be Doug Jarvis.

Keep CJ he is great!

CJ is the best coach they ever had? Right now this team should be better than it is. Maybe they stopped listening to him. It happens. I think his time here has come and gone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Keep CJ he is great!

CJ is the best coach they ever had? Right now this team should be better than it is. Maybe they stopped listening to him. It happens. I think his time here has come and gone.

I would certainly "settle" for Lindy Ruff right about now...

Sections
Shortcuts