Claude Julien : you reap what you sow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

Claude Julien : you reap what you sow

Puck motion is a byproduct of positional discipline and trust.  CJ is behind the clinic.  This team, this TEAM, has a fantastic coach.  I read such great commentary on this board - some great analysis - but can we agree that Claude's work in the Stanley Cup playoffs deserves to be called out in nothing less than gushing terms?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Claude Julien : you reap what you sow

TRUE !!!!   Also, the Canucks are reaping the rewards of Entitlement...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

The crash from entitlement - oh how the mighty have fallen - but now they have a chance to have a moment that defines their legacy.  If that happens then this series will be historic - they are good at home - I know we are ready to grind and pay the price - this is something to behold!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Claude Julien : you reap what you sow:
    Puck motion is a byproduct of positional discipline and trust.  CJ is behind the clinic.  This team, this TEAM, has a fantastic coach.  I read such great commentary on this board - some great analysis - but can we agree that Claude's work in the Stanley Cup playoffs deserves to be called out in nothing less than gushing terms?
    Posted by bostonian128

Yeah, I spent a large portion of this season being called a homer(that was the most polite name I was called) because I stuck up for CJ and applauded the system that he had/has Boston playing. It's nice to see him finally being recognized as a good coach rather than the architect of the various meltdowns we were witness to in the last few years.It looks good on him and feels great as a fan. He's got the team in a best of 3 for the Cup. Every poster here would've been thrilled by this idea  in the preseason. Now here we are and it's awesome.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!  2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

CJ has done a great job, no question about that. And PC too. I'll eat my crow now, because I called for CJ's ouster earlier. I was wrong. He is obviously very, very good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agreed, and I mean, there is always some luck and variables involved.  If Montreal scores in overtime in game 7, Claude is gone and none of us care.

But there are a million different ways to evaluate a coach, and a million interpretations of who should get credit and blame for everything.

The fairest way, of course, is just to be judged on results.

Two more wins!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hold on.  Before we go naming mountain ranges after Julien, let's take a step back.  He hasn't scored on goal, he hasn't blocked one shot and he hasn't made one save.

He also hasn't won one Cup. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Can you think of a team less deserving of winning the Cup than Vancouver and a team more deserving than the B's right now?  It would sicken my stomach to see Burrows celebrating a series win with his boyfriend Lapierre.  The B's are playing with a laser focus:  Getting the puck out of the zone with little issue, gaining clean access into Vancouver's zone, and frustrating their attack to the point where Thomas is having a relatively easy time of it.  I love the fire in the belly and I love the way the B's are playing right now.  Claude Julien deserves all the credit in the world for the way they're showing up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

At least this time he move Pev up instead of Kell, his speed has looked good there.

He needs to get the PP consistant but he has the PK working wonders.

He is a good coach with a load of talent and things are going well, because of his system or despite it some times, but even with the cup I would never consider him a great coach. He has been as good as any he has faced, tho. Hopefully like TT he can, after he scoops the cup, say to all, I don't need anyone to tell me how to coach I am comfortable with myself and my system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Claude Julien : you reap what you sow:
    Claude Julien deserves all the credit in the world for the way they're showing up. 
    Posted by saxydogg77

Because without him, they'd be sleepwalking?  These are professional hockey players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I will say this: CJ has done a masterful job of making small adjustments when needed, and making none when the rest of us were shouting for change. HOWEVER, the lion's share of credit goes to the players themselves, and then Chiarelli for collecting a group of disciplined, hard-working, intelligent players.

Boston doesn't have this run if it weren't for Paille, Kelly, Campbell, Peverly, Seidenberg, Horton and Recchi. Smart players. Tons of giddyup. Good acquisitions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Not-A-Shot:

All NHL hockey players are professional.  All need a coach.  Claude is their coach and he's got them two wins from glory.  It's been a long time since the B's have been this close.  You seem to not want to give him any credit at all.  Are you sitting in that locker room?  Are any of us?  It's all about results, my man.  You've probably been calling for his head all year.  Good thing no one listened.

Sections
Shortcuts