Classless Shab fans!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Classless Shab fans!

In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans!:
    In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : so i'm guessing you disagree with my post? i do understand that my scenario is hypothetical, but i'm fairly certain it would be the case. just as chara gets booed everytime he touches the puck in montreal, so does pk in boston.  every person here on this board would crack a beer and toast matt cooke's face being rearranged. and like i said, it would be different if they can't make it off the ice under their own power. sidenote: check out the jgb band w/ melvin, their coming your way in april. they'll be in my neck of the woods in march! can't wait
    Posted by adkbeesfan

If I were at a game and Matt Cooke took a puck to the face and someone was cheering I'd call him out on it. It is disgusting. Absolutely classless. Cheering a big hit that results in a player getting up slowly, go crazy. Cheering a hit where a player doesn't get up and is clearly injured, classless. No one should EVER cheer someone getting hurt.

I would be absolutely disgusted to be grouped in with a fanbase that did that. Thankfully I can't remember a time someone cheered for an injury to a player.

Also PK gets booed as a result of Chara getting booed. I can't remember PK getting booed prior to the Chara boos.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : If I were at a game and Matt Cooke took a puck to the face and someone was cheering I'd call him out on it. It is disgusting. Absolutely classless. Cheering a big hit that results in a player getting up slowly, go crazy. Cheering a hit where a player doesn't get up and is clearly injured, classless. No one should EVER cheer someone getting hurt. I would be absolutely disgusted to be grouped in with a fanbase that did that. Thankfully I can't remember a time someone cheered for an injury to a player. Also PK gets booed as a result of Chara getting booed. I can't remember PK getting booed prior to the Chara boos.
    Posted by lambda13

did you watch the game? chara got up, and skated off under his own power. he "got up slowly", so according to you they SHOULD "go crazy". i did make this distinction in my post.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : so i'm guessing you disagree with my post? i do understand that my scenario is hypothetical, but i'm fairly certain it would be the case. just as chara gets booed everytime he touches the puck in montreal, so does pk in boston.  every person here on this board would crack a beer and toast matt cooke's face being rearranged. and like i said, it would be different if they can't make it off the ice under their own power. sidenote: check out the jgb band w/ melvin, their coming your way in april. they'll be in my neck of the woods in march! can't wait
    Posted by adkbeesfan

ADK, it depends on how a player gets injured. I don't like seeing anyone get drilled in the face with a puck. Thanks for the JGB heads-up.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Bruins+Chara+disappointed+boos+after+injury/6159908/story.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Maybe its possible with Matt Cooke, but I still don't think it would be so many of the fans cheering, just the boors who throw stuff on the ice.  Montreal fans are notoriously emotional.

To Dez's point, it would be one thing to cheer a big Bruin hit, even is it injured the player.  I get that.  The cheering is kind of celebrating your team too.  But to cheer a errant puck hitting a player in the face, is just dumb.  It has not meaning for your team and you're just taking joy in a frightening injury to another player.

Tell me about this band...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

The ONLY time I remember Bruins fans cheering an opponents injury was when Kenny Belanger ran Ulfie into the boards down in the corner.....Ulfie got up all slow and bloody....crowd went wild.
    Posted by TurkS16

Never gets old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtft3L6FvmY

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : Maybe its possible with Matt Cooke, but I still don't think it would be so many of the fans cheering, just the boors who throw stuff on the ice.  Montreal fans are notoriously emotional. To Dez's point, it would be one thing to cheer a big Bruin hit, even is it injured the player.  I get that.  The cheering is kind of celebrating your team too.  But to cheer a errant puck hitting a player in the face, is just dumb.  It has not meaning for your team and you're just taking joy in a frightening injury to another player. Tell me about this band...
    Posted by Fletcher1

it wouldn't even be wrong if it was cooke. he's got it coming. anyways, jgb band is melvin seals (hammond organ player w/ jerry's jerry garcia band), stu allen(best jerry guy going hands down), jerry's back up singers, and couple others. go to archives.org and check out free down loads. they are un freakin' believable! they do most of their touring out your way. go to jgbband.com to get tour dates. DON'T MISS THEM!!!! you'll regret it. listen to the 20 minute sugaree OPENER they played in saratoga, ny @ putnam's den in oct 2010. if that doesn't peak your interest...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Classless Shab fans! : it wouldn't even be wrong if it was cooke. he's got it coming. anyways, jgb band is melvin seals (hammond organ player w/ jerry's jerry garcia band), stu allen(best jerry guy going hands down), jerry's back up singers, and couple others. go to archives.org and check out free down loads. they are un freakin' believable! they do most of their touring out your way. go to jgbband.com to get tour dates. DON'T MISS THEM!!!! you'll regret it. listen to the 20 minute sugaree OPENER they played in saratoga, ny @ putnam's den in oct 2010. if that doesn't peak your interest...
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I would love to have Cooke get hammered, and injured, by a hit from a Bruins player.  Having him take an errant puck to the face wouldn't do much for me.

Band sounds sweet -- I will check it out and see if I can swing it.

Sections
Shortcuts