Clearing Up a Few Tim Thomas Things

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Clearing Up a Few Tim Thomas Things

That thread is way too long to look for the answers to these questions:

So it is understood that if the Islanders do in fact toll Timmy's contract for next year, and he plays, the Bruins will get the 2nd rounder, correct?

Also, if the Islanders had to get cap-floor-compliant, why couldn't PC hold out on them until they offered something better? My guess would be because other teams would love to get some cap space and PC jumped at the opportunity.

Lastly, there is no way this is a move to re-sign players. Timmy was coming off of the books next year anyways so they would've been in the same situation cap-wise either way.

Either PC was never going to bring back Timmy and saw an opportunity to gain a potential 2nd rounder in the process, or he is going to trade for a guy in the last year of his deal.

I'm calling Stephen Weiss right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Clearing Up a Few Tim Thomas Things

If Timmy plays for the Islanders this year, or is traded by the Islanders to another team and plays for that other team, the Islanders owe the Bruins a 2nd round pick in 2014.

If Timmy signs as a free agent with any team other than the Islanders and plays in 2013-14, the Bruins get nothing.

If Timmy signs with the Islanders after this season and plays, or he is traded and plays elsewhere, the Bruins get a 2nd round pick in 2015.

My thinking is we will get nothing for Timmy except cap relief - still a good deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

It was my understanding that by suspending TT for this season, his contract would still be on the books next year. My only concern with this trade is TT being suspended this year and not wanting to play next year. Then instead of suspending him next year, the Isles just pay him and eat the contract. TT signs as an UFA the following year and the Bs don't get anything. Doubtful that this occurs but I guess it's plausible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

If Timmy plays for the Islanders this year, or is traded by the Islanders to another team and plays for that other team, the Islanders owe the Bruins a 2nd round pick in 2014.

If Timmy signs as a free agent with any team other than the Islanders and plays in 2013-14, the Bruins get nothing.

If Timmy signs with the Islanders after this season and plays, or he is traded and plays elsewhere, the Bruins get a 2nd round pick in 2015.

My thinking is we will get nothing for Timmy except cap relief - still a good deal.

Darn.  I wanted that pick.  Where did you see this?

And what if the Isles leave him suspended and toll his contract?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Then he still is their property. His cap hit stays on their books which is a good possibility considering the Isles have been hanging out around cap minimum. 

This is a good thing also for the Isles and Charles Wong. $5M going on the cap without paying a penny. I can't see them letting him walk as a free agent considering the above and   being able to trade him for something if he decides to return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Then he still is their property. His cap hit stays on their books which is a good possibility considering the Isles have been hanging out around cap minimum. 

This is a good thing also for the Isles and Charles Wong. $5M going on the cap without paying a penny. I can't see them letting him walk as a free agent considering the above and   being able to trade him for something if he decides to return.

Kind of cynical of Wang to toll it in perpetuity (should TT not play of officially retire). Hate to be an Islander fan nowadays....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Kind of cynical of Wang to toll it in perpetuity (should TT not play of officially retire) should he choose to do so. Hate to be an Islander fan nowadays....

Sections
Shortcuts