Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???

What ??? Where is stubborn Claude Julien, and what have you done to him?

I'd never thought I'd see the day - He changed lines...energized the team...made bold moves...refused to accept failure, even though it "worked last year"...held players accountable...etc, etc, etc... Seriously - W T F is going on?

Hey Claude...awesome job!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???

I'm so freaked out that I posted it twice... my bad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???:
    [QUOTE]I'm so freaked out that I posted it twice... my bad
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I'm so excited ( not really ) to read what Bogie has to say I posted twice. I'm freaked out too !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Great job Claude. How's that chowda?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually Chowda, Claude's passion in the last game showed he was going to be more involved. All of the comments about line changes were positive. Now Claude can focus on Boychuck and Pouliot, and if he ever replaces Thorny with Caron, the transition will be complete.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Great job Claude. How's that chowda?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Oh I imagine we'll hear a lot more from you as the season unwinds. Criticizing is so much easier to do . Don't you think ? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Actually Chowda, Claude's passion in the last game showed he was going to be more involved. All of the comments about line changes were positive. Now Claude can focus on Boychuck and Pouliot, and if he ever replaces Thorny with Caron, the transition will be complete.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I am obviously watching a different Boychuk then you in the last year of you complaining about him. I am more then happy with the way he plays considering his abilities.

Pouliot is what he is . A cheap, low risk signing by PC that may or may not work out. It's up to him to prove he can play with the Bruins. Why hang this on Julien ? It's up to Pouliot. Players are the ones who must perform.

Thorny for Caron. 4th line players come and go. I have no problem shifting them in and out of the lineup based on what they bring to the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Thornton must be in the line-up. You cannot underestimate the persona and identity of a team. Thornton provides an ingredient that is vital to THIS team. Fans don't know what's said on the bench, in the locker room or to players on the other team. Say what you want, but he is one tough SOB - and that toughness brings a very valuable intangible to this club. I've seen Colton Orr totally abuse this team in the past - wasn't going to happen last night - that was established early on, and the tone was set for the rest of the game. Some might think those kind of issues are overrated or blown out of proportion, they matter big-time IMO. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I don't know if you guys saw the thing on VS. of him mic'd up, and he's yelling at some young dude who came by the bench yapping at a young Bruin and he's like "WHO THE #@#$ ARE YOU? SHUT UP AND TURN AROUND. ENJOY YOUR 5 GAMES, BUD. YOU'LL BE BACK IN THE MINORS BEFORE YOU KNOW IT." I laughed a lot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if you guys saw the thing on VS. of him mic'd up, and he's yelling at some young dude who came by the bench yapping at a young Bruin and he's like "WHO THE #@#$ ARE YOU? SHUT UP AND TURN AROUND. ENJOY YOUR 5 GAMES, BUD. YOU'LL BE BACK IN THE MINORS BEFORE YOU KNOW IT." I laughed a lot.
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]

The best part is his chirping came true.  Kid was sent down prior to his 6th game. Mwaaa-haaa-haaa!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Thornton & Caron are two completely different players.
    The Bruins need Thornton's toughness, chirping, and (most nights) reliability. Caron is more of a larger Krejci turned winger. Skill, finesse, he just needs some solid reps where he can show it. With luck Pouliot gets sat three or four games and Caron can play with Krejci & Peverley.

[QUOTE]Actually Chowda, Claude's passion in the last game showed he was going to be more involved. All of the comments about line changes were positive. Now Claude can focus on Boychuck and Pouliot, and if he ever replaces Thorny with Caron, the transition will be complete.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Caron sucks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I just have to say it.  Way to go CJ!!!  I am so impressed with Claude.  He leads his team to a Stanley Cup by sticking to his guns and sticking by his veterans.  As I have said before I didn't always agree with his decisions but nobody can argue with the results.  To me however the changes he made to the line-up last night shows me he realizes that it is a new year and that changes needed to be made and some players who were getting to comfortable in their roles, needed to be held accountable.  That is coaching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Thornton must be in the line-up. You cannot underestimate the persona and identity of a team. Thornton provides an ingredient that is vital to THIS team. Fans don't know what's said on the bench, in the locker room or to players on the other team. Say what you want, but he is one tough SOB - and that toughness brings a very valuable intangible to this club. I've seen Colton Orr totally abuse this team in the past - wasn't going to happen last night - that was established early on, and the tone was set for the rest of the game. Some might think those kind of issues are overrated or blown out of proportion, they matter big-time IMO. 

He was in the lineup each game this season.  And Orr was giving it to Krejci in the third.

As for Claude, I'm thrilled.  When I first saw the lines, I thought, "Oh no!  What are you doing?"  But then I realized that they weren't racking up the wins so why not?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : He was in the lineup each game this season.  And Orr was giving it to Krejci in the third. As for Claude, I'm thrilled.  When I first saw the lines, I thought, "Oh no!  What are you doing?"  But then I realized that they weren't racking up the wins so why not?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    And when all the Bruins players were asked about the Thornton fight they all responded positively and said how it got them in the game. If the players love having Thornton on the team than I am alright with it. He clearly brings something to the team that doesn't show up on the scoresheet(which is exactly what so many posters say about the other players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???:
    [QUOTE]What ??? Where is stubborn Claude Julien, and what have you done to him? I'd never thought I'd see the day - He changed lines...energized the team...made bold moves...refused to accept failure, even though it "worked last year"...held players accountable...etc, etc, etc... Seriously - W T F is going on? Hey Claude...awesome job!

I was not a fan of Claude (used to be CLOD) until the changes came that got this team the SC. He has been able to adapt to what needs to be done rather than shoving his old theory down their throats. Some say it was when Neely started commenting on the teams offensive woe's. Whatever the case, I like what he has become!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seems that this same subject is on two threads with repeats all over the map. Claude has obviously changed in his willingness to move players, not too many , and see what it brings. He even admitted that he wasn't sure of the result. As it stands he has Kelly with two scorers; Bergeron with two scorers, as promised by Chiarelli two years ago;a flexible 3rd line with speed. Then there is the 4th line and Thorny the" untouchable". Thornton is a committed Bruin, focused and agressive, but without any consistent hockey skills. Other teams are focusing on this line and will exploit Claude's commitment to rolling all four. However, it appears that Claude is now more aware of the necessity to change, rather than blindly sticking with what's existing. As such let's wait and see how he deploys Caron.

Sections
Shortcuts