Close to sliding out of top 10 for upcoming 2011 draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Close to sliding out of top 10 for upcoming 2011 draft

Damn leafs are on fire as of late and only 2-4 points out of a playoff spot now. Ever since they played and beat us a few weeks ago they have played well.

I still don't think they will make it into the playoffs vs teams like New York, Carolina, Montreal. Even NJ i feel have a better chance to sneak in

That leaves us drafting anywhere from 8-12 with their pick. 6-7 could be also possibilities if they fall flat on their face in the upcoming weeks 

These are the list of players we will have a chance to choose from: (my personal analysis from watching a few games of each player)

Jonathan Huberdeau - Underrated skilled forward. Can skate, pass and score. Also willing to go into the dirty areas but is currently weak strength wise. Not another Hamill since he plays with more fire from what i seen of him 

Duncan Siemens: Very good two way D and is willing to fight. Like an adam mcquaid with higher offensive upside

Dougie Hamilton: Savvy D. Plays like a vet already. Not overly skilled, physical or best of skater but has together a good package. Like a Glen Wesley

Ryan Strome: Is at the right spots at the right times. Works hard also. Doesn't have top notch skills/talent. Is close to scoring 100 points in the ohl but may only score 40 in the nhl

Sven Bartschi: Small, fast, bullet shot, skilled but lacks guts to go into the corners. Maybe like a smaller version of Kessel

Brandon Saad: 3rd or 4th line big forward. Low risk but low reward pick

My ranking would be
    1. Jonathan Huberdeau
    2. Hamilton
    3. Siemens

If none of these three are available, i'd try to trade the pick

whats your ranking and who else should be considered in the 8-12 range?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Re: Close to sliding out of top 10 for upcoming 2011 draft

Ryan Murphy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm still not sold on the leafs. they're a streaky team that can lose 10 in a row. i still think we can get a top 5 pick. edm, nyi, ott, fla should be the bottom 4. but, i think the rest could past them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

In Response to Re: Close to sliding out of top 10 for upcoming 2011 draft:
    Ryan Murphy.
    Posted by legolaspinkerton

Ryan Murphy is top 5 if not top 7

Top prospects gone by the 5th pick

Larsson
    Couturier
    Nugent-Hopkins
    Murphy

A friend also stated that Tyler Biggs is a player to watch out for. Similiar game and size to Bertuzzi. Anyone heard or seen Biggs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Close to sliding out of top 10 for upcoming 2011 draft : Ryan Murphy is top 5 if not top 7 Top prospects gone by the 5th pick Larsson Couturier Nugent-Hopkins Landeskog Murphy A friend also stated that Tyler Biggs is a player to watch out for. Similiar game and size to Bertuzzi. Anyone heard or seen Biggs?
    Posted by yaz16

I hope this hyphanated last name thing doesn't get too trendy, they will never fit Nugent-Hopkins on the back of the jersey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Looking ahead at the schedule, the Leafs have the Flyers coming up who should be reasonably primed to slam the Leafs given their recent 7-0 spanking at the hands of the Rangers.  Before that they have the Islanders who had a good showing against the Devils.  And next up are the Devils.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The leafs play has dropped off a bit lately. Hopefully Riemer follows suit.

--------------------------------------

Just because you cannot admit that your wrong, doesn't make you right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

I've been following this very closely, just like like last year and its time to face the facts - we aren't getting a top five pick. The Leafs are playing well and teams, like Colorado, are not. We just have to hope that the Bruins scouting staff comes up with a better pick than say Mark Stuart!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Close to sliding out of top 10 for upcoming 2011 draft:
    Damn leafs are on fire as of late and only 2-4 points out of a playoff spot now. Ever since they played and beat us a few weeks ago they have played well. I still don't think they will make it into the playoffs vs teams like New York, Carolina, Montreal. Even NJ i feel have a better chance to sneak in That leaves us drafting anywhere from 8-12 with their pick. 6-7 could be also possibilities if they fall flat on their face in the upcoming weeks  These are the list of players we will have a chance to choose from: (my personal analysis from watching a few games of each player) Jonathan Huberdeau - Underrated skilled forward. Can skate, pass and score. Also willing to go into the dirty areas but is currently weak strength wise. Not another Hamill since he plays with more fire from what i seen of him  Duncan Siemens: Very good two way D and is willing to fight. Like an adam mcquaid with higher offensive upside Dougie Hamilton: Savvy D. Plays like a vet already. Not overly skilled, physical or best of skater but has together a good package. Like a Glen Wesley Ryan Strome: Is at the right spots at the right times. Works hard also. Doesn't have top notch skills/talent. Is close to scoring 100 points in the ohl but may only score 40 in the nhl Sven Bartschi: Small, fast, bullet shot, skilled but lacks guts to go into the corners. Maybe like a smaller version of Kessel Brandon Saad: 3rd or 4th line big forward. Low risk but low reward pick _________________________________________________________________ My ranking would be 1. Jonathan Huberdeau 2. Hamilton 3. Siemens If none of these three are available, i'd try to trade the pick whats your ranking and who else should be considered in the 8-12 range?
    Posted by yaz16

Once again you've outdone yourself. Your analysis' on two players that I get to watch on a weekly basis are head scratchers.
    Doug Hamilton's skating is one of the reason's he is being rated so high. He has good speed and maneuverability for a big man. His skating is one of his strengths.
    Ryan Strome doesn't have top notch skills and talent ? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_4N9OR-mc&feature=related

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHLJCMdOo8&feature=related

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Close to sliding out of top 10 for upcoming 2011 draft : Once again you've outdone yourself. Your analysis' on two players that I get to watch on a weekly basis are head scratchers. Doug Hamilton's skating is one of the reason's he is being rated so high. He has good speed and maneuverability for a big man. His skating is one of his strengths. Ryan Strome doesn't have top notch skills and talent ?    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_4N9OR-mc&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHLJCMdOo8&feature=related
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

In this I trust !

Sections
Shortcuts