Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???

What ??? Where is stubborn Claude Julien, and what have you done to him?

I'd never thought I'd see the day - He changed lines...energized the team...made bold moves...refused to accept failure, even though it "worked last year"...held players accountable...etc, etc, etc... Seriously - W T F is going on?

Hey Claude...awesome job!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???

In Response to Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???:
    [QUOTE]What ??? Where is stubborn Claude Julien, and what have you done to him? I'd never thought I'd see the day - He changed lines...energized the team...made bold moves...refused to accept failure, even though it "worked last year"...held players accountable...etc, etc, etc... Seriously - W T F is going on? Hey Claude...awesome job!
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

And now over to the elder statesman's rebuttal........Bogie, you're up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : And now over to the elder statesman's rebuttal........Bogie, you're up.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Hey Chowdah, speaking of alien abductions, this sure doesn't seem like the same Wensink that said he'd gladly rub our noses in it when CJ was proven to be unable to lead this team. I'm sure glad we won as I enjoy the forum more when JWens is contributing regularly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, Wensink went MIA for a while.  Glad he's back.

Let's keep this Claude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction???:[QUOTE] ? Hey Claude...awesome job! Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

No the real question should be who abducted JW n hacked his BDC account ?

LoL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I have to admit...when I saw the new lines I was giddy as a schoolgirl. I didn't agree with them, but was overjoyed that he was doing something. Anything.

Even the idea to limit Krejci and allow him to heal instead of just going with the same ol same ol. Great coaching.

And how amazing is Bergeron? The guy can get ANYONE going. 9 shots and makes Horton look like his old self. He's such a joy to watch.

It's been a long time since I was this pleased after a game. Well, not THAT long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hey...just being real. I'm more than happy to give credit when it's due. Now- any of you knuckleheads willing to admit that this isn't the typical Julien M.O. ???

And you can rest assured that if he reverts back to the days of an unemotional robotic wussified on ice product- I'll being jumping up and down.
    All I ever wanted was for this team to show some guts and aggression.
    Since the Cam Neely intervention, things have been different. I think CJ has learned what works and recognizes that there has to be a physical element in place for this club to win...it's beyond "the system" I don't believe that was always the case. Anybody want to go back to the days of Byron Bitz on the 1st line? Or the Matt Cooke incident? I'd like to believe that that's not the culture anymore. 
    Check out the last 2 games and see what things are like now. We keep playing like pu$$ees then the whole team goes in the box, and the coach gets tossed - that don't work- then your azz might end up on the 3rd line.
    That would have never taken place in the past.

Rub that in your nose duz, cause I can still go if need be

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Hey...just being real. I'm more than happy to give credit when it's due. Now- any of you knuckleheads willing to admit that this isn't the typical Julien M.O. ??? And you can rest assured that if he reverts back to the days of an unemotional robotic wussified on ice product- I'll being jumping up and down. All I ever wanted was for this team to show some guts and aggression. Since the Cam Neely intervention, things have been different. I think CJ has learned what works and recognizes that there has to be a physical element in place for this club to win...it's beyond "the system" I don't believe that was always the case. Anybody want to go back to the days of Byron Bitz on the 1st line? Or the Matt Cooke incident? I'd like to believe that that's not the culture anymore. Check out the last 2 games and see what things are like now. We kepp playing like pu$$ees then the whole team goes in the box, and the coach gets tossed - that don't work- then your azz might end up on the 3rd line. That would have never taken place in the past. Rub that in your nose duz, cause I can still go if need be
    Now that's more like it. Nothing motivates me like idle threats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Hey...just being real. I'm more than happy to give credit when it's due. Now- any of you knuckleheads willing to admit that this isn't the typical Julien M.O. ??? And you can rest assured that if he reverts back to the days of an unemotional robotic wussified on ice product- I'll being jumping up and down. All I ever wanted was for this team to show some guts and aggression. Since the Cam Neely intervention, things have been different. I think CJ has learned what works and recognizes that there has to be a physical element in place for this club to win...it's beyond "the system" I don't believe that was always the case. Anybody want to go back to the days of Byron Bitz on the 1st line? Or the Matt Cooke incident? I'd like to believe that that's not the culture anymore.  Check out the last 2 games and see what things are like now. We keep playing like pu$$ees then the whole team goes in the box, and the coach gets tossed - that don't work- then your azz might end up on the 3rd line. That would have  never taken place in the past. Rub that in your nose duz, cause I can still go if need be
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE

You did point out in a post to me recently that CJ's coaching in the past had a lot to do with the players that he had ( or didn't have ). Players who didn't play like the players on the current team do. He could only coach with what he had. You are the one who brought it up.

This was something we agreed on. Are we going to go backwards on this and start blaming it on Julien again ?

This knucklehead can also go if needed when talking about past teams and how it all turned out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just a reminder JW to what you posted to me.

. I think CJ needs a certain type of player to succeed, as mentioned. I always held him responsible for what I perceived as a serious lack of character and aggression on the ice. I saw it as a fatal flaw in the teams personality, and eventually that very issue would cause their demise...it was accurate. I don't think it's any coincidence that the players I mentioned are gone. It's hard to overstate what players like McQuaid, Marchand, Horton & Campbell provide for a coach like CJ when compared to the Blake Wheelers of the world. In hindsight the problems I mentioned were there, I just gave the coach too much of the blame, and not enough to the vanilla players he was burdened with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chgowda, guess I'm a little late on this thread, but I mentioned the fire in Claude two days ago, and how the changes would probably mean a better team effort. Just like JWensinck, I did not like the pasivity in the team, and looked to Claude to correct them and prepare them. From Fluto's column today it looks like Claude's focus is now embedded in practice [preparedness] and the game [getting tossed]. I agree on players like Wheeler, talent but no real guts. It takes commitment on all sides as epitomized by Bergeron. Must be some of that Recchi [quiz] result coming out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

It is simple boys. When the Bruins fell behind 2 games to none against the Habs, Claude realized that if he did not change his stubborn ways, he would have been out of a job and would never get hired again. One of the reasons we had the meltdown vs the Flyers was because the Flyers made adjustments during the series and we did not. We thought we hit rock bottom against the Flyers, but a sweep at the hands of the Canadiens would have been a failure of epic proportions. Luckily for us Claude has changed and become a much better coach because of his past failures, he just waited until he had no choice to finnally change his ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It is simple boys. When the Bruins fell behind 2 games to none against the Habs, Claude realized that if he did not change his stubborn ways, he would have been out of a job and would never get hired again. One of the reasons we had the meltdown vs the Flyers was because the Flyers made adjustments during the series and we did not. We thought we hit rock bottom against the Flyers, but a sweep at the hands of the Canadiens would have been a failure of epic proportions. Luckily for us Claude has changed and become a much better coach because of his past failures, he just waited until he had no choice to finnally change his ways.
    Posted by kivvak[/QUOTE]
    I disagree. The CJ-led Bruins won because they refused to stray from the formula. Every player bought into the system and won as a result. Thinking it was as simple as shuffling some lines up is way off base I believe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : I disagree. The CJ-led Bruins won because they refused to stray from the formula. Every player bought into the system and won as a result. Thinking it was as simple as shuffling some lines up is way off base I believe.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

right,  what significant lines changes were done ?

JW ,  at least we traded Chucky before he was abducted by aliens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Just a reminder JW to what you posted to me. . I think CJ needs a certain type of player to succeed, as mentioned. I always held him responsible for what I perceived as a serious lack of character and aggression on the ice. I saw it as a fatal flaw in the teams personality, and eventually that very issue would cause their demise...it was accurate. I don't think it's any coincidence that the players I mentioned are gone. It's hard to overstate what players like McQuaid, Marchand, Horton & Campbell provide for a coach like CJ when compared to the Blake Wheelers of the world. In hindsight the problems I mentioned were there, I just gave the coach too much of the blame, and not enough to the vanilla players he was burdened with.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

All true...and I stand by it.

Hey - where I come from "Knucklehead" isn't anything to take personally- it was meant with humor. And the response was aimed at dez, who can't help but antagonize, even when I posted a thread that was in praise of CJ. Kid can't help himself, he gets off on it -whatever

Chowda- All I'm saying is that it's so obvious to me that CJ has changed his ways from previous years. The last 2 games are an undeniable example of that. Since I'm getting called out for being honest enough to give credit where it's due, I thought it would be fair to point out that maybe fans who were long time CJ supporters to recognize that he does go about things differently now. The guy knows the formula now includes some additional ingredients that have produced success. It's not just about the system and being in position defensively.

Those players I mentioned in the thread you re-posted just may have shown CJ the light. He seems like he's all in now, and I'm thrilled about it. the players do make an enormous difference, but that doesn't mean that Claude hasn't altered and adapted his style and beliefs. I believe he has.

I mean Chris Kelly punching someone with their sweater over their head, Chara finally snapping after an eternity- Claude getting tossed...all followed by drastic line changes in the following game. The message is clear- this team will either compete or changes will be made. Success has a way of teaching and changing people. I think it's reasonable to recognize things are different than they were-
    What's not to like- when things go bad for this team now, they just crank up the emotion and leadership- different culture now - It's awesome to see

Maybe you don't agree?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : All true...and I stand by it. Hey - where I come from "Knucklehead" isn't anything to take personally- it was meant with humor. And the response was aimed at dez, who can't help but antagonize, even when I posted a thread that was in praise of CJ. Kid can't help himself, he gets off on it -whatever Chowda- All I'm saying is that it's so obvious to me that CJ has changed his ways from previous years. The last 2 games are an undeniable example of that. Since I'm getting called out for being honest enough to give credit where it's due, I thought it would be fair to point out that maybe fans who were long time CJ supporters to recognize that he does go about things differently now. The guy knows the formula now includes some additional ingredients that have produced success. It's not just about the system and being in position defensively. Those players I mentioned in the thread you re-posted just may have shown CJ the light. He seems like he's all in now, and I'm thrilled about it. the players do make an enormous difference, but that doesn't mean that Claude hasn't altered and adapted his style and beliefs. I believe he has. I mean Chris Kelly punching someone with their sweater over their head, Chara finally snapping after an eternity- Claude getting tossed...all followed by drastic line changes in the following game. The message is clear- this team will either compete or changes will be made. Success has a way of teaching and changing people. I think it's reasonable to recognize things are different than they were- What's not to like- when things go bad for this team now, they just crank up the emotion and leadership- different culture now - It's awesome to see Maybe you don't agree?
    Wow, your sensitivity is showing. I think my light-hearted dig was pretty tame considering the backlash you'd promised if CJ didn't get the job done. And here I was thinking I'd taken the high road.......my apologies for any hurt feelings. Cheers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

JW to the defense of Kelly punching Sutter with the jersey over him he had not choice.
    Let me explain, Kelly was hesitating , he could have punched away as soon as the jersey was over his head but he didn't.  He waited to see if either the refs would jump in or the jersey would go back in place but Sutter kept on wailing away. Kelly had to fight back and did the right thing at this point or maybe Kelly could have gotten knocked out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : Wow, your sensitivity is showing. I think my light-hearted dig was pretty tame considering the backlash you'd promised if CJ didn't get the job done. And here I was thinking I'd taken the high road.......my apologies for any hurt feelings. Cheers!

Like I said ...can't help yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : I disagree. The CJ-led Bruins won because they refused to stray from the formula. Every player bought into the system and won as a result. Thinking it was as simple as shuffling some lines up is way off base I believe.
    Dez, I was not referring to simple line changing. The Canadiens were clogging up the crease area and not allowing the Bruins to get open lanes to the net, so the Bs adjusted by bringing a forward up high with the puck to draw the defenders out towards the blue line opening up the middle of the zone. He made similar adjustments in other series. In the past CJ stuck too rigidly to his system and other teams made adjustments, when he did nothing to counter those adjustments the opposition was allowed to take control of the series away from the Bruins. You can not win a 7 game series with out making adjustments throughout the series to what your opposistion is doing. You do not have to change your system comepletly, but you do have to adapt to the situation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : Dez, I was not referring to simple line changing. The Canadiens were clogging up the crease area and not allowing the Bruins to get open lanes to the net, so the Bs adjusted by bringing a forward up high with the puck to draw the defenders out towards the blue line opening up the middle of the zone. He made similar adjustments in other series. In the past CJ stuck too rigidly to his system and other teams made adjustments, when he did nothing to counter those adjustments the opposition was allowed to take control of the series away from the Bruins. You can not win a 7 game series with out making adjustments throughout the series to what your opposistion is doing. You do not have to change your system comepletly, but you do have to adapt to the situation.
    Posted by kivvak[/QUOTE]
    I see what you mean.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude Julien.....Alien Abduction??? : Like I said ...can't help yourself.
    Interesting that someone who said the things you did would expect anyone else to take the high road. I bookmarked some for just such an occasion. A man with any semblance of honor would've simply apologized but I like your method too. Just pretend nothing was said and then cry when it gets brought up. Hilarious. I don't know how we survived around here without you.