Claude is locked in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude is locked in

OK Bruins fans, the team is playing DEFENSE and Claude is smiling. He will now play Paille in place of Seguin. Give me a break!! When Looch went off for 7 minutes, Paille took his slot and was invisable. Don't like to pick on Paille since it was Claude's decision to sit Seguin The PP is doing zero, Recchi cannot get close to the tip-in area anymore, but that's where Claude puts him??? Ryder floats, leaving Kelly and Peverly as a two man line, and Claude put's Ryder On the PP. Granted, Ryder should help, but, he doesn't. On hockey skills, Paille is well ahead of Thornton, but Thornton is out there every single game. Plus with all that ice time he still cannot handle the puck and regularly coughs it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Claude is locked in

In Response to Claude is locked in:
    [QUOTE]OK Bruins fans, the team is playing DEFENSE and Claude is smiling. He will now play Paille in place of Seguin. Give me a break!! When Looch went off for 7 minutes, Paille took his slot and was invisable. Don't like to pick on Paille since it was Claude's decision to sit Seguin The PP is doing zero, Recchi cannot get close to the tip-in area anymore, but that's where Claude puts him??? Ryder floats, leaving Kelly and Peverly as a two man line, and Claude put's Ryder On the PP. Granted, Ryder should help, but, he doesn't. On hockey skills, Paille is well ahead of Thornton, but Thornton is out there every single game. Plus with all that ice time he still cannot handle the puck and regularly coughs it up.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

you do know they won the game, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Agree the power play is horrible and giving Seguin a chance is a good idea.

However, 7-0.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Wow I had to listen to most of last night's game on the radio, including the great work of the Penalty Killers.  It sounded like Bergy, Boychuck and Chara played almost the full 5 on 3 but I thought it was with incredible foresight that CJ chose this game to play Paille.  I was thinking at the time that I would have to come on here and submit a Mea Cupa for questioning the decision in the first place.  I think Brickley said either before the game or between intermissions, that you don't want any of your guys sitting for too long or they won't be effective when you need them.  Well you give Paille a game where he has a real shot at being a factor, against a team which has all the skill in the world to expose your young guy AND on top of that Seguin can sit in the box and really focus on how Stamkos and St Louis work the ice to create scoring opportunities.  WIN, WIN, WIN! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

seven in a row w/o a dominant power play? sounds good to me- wait til' they start lighting up the pp...this team will be scary good! best 5 on 5 team in the nhl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Blah Blah Blah Blah

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Clod is brain dead. I wish I could say end of story , but it is not.

Clod sits Seg for Pail, Ok I get it Pail needs some time to stay focused.

The thing is he is not sitting Thorn the worst player on the team by far, not even close.

Last night, Thorn mad a play for Downie and just barely touched him , not sure if he did, Downie's acting was very good.  After he misses Downie he skates to center does a slow stop and turn and then glides, yes he freakin glides back to the D zone, if you watch the replay which I seen way too many times, you can see him on his loafers gliding into the picture when TB scores, about 26' back of him.

Now if Clod sees anyone else do this they would be sitting, Seg would have not seen another shift. Not only does this idiot play him, he gets an absolutely stupid 10min misc for trying to fight a guy that is never going to drop the gloves.  Ok, so he tried to tune in a freak that won't drop the gloves, so with his time he does not see another shift in the 2nd. The 3rd comes and he sees 5 shifts including 1 in the last 5 mins for a freakin minute with the score tied. This idiot Clod is winning despite his ineptitude at coaching, the team has such talent and depth they are going to win more than they lose by far but Clod is not going to take them to the promised land in a seven game series when the opposition adapts and he can adapt to the adaptation as per the last 2 years.

I hope the talent is better than I think so we can have the cup despite Clod.

Yes Clod is locked in, there is no swivel to his head, Homer just sees jelly exactly what is in his head.

Great game to watch last night B's hard work pays off.  Reffing was a joke, can see why TB gets more PP than anyone in the league.  Downie steers Camp into the net and when he is down in the net, he whacks him a couple of times to the helmet thru the net, I couldn,t believe this was not commented on, then he pulss him out of the net and acts his usual idiot self and for all this he does not even get a minor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Glad to see others notice Thornton's lack of skill. He was playing to the home crowd as I noted earlier. The refs were unavailable frequently. does anyone else think that Seguin/Campbell/Paille would be a better line than any combo with Thornton. Thornton is a good guy, but zero skill and not very much hockey smarts as we are seeing with kelly and Peverly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Claude is locked in:
    [QUOTE]Glad to see others notice Thornton's lack of skill. He was playing to the home crowd as I noted earlier. The refs were unavailable frequently. does anyone else think that Seguin/Campbell/Paille would be a better line than any combo with Thornton. Thornton is a good guy, but zero skill and not very much hockey smarts as we are seeing with kelly and Peverly.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Nope. People don't try to take liberties with Seguin when Thornton is out on the ice. Don't see Campbell or Paille taking on a goon (Don't want them either. They could get hurt). Thornton protects Seguin out there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Clod is brain dead. I wish I could say end of story , but it is not. Clod sits Seg for Pail, Ok I get it Pail needs some time to stay focused. The thing is he is not sitting Thorn the worst player on the team by far, not even close. Last night, Thorn mad a play for Downie and just barely touched him , not sure if he did, Downie's acting was very good.  After he misses Downie he skates to center does a slow stop and turn and then glides, yes he freakin glides back to the D zone, if you watch the replay which I seen way too many times, you can see him on his loafers gliding into the picture when TB scores, about 26' back of him. Now if Clod sees anyone else do this they would be sitting, Seg would have not seen another shift. Not only does this idiot play him, he gets an absolutely stupid 10min misc for trying to fight a guy that is never going to drop the gloves.  Ok, so he tried to tune in a freak that won't drop the gloves, so with his time he does not see another shift in the 2nd. The 3rd comes and he sees 5 shifts including 1 in the last 5 mins for a freakin minute with the score tied. This idiot Clod is winning despite his ineptitude at coaching, the team has such talent and depth they are going to win more than they lose by far but Clod is not going to take them to the promised land in a seven game series when the opposition adapts and he can adapt to the adaptation as per the last 2 years. I hope the talent is better than I think so we can have the cup despite Clod. Yes Clod is locked in, there is no swivel to his head, Homer just sees jelly exactly what is in his head. Great game to watch last night B's hard work pays off.  Reffing was a joke, can see why TB gets more PP than anyone in the league.  Downie steers Camp into the net and when he is down in the net, he whacks him a couple of times to the helmet thru the net, I couldn,t believe this was not commented on, then he pulss him out of the net and acts his usual idiot self and for all this he does not even get a minor.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this. Thornton should have been the one to sit. It is not like TB has any fighters or Shawn has been lighing the lamp of late. He barely played, tried to fight Kubina, skated by players instead of hitting them, barely touched the puck, and was on the ice for the only TB goal despite limited ice-time....ugh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Glad to see others notice Thornton's lack of skill. He was playing to the home crowd as I noted earlier. The refs were unavailable frequently. does anyone else think that Seguin/Campbell/Paille would be a better line than any combo with Thornton. Thornton is a good guy, but zero skill and not very much hockey smarts as we are seeing with kelly and Peverly.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

i think NAS was the 1st one to start talking about this. you see a lot more posters who would like to see this line, myself included.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

just read Bruins Blog where Claude's comment about 4th line "IDENTITY", is why Paille is playing and Seguin is sitting, was soundly panned by every comment from Bruins fans. Every comment alluded to Claude's stupidity. This is a good team. There is no need for Thornton's lack of skills. Only Claude's misguided decisions will disrupt solid results.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Glad to see others notice Thornton's lack of skill. He was playing to the home crowd as I noted earlier. The refs were unavailable frequently. does anyone else think that Seguin/Campbell/Paille would be a better linethan any combo with Thornton. Thornton is a good guy, but zero skill and not very much hockey smarts as we are seeing with kelly and Peverly.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

They will be, come playoff time.  Don't worry, Thornton will be in the press box come second season.  Remember, these games don't really matter.  CJ likes Thornton, sometimes it's hard to understand why.  So, he rewards him for his dirty work, feeds him games while he can.   Thornton will not see the ice in the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

I'd love to see Seguin with Looch and Horton for a few shifts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude is locked in : Nope. People don't try to take liberties with Seguin when Thornton is out on the ice. Don't see Campbell or Paille taking on a goon (Don't want them either. They could get hurt). Thornton protects Seguin out there. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

What the heck are you talkin about, take liberties with Seg, the 2 of them hardly played together of late until these recent trades, Seg was seeing better ice time with Wheel and Ryd.

I guess that is Clod's view too, noone will take liberties withSeg if he is in the pressbox.

Clod is a blustering flubbering fool, I just hope we are better than him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude is locked in : They will be, come playoff time.  Don't worry, Thornton will be in the press box come second season.  Remember, these games don't really matter.  CJ likes Thornton, sometimes it's hard to understand why.  So, he rewards him for his dirty work, feeds him games while he can.   Thornton will not see the ice in the playoffs.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it but barring injury Thornton and Paille will almost certainly be in the lineup instead of Seguin come playoff time. It is Julien's way and he better be right....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if clode is a "blustering flubbering fool", then how blustering blubbering fooly are the other 27 coaches in the league, that are behind HIM and THE BRUINS in the standings? the must be blibbety blabbety bloobety fooly- they let in more goals and all but 4 teams score more that our blustering flubbering fool's team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]if clode is a "blustering flubbering fool", then how blustering blubbering fooly are the other 27 coaches in the league, that are behind HIM and THE BRUINS in the standings? the must be blibbety blabbety bloobety fooly- they let in more goals and all but 4 teams score more that our blustering flubbering fool's team.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the B's are a well built team and would probably do well playing any style or system. I do see what you are saying though and agree. He is a good systems coach which is why his teams do well in the regular season where a team will do well if they stick to their program.

The playoffs are a different animal altogether and the key is adaptability and flexibility. This year is Julien's time to prove he can do this....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

name the other team in the nhl that is a "system" team---- anyone....oh yeah the wings. the b's are building a team philosophy, personal stats be damned. that's why kessel didn't fit in. EVERYONE sacrifices for the team- that's what we are seeing. it doesn't happen overnite- but it is HAPPENING, before our very eyes.  i can only hope the B's become the model of consistency the wings have been for the past 10-15 years... a couple cups would be nice taboot- ok  lets get 1 first, then go from there 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

THORNTON SERVES A PUPOSE ! tEAMS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM IN THEIR LINEUP. Small cap hit and always there to fight for our more talented players.

I'd rather see Thornton in the box than Lucic. Case closed !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude is locked in : Hate to say it but barring injury Thornton and Paille will almost certainly be in the lineup instead of Seguin come playoff time. It is Julien's way and he better be right....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Bruins' 4th line has been best in the league all season long ! Where have you been ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tonypub. Show Tonypub's posts

Seguin is really going to get playing time in the playoffs?  I doubt that - rookie, not great defense... cards stacked against him.  Doubt he'll be in the press box, but can't see him getting much ice time.

Lot of Thornton haters here.  I don't have a problem with him and he is a great entertainer.  Was at the game last night and when he dropped the gloves against the Tampa skater, I thought the roof was going to come down.... (Tampa didn't take the challenge though).  He's a 4th liner, not a skill guy and a lot of Campbell's success this season has been because of the room Thornton creates for him.... thats been the most consistent line all season and they're not required to put up points.  All about the E N E R G Y.  Leave it alone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Claude is locked in:
    [QUOTE]OK Bruins fans, the team is playing DEFENSE and Claude is smiling. He will now play Paille in place of Seguin. Give me a break!! When Looch went off for 7 minutes, Paille took his slot and was invisable. Don't like to pick on Paille since it was Claude's decision to sit Seguin The PP is doing zero, Recchi cannot get close to the tip-in area anymore, but that's where Claude puts him??? Ryder floats, leaving Kelly and Peverly as a two man line, and Claude put's Ryder On the PP. Granted, Ryder should help, but, he doesn't. On hockey skills, Paille is well ahead of Thornton, but Thornton is out there every single game. Plus with all that ice time he still cannot handle the puck and regularly coughs it up.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't see an issue with interchanging Paille/Seguin.  Also, Seguin probably isn't going to make or break this team's PP right now.

Seguin is coming along fine as a very young kid playing a man's game.  I have no issue with him being bumped to deepen the roster, with newly added players like Kelly and Peverley, both of whom have the experience.

Those two HAVE to play since they were acquired for a reason.

I actually like Paille to some degree because he has experience, some speed and can take a draw here or there for Campbell.

In other words, he's more polished and has versatility.

Look at it this way:

In 1998/1999 team had Joe Thornton, as raw as he was, got experience pretty much all year on the 4th line, but he was out of place there anyway.  The reality was, that was a terrible 4th line, which meant that team wasn't deep enough.

Seguin has gained valuable experience this year, but I'd much rather have a settled 4th line that is as good or better than than the better team's 4th line.

Philly is a good example. They can roll 4 lines and pretty much not miss a beat.

Boston is similar, but I'd like to see the players who will be there when playoff time comes around. 

I also cannot figure out why people slam Thornton. He's a 4th line winger with 10 goals and the resident enforcer. He does a good job with energy, physical play, etc.  At least Thornton is a threat to score a goal on the 4th line. As is Paille.

Seguin will either be expected to a Center here next year or the guy who is supposed to replace Ryder's 20 goals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude is locked in : THORNTON SERVES A PUPOSE ! tEAMS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM IN THEIR LINEUP. Small cap hit and always there to fight for our more talented players. I'd rather see Thornton in the box than Lucic. Case closed !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

I don't dislike Thornton, but let's not pretend Lucic is the only other option.  We have McQuaid, Campbell, Ference, Horton, and probably another one or two who i have forgotten that have dropped the gloves this season.  If McQuaid, Campbell and Ference fought the rest of our fights this season, I don't think anyone looks at us as a weak or vulnerable team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Noone dislikes Thornton. He's  a great guy who lives breathes and bleeds black and gold. He is not a skilled hockey player. He mishandles every puck that comes near him; he cannot turn in less than 20 feet; he waves his stick around with no objective; he regularly bloops pucks into the other team's zone so they regain possession. There are better hockey players available to the Bruins. There is no need for Thornton, and his play is a detriment. Just replace Thornton with Kelly or Recchi, and put Seguin on a line with Bergeron or Peverly. This adds speed, skill, and hockey capability to all four lines. Claude would probably be totally confused as to which line was the best.

Sections
Shortcuts