CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better!

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better!:
    In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : Nite, I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like the nerves got the best of them last night. Even on the simplest of plays they weren't making good enough passes. The puck seemed to be like a hand grenade to some of B's last night. If a Bruins player was able to keep the puck from bouncing past them, it seemed like most guys were in too much of a hurry to get rid of it again. So afraid to make a mistake that they...........made mistakes. They weren't able to able to win on the road again but many positives can still be taken from that game. Most important is the fact that Boston played poorly and still only lost 1-0 . Fortunately, effort is the simplest thing to fix. These same jokers that are yapping about CJ's coaching style are pretty quick to forget the 12 goals scored in games 4 and 5. Do they really think that CJ goes into the room and says "alright guys, that's enough of the goal scoring. It's time to quit trying to outscore people.........and if I see even one of you finishing your checks I swear I'm gonna................"?     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

If the bruins lose this series it prooves they are the same team from the past that had panic attacks in big spots. Claudes ice time mins expecialy will be questioned IF they don't win this. I hope its all forgot and the bruins go onto win it but last nights game very disgusting the lack of effort and agression shown by the bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better!:
    In Response to CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : Claude's gameplan was much to conservative again last night. Sit back & wait for the Canucks to make a mistake. Campbell on the PP? Looks like Claude is at the point of just hoping to get through a PP without getting scored on. Brutal coaching right there last night. But the comment on Luongo I disagree with. He played very well. When the Bs are hitting him with the puck means he is in great position & that is why he is so good when he is on. Is it just me or does it appear when Thomas gets a shutout it is all him. But when Luongo gets a shutout "well the Bruins were not really testing him." Or when Thomas plays well it is all him but when he doesn't it is the defenceman's fault. Thomas has played very good in this final but the Bs defence (Chara & Seidenberg especially) are really making it hard for Vancouver to get to the net & making Thomas's life much easier. Some of the goals Vancouver have scored in there wins are taking advantage of Thomas' agressiveness. Just like last night.   Thomas has been very good in the finalsother then being to agressive on a couple of huge goals but it is kind of annoying how when things go well he gets all the credit & when things go bad it is not his fault. Or when Luongo plays well it is because the Bruins never tested him. I just feel it is kind of hypocritical. 
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Newf, I will agree that the play of Chara and Seidenberg is being lost in the glare of TT's spotlight. I have no problems with last night's goal. With his aggression, you take the good with the bad. The good has us 2 wins from the Cup and the "bad" still keeps the team in a very winnable 1-0 game. His aggression helped get us here. I don't want it to stop now. In fact, I wish the rest of the team remembered that they still needed to be aggressive too. Bottom line is I have trouble believing a goalie can be at all questioned after a 1-0 game in the finals. TT has given up 6 goals in 5  games. This tells me he's given the team a chance to win every night.
        GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

It'd help if we could ACTUALLY put the puck in the net from point blank range

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It'd help if we could ACTUALLY put the puck in the net from point blank range
    Posted by Hockguy0818

Hock, what's really frustrating is watching them score 12 in 120 minutes at home while only scoring 2 in 180 minutes on the road. It's feast or famine right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : Hock, what's really frustrating is watching them score 12 in 120 minutes at home while only scoring 2 in 180 minutes on the road. It's feast or famine right now.     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

I agree. What I was referencing was what's happened in all 3 games in Vancouver. I've lost count of all the attempts we've had FROM POINT BLANK RANGE that we've failed to light the lamp. Especially during that long stretch (forget what period) where we tired their D, Luongo lost his stick, and we kept the puck in their zone and had numerous chances from point blank range, with the net partially wide open. I almost through a brick at my tv...unbelievable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : I agree. What I was referencing was what's happened in all 3 games in Vancouver. I've lost count of all the attempts we've had FROM POINT BLANK RANGE that we've failed to light the lamp. Especially during that long stretch (forget what period) where we tired their D, Luongo lost his stick, and we kept the puck in their zone and had numerous chances from point blank range, with the net partially wide open. I almost through a brick at my tv...unbelievable.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

I don't recall it happening this way.  The only "point blank" shot I can remember that was turned aside came off the stick of Bergeron on a different play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : I agree. What I was referencing was what's happened in all 3 games in Vancouver. I've lost count of all the attempts we've had FROM POINT BLANK RANGE that we've failed to light the lamp. Especially during that long stretch (forget what period) where we tired their D, Luongo lost his stick, and we kept the puck in their zone and had numerous chances from point blank range, with the net partially wide open. I almost through a brick at my tv...unbelievable.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

Boychuk had a similar chance in the 1st but ended up putting it off Seguin's backside. Van should get some credit for clogging up the shooting lanes and still giving Luongo good looks at the shooters. I agree though. In the slot it seemed guys were either hitting Luongo in the chest or firing wide. It was frutrating but I expect the real Bruins to be back on Monday at home. Damn, I just remembered the chance that Chara blasted wide from the high slot. I've got to block that game out(just as the Bruins need to).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : Newf, I will agree that the play of Chara and Seidenberg is being lost in the glare of TT's spotlight. I have no problems with last night's goal. With his aggression, you take the good with the bad. The good has us 2 wins from the Cup and the "bad" still keeps the team in a very winnable 1-0 game. His aggression helped get us here. I don't want it to stop now. In fact, I wish the rest of the team remembered that they still needed to be aggressive too. Bottom line is I have trouble believing a goalie can be at all questioned after a 1-0 game in the finals. TT has given up 6 goals in 5  games. This tells me he's given the team a chance to win every night.     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

He certainly has. My whole point though is that we can't forget the great performance some of the other guys on this team have put in over the past couple of months. (Seidenberg, Chara, Ference, Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand & Horton) and that sometimes you have to say the other team deserved some props.

Lat night the Canucks played a solid game from Luongo on out. The Bs had a very tough time getting to the net & Luongo made the initial saves. Sometimes we dwell on how the Bs played without given credit to the other team. The Canucks answered the bell last night in a pressure game & I feel the Bs will on Monday night to force game 7.

I just don't like the mentality sometimes of if we win it is simply because of Thomas but if we lose it is because of the forwrds or defence. I think it is unfair to some other guys who have played there hearts out without getting the credit (At least on CBC & WEEI) that Thomas has got.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Claude is a horrid in game adjuster as a coach he does know he has a timeout he can use right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

Plain and simple... yes, the Bruins did not play their best but it is his choice to put skilled players on the ice for his power play (0-4). So since that is a coaches decision, it does have to do with Claude. To not put this kid out there at this point is just rediculous. We have lost 3 times by one goal. You think Campbell is a better option?!? If your answer is yes, then your a clown and if it no then you were not thinking when you sent this post.  

In Response to CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : Complete BS...Bruins played layed an egg, played their worst game and lost by only 1 goal.  This had nothig to do with CJ's style...it had to do with Bruins playing vancouver's style...They did not forcheck, they played like they were ahead in the series.  They will win in Boston and will realize what it takes to win in vancouver....Game 7 will be a blowout.
    Posted by dbg1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Plain and simple... yes, the Bruins did not play their best but it is his choice to put skilled players on the ice for his power play (0-4). So since that is a coaches decision, it does have to do with Claude. To not put this kid out there at this point is just rediculous. We have lost 3 times by one goal. You think Campbell is a better option?!? If your answer is yes, then your a clown and if it no then you were not thinking when you sent this post.   In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! :
    Posted by ryder73

The coach sure thinks it was a great move!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : Claude's gameplan was much to conservative again last night. Sit back & wait for the Canucks to make a mistake. Campbell on the PP? Looks like Claude is at the point of just hoping to get through a PP without getting scored on. Brutal coaching right there last night. But the comment on Luongo I disagree with. He played very well. When the Bs are hitting him with the puck means he is in great position & that is why he is so good when he is on. Is it just me or does it appear when Thomas gets a shutout it is all him. But when Luongo gets a shutout "well the Bruins were not really testing him." Or when Thomas plays well it is all him but when he doesn't it is the defenceman's fault. Thomas has played very good in this final but the Bs defence (Chara & Seidenberg especially) are really making it hard for Vancouver to get to the net & making Thomas's life much easier. Some of the goals Vancouver have scored in there wins are taking advantage of Thomas' agressiveness. Just like last night.   Thomas has been very good in the finals other then being to agressive on a couple of huge goals but it is kind of annoying how when things go well he gets all the credit & when things go bad it is never his fault. Or when Luongo plays well it is because the Bruins never tested him. I just feel it is kind of hypocritical. You can't just give one guy all credit because of the jersey he is wearing. Luongo was very good last night as was the Vancouver defence who did a great job of boxing out the Bs & preventing them from getting to the front of the net for rebounds & screens. Also, as much as I hate to say it but Lapierre was a force in the 3rd period last night. Sometimes as a fan you have to tip your hat to the other team as well. 
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Newfie?
    I depending on who you listen to about what they mean about not testing Luongo. When you look at the 8-1 win. TT had 40 saves in that game with a lot of them being point blank. Mason Raymond getting 2 cracks as an example. I know Luongo played well last night; but in comparison to the type of chances that the B's had in games 3 & 4? There's no comparison. With the exception of maybe Bergeron's chance those kinds of chances were few & far between. The goal Marchand scored in game 4 where Bergeron beat two Canucks down low & March got body position on Ballard in front of the net. Those types of chances didn't happen as much last night. For two reasons. 1) The Canucks did a better job in their own end & 2) they out worked the Bruins in pretty much all areas. Not all of us are necessarily taking anything away from Bobby Luo. He played well when he had to; but the quality of chances was not the same.

And as far as TT getting burned on his aggresiveness? The guy is one of the smallest goalies in the league. He's not 6 3" like Luongo. He can't play in the blue paint. He needs to be agressive to take away the shot that the shooter thinks he had. TT's aggressivenes is to make up for a weakness. In this case his size. He cant just drop to the butterfly & have the puck hit him in the shoulder. He needs to come out to take that space away. If he didn't we'd be complaining that he plays too deep in his net. Remember Felix Potivin's weakness?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

People need glasses if they think Luango made asaves that weren't easy. Kelly hit the cross bar was Luangos best save he made. Pretty easy when the bruins shoot it right at him or miss the net completly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

After every loss the coach gets fired in this forum from 20 people.Can't blame Thomas so lets blame the coach. Typical talk from people who don't know what they are talking about. Two wins away from a Stanley Cup...must be doing something right

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

After every loss the coach gets fired in this forum from 20 people.Can't blame Thomas so lets blame the coach. Typical talk from people who don't know what they are talking about. Two wins away from a Stanley Cup...must be doing something right
    Posted by kelvana33

Yea 14 Mins for Campbell claude cleary knows what he is doing......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

clod is a good coach, there is no denying it, he will never be a great coach, I don't care if they win the cup, he will never be considered one of the chess masters of the game of hockey.

1st 10:43 of game 5, 4th line
    Camp 4 shifts 4:03 ice time
    Pail 3 shifts 1:48 ice time
    Thorn 3 shifts 2:00 mins
    all before Seg sees his first shift.

Kelly 3 shifts  2:16 his linemate
    Rec 5 shifts 3:31
    Ryd 4 Shifts 3:08 his linemate

The rest of the forwards all seen 4 shifts as well.

I realise there were 2 penalties. One of the announcers said clod was mixing it up to keep some guys fresher.  Fresher, you keep the freshest guy on the bench off of the anemic PP and sub in a 4th liner to kill the PP, just awesome.
    As many noted great at playing not to lose, which is not near the same as playing to win.

The B's still have a good chance to win, it is just frustrating to watch a stagnant approach to a game in the SC playoffs, I thought we were done with this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

This is easy. The PP sucks. Julien has coached this team to the SCF with a terrible PP. He is not terrible, this is coming from someone who would have gladly seen Neely behind the bench midseason. Julien has a full vote of confidence from me right now. It's worked in Boston since he has been here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : I don't recall it happening this way.  The only "point blank" shot I can remember that was turned aside came off the stick of Bergeron on a different play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

and Ryder also had one in the 2nd period last game.  It hit Luongo but if you were watching on CBC it was another great save by Luongo.

As for Julien all I heard him say before game5 was "we got to keep coming hard at them"  to me that does not sound like ,  let's hang back and play D.

I agree the team was too careful in my books , less than games1-2 but still not the way I think they can play.
    Game6 the Bruins will play a strong game and I can see them crushing Vancouver. Hopefully crush their spirit also.

Game7 Vancouver might be a little over confident with their home ice.  I don't think they'll expect what the Bruins have in store for them and the Bruins will bring their game . 
    No more being careful , it'll be all out hockey. If luck is on the Bruins side this time and they play the way I think they will,  Bruins will win the cup!

Is that positive enough for you LUCICmilan ?  Will this help you feel better ?
    You've lost it for nothing. 
    The Bruins will bring the Canucks the best team in hockey this season to a game 7 and you're all freaking out ???
    I've been waiting 30+ years for the cup and I like any other Bruins fans really want to see a cup win but in the end what the Bruins have done this season and how far they have gotten to me they're already winners.
    GO BRUINS !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : and Ryder also had one in the 2nd period last game.  It hit Luongo but if you were watching on CBC it was another great save by Luongo. As for Julien all I heard him say before game5 was "we got to keep coming hard at them"  to me that does not sound like ,  let's hang back and play D. I agree the team was too careful in my books , less than games1-2 but still not the way I think they can play. Game6 the Bruins will play a strong game and I can see them crushing Vancouver. Hopefully crush their spirit also. Game7 Vancouver might be a little over confident with their home ice.  I don't think they'll expect what the Bruins have in store for them and the Bruins will bring their game .  No more being careful , it'll be all out hockey. If luck is on the Bruins side this time and they play the way I think they will,  Bruins will win the cup! Is that positive enough for you LUCICmilan ?  Will this help you feel better ? You've lost it for nothing.  The Bruins will bring the Canucks the best team in hockey this season to a game 7 and you're all freaking out ??? I've been waiting 30+ years for the cup and I like any other Bruins fans really want to see a cup win but in the end what the Bruins have done this season and how far they have gotten to me they're already winners. GO BRUINS !!!!
    Posted by BsLegion

It will take a few days for me to settle down if we lose the cup to say it was a great season. We have made it this far the goal and expectation should be to win it. What troubles me the most isn't the fact the bruins lost that game its the way they didn't show up and how claude dished out his icetime is just baffling to me. The bruins were also out hit 47 to 27. Under Claude you come t expect no shows as we have seen many times but I wouldn't expect a total team no show (besides thomas) in game 5 of the cup finals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

How many times in the last 2 seasons have the bruins just looked out worked and not come ready to play? Whos job is it to get the players to play?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Whoa, did you miss Kelly hitting the crossbar and Sequin rattling off the goal post?  With just the slightest bit of luck those pucks are in and the Bruns win 2-1.  Even the Canucks goal was a fluke after the puck came off the boards at a wierd angle.  How is this Claude's fault?  Or anyone's fault.  Boston played good enough to win but the breaks went to Vancouver. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

So let's see, in game one, both teams played almost perfect hockey except the Bruins forgot to finish the last 20 sec. of the 3rd period.
    In game two, Thomas is so far out of net that Vancouver gets an easy O.T. game winner. I say the Bruins players perhaps deserved a little better from Thomas in that Overtime debacle. ( and you know TT was blaming himself for that one)
    Games three and four, the B's dominate, but that's not got nothing to do with good coaching.
    Game five comes along, and no one picks-up Lapierre, who scores a fluke goal. Not too mention the Canucks played stellar defense (give some credit were it's do).
    So it's the coaches fault when they lose. And only the players credit when they win. Hey Lucicmilan, try prozac, and get over it!
    GO BRUINS!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

don't get it...The bruins are in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Vancouver Canucks the coach is being questioned about the ice time of players. Greg Campbell got some ice and your upset. How do you know one of the other centers didnt go up to him and said he was dinged up and could only play so much? Do you know how many times a year that happens? Yeah it's the Finals, makes the probabilty of that happening even that much greater. You think they havent dedicated ample practice time to the power play? At some point the onus is on the players. they got out hit, I don't think Claude told them to cut back on the physical part of the game, do you? Your talking about something you know zero about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : The man has guided this team to AT LEAST the second to last possible game.  He must be doing something right.  If you are going to play the "in spite of Julien" card, you need to go watch golf.  Teams don't get this far with poor coaching. Take a breath.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

In 2003, Grady Little took the Sox to within six outs of the WS. That's the best season they had since 1986. That's when McNamara was ONE STRIKE away from winning it all that year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: CLAUDE JULIEN SUX PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! Thomas deserves better! : In 2003, Grady Little took the Sox to within six outs of the WS. That's the best season they had since 1986. That's when McNamara was ONE STRIKE away from winning it all that year.
    Posted by CubanPete

Think Claude would have taken pedro out?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

LUCICMilan17, Here's the deal:

I think every Bruins fan had a big cartoon question mark above their heads seeing Campbell get more PP time than Seguin (by a large margin.) I personally would love seeing Segs get more ice time in general.

But it's not his fault that the Bruins didn't hit hard and come at the Nucks in Game 5 the way the Nucks did to them. He can't be out on the ice making players' bodies to what they're supposed to do. At this juncture if the Bruins don;t know it takes extra effort and sacrifice to win they never will.

It was also not CJ's fault that Chris Kelly hit the crossbar when it was still a 0-0 game or that Bergeron put 2 right into Luong's gullet that should probably have been goals or that Luongo made a great save onn of Ryder's attempts.

In other words, your criticism of CJ as the sole reason you think the Bruins will lose the Cup is over the top. It's out of proportion to the reality of what happens on the ice.

As much as I wish he had put Seguin out for major minutes on those first 4 PP's, there's still no guarantee that would have resulted in goals. I think it gives them a better chance at that than Campbell, sure, butr again--it's not a lock.

Whatever his failings, the coach has the team 2 wins away from winning the Stanley Cup. It's still within reach. It very well could happen (I think it will). And you're within your rights to say if it does that it happened in spite of him...but that's probably only half true, and I would say more like 5-10%....b/c the thing we tend to forget about CJ's "style" and system is that it is designed and fits well w/the kind of team the Bruins have put together: defense first (you must admit the PK has been stellar); grinding, hard forechecking and hitting (that's up to the players to execute), and players making sure there aren't odd man rushes the other way if a Dman pinches in (again, this is for the players to execute.)

It's worked for the most part all year and it's gotten them where they are. I hope CJ has finally learned his lesson re: More Seguin...and yeah, i'll be ticked off also if I see Daniel Paille on the PP instead of him, but I'm still willing to trust in the things that got them this far--and will ultimately bring the Bruins the Stanley Cup when this series is over.

Go Bruins!!

Sections
Shortcuts