Claude's love affair with his fourth line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Claude's love affair with his fourth line

Did he give a blustering, blubbering defense of his team or the age old speil, we were not the better team tonight or did he speak to the Montreal media in his official language and skip out.

Whatever happened to playing the best players when they were available.

Krej line played last at 14:38 of 3rd, Thorn's line 15:34 to 16:24 and again 18:12 to 19:12.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The 4th line was stuck on the ice because of the icing call,  on the replay it looked like it crossed the blue paint but hey,  the linesman don't have instant replay or HD glasses on.
    Then again ,  with 2mins left I also would not have had the 4th line on.
    I can't really blame those guys though. 
    Where was Lucic and Savard all night ?
    Where was Krejci ? 
    The only 3 players that played were Bergy-Recchi-Marchand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

TAZ   read again my post and take a good look at this line:

Then again ,  with 2mins left I also would not have had the 4th line on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a love affair so much as the CJ system of rolling all 4 lines. Late in games, if you are out to protect the lead at all costs, I would think you would shorten the bench as well as shorten shifts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cj must also not know that he can change lines for TV timeouts, he always puts the 4th line out directly after, when all the players have had a 2min rest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

completely stupid move on Julien's part to play 4th line in the final 1:30...absolutely criminal and it cost them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Claude's love affair with his fourth line:
    [QUOTE]The 4th line was stuck on the ice because of the icing call,  on the replay it looked like it crossed the blue paint but hey,  the linesman don't have instant replay or HD glasses on. Then again ,  with 2mins left I also would not have had the 4th line on. I can't really blame those guys though.  Where was Lucic and Savard all night ? Where was Krejci ?  The only 3 players that played were Bergy-Recchi-Marchand.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    So the blue paint rule is in effect?I wondered if they changed the rule because it clearly went through the blue paint.The announcers made no mention of and the Bruins didn't protest at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

JULIEN HAS TO GO !!!!

BRING BACK THE BIG BAD BRUINS SYSTEM !!!!

WE HAVE THE SIZE AND WE NEED TO USE THEIR GRIT...NOT SUPPRESS IT.

IT MAY COST US A FEW GAMES AT FIRST, BUT TEAMS WILL BEGIN TO FEAR US LATER ON AND THEY@LL BE MAKING ALLOT OF MISTAKES TO AVOID GETTING HIT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude lost the game and proceeded to blame players for taking bad penalties. He should kick the rumps of Ryder and Wheeler for lazy penalties, but the loss was because he directed a totally defensive 3rd period and used his 4th line when better skaters were available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I was at the game and nearly pucked at the end. I am  not too happy with Julien, Thornton shouldn't be on the ice at the end like that .
    Our pp with Seidenberg and Recchi totally s@cks and Marc Savard is a giveaway waiting to happen.
    Marcahnd Bergeron Seguin please once Horton comes back

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]and you claim to know hockey. You are a disgrace to your intelligence and the the guys sweater you are you are using as a logo In Response to Re: Claude's love affair with his fourth line :
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]
    Great.Please enlighten us all as to what the icing/blue ice rule is.Try it in English though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

say what you want to say about icing/blue paint rule, the only thing that's certain after last nights game is that the "system" is not working and Claude has to go. Defensively this team constanly gives up 35+ shots a game evident that this team misses Craig Ramsey more that they think. Entire coaching staff has to go but too late to make such a drastic change at this point of the season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]say what you want to say about icing/blue paint rule, the only thing that's certain after last nights game is that the "system" is not working and Claude has to go. Defensively this team constanly gives up 35+ shots a game evident that this team misses Craig Ramsey more that they think. Entire coaching staff has to go but too late to make such a drastic change at this point of the season
    Posted by geez77[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying anything.I'm asking a question in the hopes one of you will know if the blue-ice/icing rule is still in effect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have been getting slaughtered around here for this since October.  "Yeah, NAS, but Thornton has seven goals!"  "Shut up, NAS, the fourth line was the best line tonight."  "Stop whining, NAS, they earned that ice time."  "You're so negative, NAS.  The fourth line is..."

Malarky.

They're the fourth line.  They should never, never, never be in double digits in TOI.  Ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Inexcusable dumb move by CJ.  I'm all for the 4th line bringing energy... they do.  BUT, they should never... NEVER... be on the ice in the final 5 minutes unless the Bruins have a monstrous lead.  2 goals \= montrous lead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I have been getting slaughtered around here for this since October.  "Yeah, NAS, but Thornton has seven goals!"  "Shut up, NAS, the fourth line was the best line tonight."  "Stop whining, NAS, they earned that ice time."  "You're so negative, NAS.  The fourth line is..." Malarky. They're the fourth line.  They should never, never, never be in double digits in TOI.  Ever.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I thought of you when I saw them on the ice late in the game and I was thinking you were right.That move by CJ was as costly as TT whiffing on the 1st goal.I guess it's worse because CJ DECIDED to make his move.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dez,  I looked it up and don't know when they changed the rule. Seems like it's icing in the NHL . I 'm getting mixed up with IIHF as the Swedes complained about this in their loss to the Russians on what they thought was icing (not touching blue ice) but the linesman didn't see it or the North American linesman called it the CHL way and they go by NHL rules ? 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26494

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Yeah, the 4th line shouldn't have been out there. Yeah, CJ inexplicably gives ice time to players like Ryder when they're clearly ineffective. Yeah, if Chara's lob is 3 inches the other way the Bruins win.

All of which is completely irrelevant to the real issue: The Bruins came out in the 3rd period and completely abandoned what worked for them in the first 2, fell into a "defensive" shell mode, stopped skating, checking, and forechecking, and dialed in yet another in a series of power plays so anemic you'd almost rather see them short-handed.

I don't give a Guy Lafleur f*ck whether this kind of passive, sit back and wait for the roof to cave in hockey is Claude's fault, PC's fault, or the fault of the equipment manager who's laundering the jerseys too tight--this is proof that this team has not changed a wink from the one that did the el foldo against Philly last year, and you play all the d*mn numbers games you want w/first place in the n'east and games in hand and all that other non-sense...it all comes down to this:

The 2011 Bruins are dogmeat come playoff time, and if that game last night didn't slam the point home, all I can say is you've watched too many "Rudy" type sports movies to have a clear view of reality when it comes to this squad of spineless, gutless wretches.

Calling it now in early January: 39 years and counting.

But I'm sure they'll be tons better next year. Again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez,  I looked it up and don't know when they changed the rule. Seems like it's icing in the NHL . I 'm getting mixed up with IIHF as the Swedes complained about this in their loss to the Russians on what they thought was icing (not touching blue ice) but the linesman didn't see it or the North American linesman called it the CHL way and they go by NHL rules ?  http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26494
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I think it must've changed when they  changed the shape of the crease because it definately used to be a rule in the NHL too.I think.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, the 4th line shouldn't have been out there. Yeah, CJ inexplicably gives ice time to players like Ryder when they're clearly ineffective. Yeah, if Chara's lob is 3 inches the other way the Bruins win. All of which is completely irrelevant to the real issue: The Bruins came out in the 3rd period and completely abandoned what worked for them in the first 2, fell into a "defensive" shell mode, stopped skating, checking, and forechecking, and dialed in yet another in a series of power plays so anemic you'd almost rather see them short-handed. I don't give a Guy Lafleur f*ck whether this kind of passive, sit back and wait for the roof to cave in hockey is Claude's fault, PC's fault, or the fault of the equipment manager who's laundering the jerseys too tight--this is proof that this team has not changed a wink from the one that did the el foldo against Philly last year, and you play all the d*mn numbers games you want w/first place in the n'east and games in hand and all that other non-sense...it all comes down to this: The 2011 Bruins are dogmeat come playoff time, and if that game last night didn't slam the point home, all I can say is you've watched too many "Rudy" type sports movies to have a clear view of reality when it comes to this squad of spineless, gutless wretches. Calling it now in early January: 39 years and counting. But I'm sure they'll be tons better next year. Again.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Well you made it 9 days  TTIB.The sad thing is I know you're holding back a little  bit right now.I loved the"Rudy"movie  but it was the Habs that were Rudy last night.Whatever.Now it can't get any worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

TTBI,
    I was saying the same thing before the period started.. The bruins play to "not lose" in tight games..

It was apparent by juliens line combonations and calling at the end of the game..but when the lines were out there was also pretty basic.. He wasn't playing his "defensive liabilities" at the end of the game, he also has just come off a PK meaning some of our top players were in need of a rest..

Krejci line started the period, and to my surpise seguin and ryder saw the ice together in OT..

I hate the bruins mentality or playing not to lose, I dont know if that is a team issue where they have not been good in that department, or a coaching philosphy but it needs to be fixed.. But the lines at the end of the game, make sense to me.. 

On a side note Dez, did you not notice how often we put the puck across the front of our own crease last night? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]TTBI, I was saying the same thing before the period started.. The bruins play to "not lose" in tight games.. It was apparent by juliens line combonations and calling at the end of the game..but when the lines were out there was also pretty basic.. He wasn't playing his "defensive liabilities" at the end of the game, he also has just come off a PK meaning some of our top players were in need of a rest.. Krejci line started the period, and to my surpise seguin and ryder saw the ice together in OT.. I hate the bruins mentality or playing not to lose, I dont know if that is a team issue where they have not been good in that department, or a coaching philosphy but it needs to be fixed.. But the lines at the end of the game, make sense to me..  On a side note Dez, did you not notice how often we put the puck across the front of our own crease last night? 
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but not through a player.That's the difference.A guy in the vicinity is one thing  but you didn't see anyone try to get it past an opponent with a cross-crease pass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude's love affair with his fourth line : Well you made it 9 days  TTIB.The sad thing is I know you're holding back a little  bit right now.I loved the"Rudy"movie  but it was the Habs that were Rudy last night.Whatever.Now it can't get any worse.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

With this Bruins team, I'm sure it can get worse. I'm surprised I made it 9 days. Shame on me for falling into the trap of gullibility yet again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]TTBI, I was saying the same thing before the period started.. The bruins play to "not lose" in tight games.. It was apparent by juliens line combonations and calling at the end of the game..but when the lines were out there was also pretty basic.. He wasn't playing his "defensive liabilities" at the end of the game, he also has just come off a PK meaning some of our top players were in need of a rest.. Krejci line started the period, and to my surpise seguin and ryder saw the ice together in OT.. I hate the bruins mentality or playing not to lose, I dont know if that is a team issue where they have not been good in that department, or a coaching philosphy but it needs to be fixed.. But the lines at the end of the game, make sense to me..  On a side note Dez, did you not notice how often we put the puck across the front of our own crease last night? 
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

But where does that "playing not to lose" mentality come from?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Claude's love affair with his fourth line : With this Bruins team, I'm sure it can get worse. I'm surprised I made it 9 days. Shame on me for falling into the trap of gullibility yet again.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    This team's a rollercoaster if nothing else.