Claude Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Re: Claude Julien

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

This is just crazy talk... let's ignore for a moment that CJ coached almost all of these players to a Cup just 2 years back AND he is the second winningest caoch in Bruins history, but you are pointing to moments in the game when you have no idea of the details of the situation. And Paille and Campbell was every bit as good as Marchand and Seguin last night!

This is something that you're posting all over the forum, NJ, but here's something you're forgetting:  If the #1 and #2 goal guys from last year are playing to the ability of fourth liners, there is a coaching problem.

It's easy to say "it's the coach's fault" NAS. Im with you about the ridiculous line pairings. But if the #1 and #2 goal guys from last year are playing in the same system as last year but to the ability of the 4th liners, how is that the coach's fault?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

This looks exactly like the same team that got bounced in the first round last year, why should the results be any different this year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

YOU DON'T SCORE AS EASILY FROM THE BLUE LINE AS YOU DO FROM CLOSER TO THE NET.

IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE BEST PLAY TO SEND IT BACK TO THE BLUE LINE.

DAVID KREJCI NEEDS TO LEARN THIS LESSON AND START TAKING SOME RESPONSIBILITY TO CREATE GOALS RATHER THAN ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS TAKING THE EASY PLAY BACK TO THE BLUE LINE.

DAVID KREJCI NEEDS TO LEARN THIS LESSON AND START TAKING SOME RESPONSIBILITY TO CREATE GOALS RATHER THAN ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS TAKING THE EASY PLAY BACK TO THE BLUE LINE.

Sometimes you have to keep repeating things to kind of catapult the propaganda. I am ok with this, however, as it's no more wasteful than repeating the same quoted replies over and over, so thank you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

It's easy to say "it's the coach's fault" NAS. Im with you about the ridiculous line pairings. But if the #1 and #2 goal guys from last year are playing in the same system as last year but to the ability of the 4th liners, how is that the coach's fault?

Accountability.  When guys blow, they keep playing.  Lucic's sleepwalk through much of this season has  earned him the same ice time as his hard play 2011.  When you're sucking, and your job remains the same, why stop sucking?

Look at Therrien in Montreal.  He's scratched most of that team at some point this season.  How many Bruins have felt the heavy hand due to their lack of energy, emotion, commitment, or effort?  Z-E-R-O.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

I can't really blame Claude for abandoning the Seguin-at-center experiment, assuming we are viewing every game as an important game where winning is the most important thing. Tyler will need several games (at least) to get comfortable with the defensive assignments. Perhaps he should be moved down to the Siberia line (3rd line) and allowed to play full PP time alongside Jagr until he gets there. Move Peverly with Marchand and Jagr on 5-on-5 duty. 

March-Pev-Jagr

Luc-Krejcibacktotheblueline-Hortzzzz

Pando-Seguin-Daugsies

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Course I'm always in favor of giving Paille some opportunities with various lines as well. He is among their most consistent forwards at this point and deserves the chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Side note, the ignore feature is wonderful. LOL. Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

This is just crazy talk... let's ignore for a moment that CJ coached almost all of these players to a Cup just 2 years back AND he is the second winningest caoch in Bruins history, but you are pointing to moments in the game when you have no idea of the details of the situation. And Paille and Campbell was evey bit as good as Marchand and Seguin last night!

Fair point about the Cup, he desrves credit for that.  That said, also the same guy that coached last year's 1st round exit to a #7 seed and the 2009-10 collapse against the Flyers. 

In fact, four of the five years that he has been here, the team has failed to make it out of the 2nd round; bounced twice in round 1 and twice in round two.

The question remains, where is the team headed?  Did CJ earn a lifetime appointment because of the Cup win?  When does tenure in role start to work against you as a leader?

This team is listless.  They do not initiate any longer.  The play that we are seeing now looks an awfult lot like the play of last year's playoff team.  Unacceptable to allow that to continue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

March-Pev-Jagr

Luc-Krejcibacktotheblueline-Hortzzzz

Pando-Seguin-Daugsies

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Blue: Incredibly funny stuff.  I read everything in my own voice.  When I read that, I heard Jack.

Red:  Awful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Look at Therrien in Montreal.  He's scratched most of that team at some point this season.  How many Bruins have felt the heavy hand due to their lack of energy, emotion, commitment, or effort?  Z-E-R-O.

Fair enough. This is one of the things about the NHL that I wish was more like the NFL. The guaranteed contracts in the NHL make it next to impossible to have leverage on underperforming players. I'd assume get players revolving up in the booth than throw the baby out with the bathwater. And thats just about enough out of you praising Therrien!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

Yeah I think i saw the "goon" Lucic  out there in the last minute making bad decisions and coughing the puck up as he did (does) every night.. or his linemate Horton who can't find the handle on an empty net and who ladida's every night.. ... which "goon" are you referring to?

Fire Julien.

The B's had control of the puck for the last minute in last night's game.  Which "last minute" are you referring to?

I agree.  Fire Julien.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

WOW. I think some of you are going overboard in here but oh well. So we lost to Montreal. Big freaking deal. Everyone is blaming the coach for the team losing. I say this all the time. We need to hold the players accountable for the way they play. The system has been in place for years now. They should know how to use it. As for the playing time going to other players then our most gifted players. Well. Maybe thats the way Julien is sending a message to his players. That if you are not going to play hard, then you wont get the minutes. YES, sometimes I question, Juliens moves. Yet thats why he is the NHL coach, and we are just a bunch of couch potatoes, crying about his moves. This guy won a cup for us since '72. Im happy. Move on. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to PAULICAS1975's comment:

WOW. I think some of you are going overboard in here but oh well. So we lost to Montreal. Big freaking deal. Everyone is blaming the coach for the team losing. I say this all the time. We need to hold the players accountable for the way they play. The system has been in place for years now. They should know how to use it. As for the playing time going to other players then our most gifted players. Well. Maybe thats the way Julien is sending a message to his players. That if you are not going to play hard, then you wont get the minutes. YES, sometimes I question, Juliens moves. Yet thats why he is the NHL coach, and we are just a bunch of couch potatoes, crying about his moves. This guy won a cup for us since '72. Im happy. Move on. 

No we don't.  Julien does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The most flagrant, among several glaring problems, was that wide cycle puck movement right through the last 30 seconds of the game with a 6 on 4.  No shots.  A stunning lack of awareness, when a go-for-broke net storming was obviously called for.  I can't come up with any decent excuse for that.

I'm not disagreeing to just disagree, but I don't understand how execution is the coaches fault. Did he not say "pretty please do your job"? The team lost puck battles, had dozens of turnovers, STILL don't go to the front of the net, and refused to shoot with the 6-4 advantage.. what is CJ to do about that?

What can the coach do about that? Bench the players that show no urgency.

This style of play is not new. The team has shown a disturbing malaise for quite awhile now.  Whether its a case of being in a slump, bad luck, being fat and happy with a contract, lazy, WHATEVER, if the players are not doing what you ask them to do you bench them or, if necessary, park them in the press box.

When a team is a goal down in the last 10 minutes and every guy who jumps over the boards flys to the net showing a sense of urgency that looks like a Game 7... and you lose... the coach just says, "good effort boys, we'll get them next time."

However, when even the most casual observer can see the team as a whole is demonstrating no emotional effort whatsoever, its time to start having personal conversations with each one in the coaches office, concluding with some people being very upset about being demoted, losing ice time and not dressing.  If you have to roll 2.5 lines because that's all the players you can get to engage, then so be it.

I'm not so concerned about the lack of physical play... I dont think you can force that... I'm infuriated by the complete lack of personal engagement. They look like they don't care, and thats on the coach. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to PAULICAS1975's comment:

No we don't.  Julien does.

This is exactly what I said, only in 5 words. Spot on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The goon was on the ice at 18:40 of the third period with the team down by one goal in a big divisional game.

One of the greatest offensive forces in the history of the NHL was acquired for a higher price.  He played most of the game with two fourth liners.

No more.

I did not

Fire Julien.

Agreed NAS especially with having ST out there late.  No excuse for that.   The only problem is that this team does not have any current 3rd liners.  If Julien were to rank his forwards after the Top 6, I think his order would be

7) Jagr

8 through 14) Interchangeable.  There in lies the problem.  Right now there is not much offensive difference makers among Campbell, Paille(who's been the best of the rest), Thornton, Daugavins, Kelly, Caron, Pandolfo, Peverley.

I think he needs to show a little more patience with Seguin at center and pair up players. 

DK with Lucic & Horton.  Bergeron with Marchand, and Seguin with Jagr.   Having 2 top lines and Jagr play with all of the 4th liners will get them no where come playoff time....too easy for the other team to shut down.    Of course, you need Bergeron back.  Kelly is not the answer but he's better than most of the other 4th liners the Bruins have. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Player for player they are better than the Habs.

So why did they lose?

Outcoached.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Player for player they are better than the Habs.

So why did they lose?

Outcoached.

I believe it's Julien's decision on who to play and whom to scratch.  Bartkowski should not play any more NHL games this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"White: Lucic-Krejci-Horton/Gold: Marchand-Campbell-Jagr/Grey: Paille, Seguin, Pandolfo, Kelly/Merlot:Thornton, Caron, Peverley, Daugavins^CS"

It's confirmed that Julien has completely lost his marbles by keeping Campbell with Jagr at todays practice!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The goon was on the ice at 18:40 of the third period with the team down by one goal in a big divisional game.

One of the greatest offensive forces in the history of the NHL was acquired for a higher price.  He played most of the game with two fourth liners.

No more.

Fire Julien.

Let's not forget how he used Jagr...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

quote from CJ

"I don’t feel like I have to explain myself to every player for every move that I make. They understand that we’re trying to win here and that’s all that should matter.''

Why?  I will tell you why, he doesn't have a good explanation.  You say stuff like this when you haven't got a clue and you can't explain yourself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

If Julien thinks this team can skate up and down the ice with the Habs and win, he is nuts and needs to go.  We are not built properly for the finese game.  NAS is right he needs to bench Lucic for a game or two, Horton for the week.  Start hitting or sit.  When our big players are not making room from our skilled players, this team stinks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

If Julien thinks this team can skate up and down the ice with the Habs and win, he is nuts and needs to go.  We are not built properly for the finese game.  NAS is right he needs to bench Lucic for a game or two, Horton for the week.  Start hitting or sit.  When our big players are not making room from our skilled players, this team stinks.

If CJ benched our top guys just because they weren't playing like top guys, we'd have seen half of Providence in Boston this year and we'd be fighting for a low playoff spot instead of comfortably in. Now is not the time to fire a coach for a few late season mis-steps. Get healthy and get the team playing as a team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If CJ benched our top guys just because they weren't playing like top guys, we'd have seen half of Providence in Boston this year and we'd be fighting for a low playoff spot instead of comfortably in. Now is not the time to fire a coach for a few late season mis-steps. Get healthy and get the team playing as a team.

Ottawa is without Spezza and Karlsson and is competing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Ottawa is without Spezza and Karlsson and is competing.

And that's because the Senators like to play for Paul MacLean.

Now just imagine one of these scenarios:

- You are a former first-round draft choice (actually picked at number 2) with an undeniably great set of tools, and everyone says you will become a big time scorer in the NHL - except for your coach, who seems to be on your back all the time about your defensive responsibilities, even if your plus-minus is in the top ten of the league most of the time.

- You are one of the best hockey players ever because of your ability to score and set up goals, which you have done year in and year out, but the coach on your new team has other ideas for you (playing with a bunch of fourth-liners).

(Don't forget that all the while, Geoff "Incompetence" Ward gets a free pass, as well as Mr. Pandolfo and Mr. Thornton.)

Frankly, I'm too tired to come up with more examples, but here's my question:

WOULD YOU REALLY LIKE TO PLAY FOR THIS COACH?

Sections
Shortcuts