classless Clod

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

classless Clod

Clod scratches Kampfer on the game where he has 50 friends and relatives coming, nice Clod real nice

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: classless Clod

Didn't they lose 6-1 with Kampfer in the lineup on Friday night to the same team?  Stuart is a better option in my opinion and I think Kampfer is better off back in Providence for the time being.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

boo hoo....this the nhl-a business, not a church league-get over it, as i'm sure kampfer already has. my guess is you were a clode hater before this non-issue. so let me get this straight...the head coach must ask his players how many people are coming to watch them play, then adjust his lineup accordingly?? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Didn't know that the coach had to take a poll of his players to see how many friends and family members are coming before he does the line up.

I guess next time the Bruins play the Leafs in Toronto McGrattan should get called up since he was born a hour away in Hamilton.  Image how many tickets he could sell. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

It was classless and dumb.

Kamp is better at moving the puck up ice than Boychuck who has been terribly inconsistent this year. I guarantee Kamp would've had a "bee in his bonett"(ty jack) in that game.

Boychuck played a stinker. Bad decision all around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: classless Clod:
    Didn't know that the coach had to take a poll of his players to see how many friends and family members are coming before he does the line up. I guess next time the Bruins play the Leafs in Toronto McGrattan should get called up since he was born a hour away in Hamilton.  Image how many tickets he could sell. 
    Posted by winexpos

Its different this kid was returning to his hometown for his first ever progame there. Apparently 40 people bought tickets with his family just to see him play.

McGratts has played plenty of times in toronto.

What does this have to do with the decision to bench him? Nothing.

I think it was  a  bad idea because they coulda used Kampfer's speed in that game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Stuart is not better than Kampfer, yes his game has slipped a bit lately but if he was gonna scratch him maybe he could have given him a heads up about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Stuart is not better than Kampfer, yes his game has slipped a bit lately but if he was gonna scratch him maybe he could have given him a heads up about it.
    Posted by fourrings

Boychuck should've been the easy scratch choice and yes,Stuart is better than Kampfer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to classless Clod:
    Clod scratches Kampfer on the game where he has 50 friends and relatives coming, nice Clod real nice
    Posted by fourrings

Maybe if Kampfer played better he would have been on the ice.

It's a hockey decision. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Am I on the right site?  This is the discussion site for the NHL team the Boston Bruins correct?

The coach decides to sit a player and he's classless because said player could have played in front of his family and friends in his hometown.

I see this all the time in Windsor with the Spits an OHL team.  Hometown players in the press box, players sitting for periods, players sent to the dressing room and told not to return during games.  All done in front of family and friends in the OHL and because it's done at the highest level, the NHL, the coach is classless?

I can only hope that the Bruins have the same success of these coaches from Windsor that sit players in front of family and friends, back to back Memorial Cup Championships, 2008-09, 2009-10

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: classless Clod : Boychuck should've been the easy scratch choice and yes,Stuart is better than Kampfer.
    Posted by dezaruchi

better at what?? fighting yes, moving the puck no way

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

seems to me clod was trying to send the kid a message, could have been delivered differently, anyway it seemed to make a big difference (not) putting stuart in the lineup in place of Kampfer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Boychuk should be sitting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

It's posts like this that make me question why I bother coming on here at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: classless Clod : better at what?? fighting yes, moving the puck no way
    Posted by fourrings

Better overall(in his own end in particular).It's not a knock against Kampfer when I say I prefer what Stuart brings to the table.Is Hunwick better than Stuart?He moves the puck better so...........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

We gave up a ton of goals over a two game span, He has a chance to put in a tough, shut down defenseman to change things up...Yeah, maybe he should have consulted the rookie before doing his job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

seems to me clod was trying to send the kid a message, could have been delivered differently, anyway it seemed to make a big difference (not) putting stuart in the lineup in place of Kampfer.
    Posted by fourrings

I don't think it was message sending or anything else.  Kampfer hasn't been playing well.  He played badly Friday night.  Claude wanted the best team on the ice and Stuart is an all-around better player right now.

Kampfer is a good kid with a lot of upside, but there are bound to be bumps in the road during a rookie season.  So, he sat a game.

Seguin played junior outside Detroit and had a lot of friends and former teammates at the game too.  Should we be praising Claude for letting Seguin play in front of his friends?  Or maybe, none of this matters and the coach is trying to put the best team on the ice, regardless of who's in the stands...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

It's posts like this that make me question why I bother coming on here at all.
    Posted by Nolakanookie

then dont.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

We gave up a ton of goals over a two game span, He has a chance to put in a tough, shut down defenseman to change things up...Yeah, maybe he should have consulted the rookie before doing his job.
    Posted by Nolakanookie

if stuart is so good why was he a healthy scratch for 8 games in a row. dont get me wrong i expect clod to put the best team he can on the ice he had many chances to sit Kampfer and play stuart i question the timing of his decison more than anything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: classless Clod : if stuart is so good why was he a healthy scratch for 8 games in a row. dont get me wrong i expect clod to put the best team he can on the ice he had many chances to sit Kampfer and play stuart i question the timing of his decison more than anything.
    Posted by fourrings

Stuart played his 1st game back with a brace on his hand and then sat out again because CJ had the luxury of depth at the time.My guess is that Stuart is now finally 100% again.Like I said already,it's Boychuck that should sit for the time being-not Kampfer or Stuart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

it was classless.

he should have provoked / challenged him to step up and where better to do it than in front of family and friends.

dont think Clod julien knows how to manage young people.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Had nothing to do with being "classless".
    To say otherwise is nonsense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Had nothing to do with being "classless". To say otherwise is nonsense.
    Posted by seobrien

The minute CJ lets any players hurt feelings dictate how he fills out the lineup is the minute he should be fired.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Can't be mad at Clod for trying to put the best defensive out against a very strong offensive club. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In Response to Re: classless Clod : if stuart is so good why was he a healthy scratch for 8 games in a row. dont get me wrong i expect clod to put the best team he can on the ice he had many chances to sit Kampfer and play stuart i question the timing of his decison more than anything.
    Posted by fourrings

Based on your previous reply I should ignore you but I wouldn't have said it unless I was expecting some flack so cheers! 

I think we have to keep in mind that he's going to be a free agent...perhaps it's showcase time with Kampfer on the outside looking in...

Sections
Shortcuts