Classless Shab fans!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Classless Shab fans!

They wonder why they are hated so much. At least Tomas Plekanec stayed classy telling Chara he was sorry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Classless Shab fans!

When you are in 12th place you need something to cheer for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Classless Shab fans!:
    [QUOTE]They wonder why they are hated so much. At least Tomas Plekanec stayed classy telling Chara he was sorry.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Should the Habs go on and lose those fans will probably protest at the Bell Centre post-game that Chara had the nerve to purposely put his face in front of the puck to block the clearing attempt making the injury his own fault.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

My wife: "Are those f-ers cheering? I need some ice cream."

Classic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans!:[QUOTE]In Response to Classless Shab fans! : Should the Habs go on and lose those fans will probably protest at the Bell Centre post-game that Chara had the nerve to purposely put his face in front of the puck to block the clearing attempt making it his own fault. Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

My man RHO LMAO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans!:
    [QUOTE]My wife: "Are those f-ers cheering? I need some ice cream." Classic.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Even the TSN announcers commented on the low class nature of cheering an injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : My man RHO LMAO!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

They have a warped sense of themselves and their club, bro.  Like it's a Hab world and everyone else just visits it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : Even the TSN announcers commented on the low class nature of cheering an injury.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Complete ignorance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Yep. It was classless. Never happens in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

The ONLY time I remember Bruins fans cheering an opponents injury was when Kenny Belanger ran Ulfie into the boards down in the corner.....Ulfie got up all slow and bloody....crowd went wild.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Sissy fans for a sissy team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I doubt anyone's denying this sort of display happens elsewhere.  Folks are directing their attention specifically to tonight's response from Montreal fans in attendance at The Bell Centre as witnessed by anyone watching the game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt anyone's denying this sort of display happens elsewhere.  Folks are directing their attention specifically to tonight's response from The Bell Centre as witnessed by anyone watching the game. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    And it's not like "other people do it" is much of a defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : And it's not like "other people do it" is much of a defense.

Exactly, dez.  As stated by Kennedy above. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : Exactly, dez.  As stated by Kennedy above. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I don't like seeing any player get injured, Hab or otherwise. Poorly reffed game tonight BTW. Players on both teams had to be confused about some of the calls. Neither Kostitsyn nor Boychuk seemed guilty of interference. Take those hits out of the game and you're almost left with soccer or basketball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It keeps getting harder to decide who is more smarmy, classless and sissy... Vancouver or Montreal.

Wherever you visit last, I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : I don't like seeing any player get injured, Hab or otherwise. Poorly reffed game tonight BTW. Players on both teams had to be confused about some of the calls. Neither Kostitsyn nor Boychuk seemed guilty of interference. Take those hits out of the game and you're almost left with soccer or basketball.

True.  Add to that situation on some clubs in the league already have practioners of what's known in European football as simulation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : I don't like seeing any player get injured, Hab or otherwise. Poorly reffed game tonight BTW. Players on both teams had to be confused about some of the calls. Neither Kostitsyn nor Boychuk seemed guilty of interference. Take those hits out of the game and you're almost left with soccer or basketball.

Last week I was watching a Detroit game and then another... in every game there were "phantom" goalie interference calls.  I don't know if it goes all the way back to the Luccic/Miller thing, but it's clear this "point of emphasis" is being taken to the extreme of a girls' no-check league.

As you can probably tell by my avatar, I tend to stick up for the goalies, but this is embarrassing.  It's still hockey, right? The penalty on Patches was the worst, I think.

I'm not blaming the refs; this is on the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Yep. It was classless. Never happens in Boston.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

It is not sarcasm if we don't get it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Mason Raymond pot kettle Every fan base has its losers. Classless? Yes. Surprising after the Pac incident? Nope. Don't think many Habs fans would care if Chara got a serious injury and never played another game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I was surprised at the cheering..not just that..the level of cheering. This wasn't a handful of Habs fans..this was a good amount. I thought it was pretty classless. It's not like one of their players put a good hit on Chara..the puck to the face was both unintentional and potentially dangerous. Kudos to Plekanic for skating right over to see if he was okay. Too bad the fans could not have shown as much class.

Also..I disagree that it would happen in Boston. Sure there are some really dumb..classless fans..but I doubt you would hear the whole Garden cheering at something that was a freak accident involving any player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

as much as would like to agree with my bruins brethren, if matt cooke, pk subban or aaron rome were bloodied up in boston... there would be people to cheer it. sad but true. to be truthful, as long as the guy got up under his own power, i'd probably be cheering it also. just calling it like i see it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

When you have nothing to cheer for, you end up cheering because a player took a puck in the face.  We should write it of as a symptom of how miserable things are for Montreal fans right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I can see cheering if someone dishes out a clean hit. I'd probably be on my feet cheering if a Bruin laid out a solid hit on someone like Subban for example. I think cheering is more than acceptable as long as it's a clean hit and/or the player isn't injured.

I wouldn't have given it a second thought last night if the Canadiens fans were cheering a hit. I don't know how many were cheering because I was watching on tv and wasn't at the game but the cheers were loud and the cheers were coming for an injury. That's classless no matter who you root for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]When you have nothing to cheer for, you end up cheering because a player took a puck in the face.  We should write it of as a symptom of how miserable things are for Montreal fans right now.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    so i'm guessing you disagree with my post? i do understand that my scenario is hypothetical, but i'm fairly certain it would be the case. just as chara gets booed everytime he touches the puck in montreal, so does pk in boston.  every person here on this board would crack a beer and toast matt cooke's face being rearranged. and like i said, it would be different if they can't make it off the ice under their own power. sidenote: check out the jgb band w/ melvin, their coming your way in april. they'll be in my neck of the woods in march! can't wait

Sections
Shortcuts