Claude kicks the can AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude kicks the can AGAIN

Once again Claude demonstrated his glaring weaknesss as a coach and leader. Rask should have started. Timmy is not at the top of his game and is now making lame excuses [ poor habit]. Rask needs some game time; he is rusty from sitting on the shelf and does not deserve to be neglected. Another case of Claude going with the vet because he just has zero confidence in young/rookie players. How does Rask get game time?? Can he still go to Providence for a tune-up??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Claude kicks the can AGAIN

CJ needs to go. Thomas has been letting weak goals in for the last month and Rask could have easily got the win last night. CLOD is CLOD is CLOD. Perfect example of not being in touch with the players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Thomas was an unexpected start agaisnt Tampa, that means Rask is sick or injured. Given how much Rask shy's away from physical play, its not surprising he was held out against a high scoring, physical team who the Bruins had several fights with in the last game.

In Response to Re: Claude kicks the can AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]CJ needs to go. Thomas has been letting weak goals in for the last month and Rask could have easily got the win last night. CLOD is CLOD is CLOD. Perfect example of not being in touch with the players.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Let's see -- He benches 2 underachievers in Tampa and they come back and win the game -- What a bad coach. Last night they lose in a SO but they relentlessly attack Pavelec for most of the game -- What a bad coach that he personally can't finish and not bullseye the opposing goalie. Now that the game is over -- Let's all fantasize how Rask would have won that game. Before we cut him loose -- Let's hear some suggestions as to who is out there ready, willing and able to take his place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]CJ needs to go. Thomas has been letting weak goals in for the last month and Rask could have easily got the win last night. CLOD is CLOD is CLOD. Perfect example of not being in touch with the players.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE] Thomas has been letting in weak goals for the last month? .....you take trollism to a new level.

By the way Price has no shot at the vezina he's good but not elite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Everyone knows that when Thomas starts letting in 5 hole goals he is tired. He needs a rest.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone knows that when Thomas starts letting in 5 hole goals he is tired. He needs a rest.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE] Agreed, the bruins have a top notch back up USE HIM

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They just took 5 of 6 points on the road.

Please point out the problem.

Use a laser pointer.

In your eye.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Claude kicks the can AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]Once again Claude demonstrated his glaring weaknesss as a coach and leader. Rask should have started. Timmy is not at the top of his game and is now making lame excuses [ poor habit]. Rask needs some game time; he is rusty from sitting on the shelf and does not deserve to be neglected. Another case of Claude going with the vet because he just has zero confidence in young/rookie players. How does Rask get game time?? Can he still go to Providence for a tune-up??
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

One of my main problems with THomas is his inate ability to absolve himself of any blame. The guy has been outstanding this year. He had a bad game.That will happen to everyone.

But his comments regarding the screens in the paper today are absolutely terrible. The pucks went in & if he was screened then fine. But to go out of your way to make sure everyone knows you were screened just reeks of excuse making. Not sure how that goes over with the team. It is also not the 1st time Thomas has done this. It is extremely annoying & lacks accountability.

In other words he is saying the only reason I got beat is because I didn't see the puck. Maybe that is true but to go out of your way to tell people that is my problem with Thomas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]They just took 5 of 6 points on the road. Please point out the problem. Use a laser pointer. In your eye.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

*snarks* haha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Claude kicks the can AGAIN : One of my main problems with THomas is his inate ability to absolve himself of any blame. The guy has been outstanding this year. He had a bad game.That will happen to everyone. But his comments regarding the screens in the paper today are absolutely terrible. The pucks went in & if he was screened then fine. But to go out of your way to make sure everyone knows you were screened just reeks of excuse making. Not sure how that goes over with the team. It is also not the 1st time Thomas has done this. It is extremely annoying & lacks accountability. In other words he is saying the only reason I got beat is because I didn't see the puck. Maybe that is true but to go out of your way to tell people that is my problem with Thomas.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

And he also admitted he's tired.

Here's what I would do.  You got Buffalo and Toronto coming up next.  I'd give Rask both those starts. 

Then comes Minnesota and a tough schedule after that.  I would probably give TT the Minnesota start to make sure he's back in tune and then probably a 6 or 7 game stretch after that.  Then evaluation time again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Claude kicks the can AGAIN : One of my main problems with THomas is his inate ability to absolve himself of any blame. The guy has been outstanding this year. He had a bad game.That will happen to everyone. But his comments regarding the screens in the paper today are absolutely terrible. The pucks went in & if he was screened then fine. But to go out of your way to make sure everyone knows you were screened just reeks of excuse making. Not sure how that goes over with the team. It is also not the 1st time Thomas has done this. It is extremely annoying & lacks accountability. In other words he is saying the only reason I got beat is because I didn't see the puck. Maybe that is true but to go out of your way to tell people that is my problem with Thomas.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

**  Today's Globe:

In comparison, pucks move ever so slowly off Enstrom’s stick. The trick is that he angles his body to shield his release from a goalie’s vision. So no matter how harmless Enstrom’s shot appears to be, it’s often more challenging to read than Byfuglien’s grip-and-rip rocket.

“Enstrom’s really good at getting himself behind screens,’’ said Thomas. “On the first one, it happened to be our guy.

“I don’t know how many shots he attempted. But even the ones that went wide, I rarely saw them. After he scored the first one and the second one there, I was just butterflying even when I couldn’t see it, because I couldn’t find a way to find it.’’

Seems to me the topic was screened shots.  Thomas is fully admitting fault in being able to see the shots from Enstrom.

People just invent things to complain about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Claude kicks the can AGAIN:[QUOTE]Let's see -- He benches 2 underachievers in Tampa and they come back and win the game -- What a bad coach. Last night they lose in a SO but they relentlessly attack Pavelec for most of the game -- What a bad coach that he personally can't finish and not bullseye the opposing goalie. Now that the game is over -- Let's all fantasize how Rask would have won that game. Before we cut him loose -- Let's hear some suggestions as to who is out there ready, willing and able to take his place.Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

^This!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbcc. Show bbcc's posts

trade everyone

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]trade everyone
    Posted by bbcc[/QUOTE] Agreed, the whole team should be moved

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I also think Rask should have started last night, but not b/c TT had a "bad game"--he did NOT.

I'm more concerned about Rask gathering dust in a corner and then being expected to be razor (nor Raycroft) sharp when he does start.

Thomas struggled during the SO. Big deal. (You could also say Stapleton's first attempt was a brilliant shot off the inside of the post that no one would have stopped.)

The issue here is not just giving TT some rest (which i agree with), but making sure Rask remembers how to play goal by giving him some starts. Let's see whether he gets 1 out of the next 2. You could make a good argument for Rask getting both starts now that the B's have gotten 5 out of the possible 6 on what can only be called--so far--a VERY good road trip (compare and contrast w/Montreal's.)

But since I do like complaining about CJ to some extent (not as much as many here), why the heck wasn't Seguin out there on the 4 on 4 in OT???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In hockey, if we just try to find the errors of a coach, a player or a referee. We will find several.We have all  the evening  for analyze a game and make decisions. Sometimes, they have only a few seconds. It may be somewhat negative to follow our team in this way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bearit, out of all the comments, you are the only one who read what i posted. Timmy did not seem to be in the game, and the shootout, which he relishes, confirmed what we saw. I, too, feel that Rask is sitting too long. Goalies need to play, not sit and practice. Just one more glaring example of Claude's failings. This team could have won that game if Claude was more willing to take a minor risk. Claude does not like criticism and if Timmy lost, he can hide behind "the other goalie was great". BUT if he selected Tuuka, and Tuuka lost, Claude would have to own up to his decision. He will not stand and be counted as we all have noted.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]In hockey, if we just try to find the errors of a coach, a player or a referee. We will find several.We have all  the evening  for analyze a game and make decisions. Sometimes, they have only a few seconds. It may be somewhat negative to follow our team in this way.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Fans want their teams to win, and Julien is not a winner. He has his teams playing not to lose instead of trying hard to win. That's why we get the same dumbfounded look on his face whenever things don't go according to plan. And that happens way too often. He is too set in his ways to be a good coach.

There were numerous occasions since that almost magical 08-09 regular season when Julien failed miserably; he shied away from benching veteran players who failed to perform (Ryder), he refused to bring up Marchand last season, opting for the limited talents of (the veteran and, of course, more defensive-minded) Whitfield instead, and eventually he was brutally outcoached by Peter Laviolette in last year's playoffs.

I really liked Claude Julien two years ago, but after last season and the continued inconsistency of this campaign my guess is that a lot of that regular season success in 08-09 stemmed from the league underestimating the Bruins. Now the secret is out, and the only person seemingly unable to adjust is Coach Claude.

I just wonder how much more of his inaptitude people need to see before they stop making excuses for him - maybe another playoff collapse? There's a reason why Julien was fired in Montreal and NJ.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]They just took 5 of 6 points on the road. Please point out the problem. Use a laser pointer. In your eye.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Great suggestion!Imagine the animosity had Boston not taken 5 of 6 possible points.Seems Boston is winning a lot of games in spite of CJ.A better coach and the Bruins would obviously be undefeated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i agree dez, this team should be undefeted. they should get rid of pc and cj. with cam as coach and gm this team would be 82-0.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

its pretty hard to stop a puck especially when you cant see it