Class act by montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Class act by montreal

No suprises here, the hockey community always rises to the occassion when it comes to helping people in need.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

All north american sports will honor boston.  Its not just classy its humane.  We are brothers and sisters regardless of flag or sports jersey.  

THAT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Nice article on classy actions around some of the arenas last night...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22084203/nhl-fans-show-support-keith-yandle-sports-pray-for-boston-on-skates

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Yes, it was a nice gesture from Montreal.

This one from the Chicago Trib is better.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2013/04/chicago_tribune.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I was in the pub for two hours last night talking to hockey fans. Believe me, not a one of them took any joy out of this. They were devastated by the thought of it as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I was in the pub for two hours last night talking to hockey fans. Believe me, not a one of them took any joy out of this. They were devastated by the thought of it as well.

Red, this is just stupid to think.  The only difference in a canadian and an american is a border.  We are all people.  How could anyone cheer or have joy about this.  I mean did anyone take great joy in seeing japan under water.  

This is foolish.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And since it won't let me edit my post, I'll add that they were Canucks and Habs fans - 5 Canucks, 2 Habs, and me, and not one ill word was uttered towards Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Red, this is just stupid to think.  The only difference in a canadian and an american is a border.  We are all people.  How could anyone cheer or have joy about this.  I mean did anyone take great joy in seeing japan under water.  

This is foolish.  

Agreed shupe, my posts were in reply to a previous post disparaging Canucks fans, alleging they'd take a perverse pleasure in this. Not true, I hate their hockey team, but they're human beings for god's sake.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This is foolish.  

Agreed shupe, my posts were in reply to a previous post disparaging Canucks fans, alleging they'd take a perverse pleasure in this. Not true, I hate their hockey team, but they're human beings for god's sake.

Exactly.  And i know you were sticking up for someone who wrote an idiotic post.  Ive read a lot of junky posts but that one may have been the worst ive ever read.  Actually it is.   

we all have mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, cousins, aunts, uncles, grand parents etc etc etc.  mankind is above a bruins canucks rivalry.  Good lord.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Martin photo really hit me shupe. I'm supposed to go out in 10 minutes and meet some friends. Going to wear a Bruins jersey with him in my mind, and I know, for once in this town, I won't hear one dsparaging remark about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Martin photo really hit me shupe. I'm supposed to go out in 10 minutes and meet some friends. Going to wear a Bruins jersey with him in my mind, and I know, for once in this town, I won't hear one dsparaging remark about it.

Cheers Red. You are one of the good gals.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

All north american sports will honor boston.  Its not just classy its humane.  We are brothers and sisters regardless of flag or sports jersey.  

Here, here, shupe. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So I'm naive, but hopeful.

I was outside of my pub having a smoke with four friends - two are Habs fans, two are Canucks fans. I'm wearing my Oates Jersey (Caps played tonight). Two women (19 or 20) walk up the street and one yells at me "Boston Sucks". I'm about to say something, and all four of my buds start screaming. "Ever Read the News?" "Shut up you f*****g C***" "Show some respect!" "YOU F*****g suck!"

So I was wrong. The world still has its idiots.

But my fellow fans, my fellow decent humans, had my back.

It was an emotonal experience in a number of ways - anger quickly gave way to gratitude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

So I'm naive, but hopeful.

I was outside of my pub having a smoke with four friends - two are Habs fans, two are Canucks fans. I'm wearing my Oates Jersey (Caps played tonight). Two women (19 or 20) walk up the street and one yells at me "Boston Sucks". I'm about to say something, and all four of my buds start screaming. "Ever Read the News?" "Shut up you f*****g C***" "Show some respect!" "YOU F*****g suck!"

So I was wrong. The world still has its idiots.

But my fellow fans, my fellow decent humans, had my back.

It was an emotonal experience in a number of ways - anger quickly gave way to gratitude.

Some mouth on your friends there lol.
    There will always be some amount of nitwits out there but the vast majority of people will act decently in times like this. I don't think you're naive....more likely just a person who hopes for the best, or maybe you just haven't lived through enough of this stuff to know what to expect from people in the aftermath.

p.s. stop smoking! sheeesh! You're waaaay too intelligent to not know better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

p.s. stop smoking! sheeesh! You're waaaay too intelligent to not know better.

I'll admit that trivial detail somehow stood out to me too.  C'mon red!  

Sorry about the jerks.  More good than, more good then bad...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This one is very touchy also.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6&id=239659&cmpid=rss-whatsnew