Clowe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Clowe

Just thinking about this guy because of the NHL.com stories that he and Richards hope to return to the Rangers. 

12 games, 3 goals, 5 assists and a +5 in the regular season.  2gp, 0-1-1 -1 in the playoffs (14 minutes of total ice time).  Had 5 of his 8 points in two games, including 3 in his first Ranger game, so he didn't exactly bring it consistently in NY.  There was a fair amount of talk about this guy as a potential Bruin, but in hindsight, it's sure hard to see where he would slot into the lineup and be more effective than the guy who is playing there now even if he stayed healthy.  Even (gulp) Thornton.  Even Chris Kelly, who couldn't score if he was X in a room full of Y, the defensive stalwart who is minus six, even he is winning 63% of his faceoffs.  He has a big goal in him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Clowe

Up front, there could be two open slots, first and second line winger.  Considering his playoff performance, I'm not as bearish on Horton as I have been but it'll come down to contracts.  I don't think Jagr will be back.  Of course, Seguin should take a turn on one of the two top lines again, so third line winger (cheap money player...Providence guy?) is open.

WTFF am I talking about.  I'm having a conversation with myself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Up front, there could be two open slots, first and second line winger.  Considering his playoff performance, I'm not as bearish on Horton as I have been but it'll come down to contracts.  I don't think Jagr will be back.  Of course, Seguin should take a turn on one of the two top lines again, so third line winger (cheap money player...Providence guy?) is open.

WTFF am I talking about.  I'm having a conversation with myself.

Considering that they signed him for the next two years @ 1M+, I would expect that they give Soderberg the first chance to round out the third line.

And if we are going to replace Horton on line 1, it better not be with Clowe.  I dont feel comfortable with on a second line, nevermind a first.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I love Clowe, when he's healthy, but that ain't often anymore. With the money he'll be asking for, he won't be a B.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I thought he'd be great for a play-off run & then kind of take a look & see approach from there. Now, I'd like to see what the Yeti can do over a season. Has anyone heard how's he's handling the scratches? Is it possible that PC is hoping that he can replace Horton on that #1 line? Or is there another couple diamonds in the rough in Provindence that can move into a top 9 role? Maybe Paille gets moved up to 3rd line on a fulltime basis and someone else comes in to replace him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I thought he'd be great for a play-off run & then kind of take a look & see approach from there. Now, I'd like to see what the Yeti can do over a season. Has anyone heard how's he's handling the scratches? Is it possible that PC is hoping that he can replace Horton on that #1 line? Or is there another couple diamonds in the rough in Provindence that can move into a top 9 role? Maybe Paille gets moved up to 3rd line on a fulltime basis and someone else comes in to replace him.

Possibility:

Lucic Krejeci Seguin

Marchand Bergeron Spooner

? Kelly Soderberg

Thornton Campbell Paille

Amnesty Clause: Savard

Buyout: Peverley

W/ additions of Spooner, Krug, Bartkowski...

Im thinking this puts us at about 9M in leftover space.  

Should be able to lock up Rask and maybe bring in 1 mid-priced free agent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Possibility:

Lucic Krejeci Seguin

Marchand Bergeron Spooner

? Kelly Soderberg

Thornton Campbell Paille

Amnesty Clause: Savard

Buyout: Peverley

W/ additions of Spooner, Krug, Bartkowski...

Im thinking this puts us at about 9M in leftover space.  

Should be able to lock up Rask and maybe bring in 1 mid-priced free agent.

I really don't think soda or spooner can play the RW. Well, I know soda can't, but I think it's unfair to ask spooner to play the off wing in his first NHL season. Trade Peverley, Trade or buyout kelly. get a whole new third line. A cheap one.  According to cap geek, if the bruins did that, kept their 7 D, re-signed tuukka for 5 million, re-signed horton for 4.5 (i think that's a high estimate) they would have over 4 million to sign a third line RW. Dupuis?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Savard's cap relief might be enough to keep Horton around. No one is taking Peverley off of Chiarelli's hands, it will have to be a buyout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Savard's cap relief might be enough to keep Horton around. No one is taking Peverley off of Chiarelli's hands, it will have to be a buyout.

Savard's cap relief will be needed to pay Rask's salary unless Peverley AND Kelly are gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I  know the roster needs to be cleaned up a little to clear cap space, but I would like to see Horton stay. I like him and I like the first line. Id be more inclined moving people off the third and fourth line if we have too. Keep our 1 & 2 lines intact....meaning seguin up to the second line, since Jagr most likely wont be back. Obviously money talks and if its doable, then that is what I would like to see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I think if the Bs need a rw they go for pascal dupius, ufa 1.5 this year and likely can be signed for less than hortons numbers, he had a great season  20g 18 a and a plus 31, Pittsburg has only 18 roster platers and a cap of almost 7 mil. I think the Bs use up some of there elc huys to finsih up there roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is all well and good, but I was thinking how happy I am he didn't come to Boston for the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I think if the Bs need a rw they go for pascal dupius, ufa 1.5 this year and likely can be signed for less than hortons numbers, he had a great season  20g 18 a and a plus 31, Pittsburg has only 18 roster platers and a cap of almost 7 mil. I think the Bs use up some of there elc huys to finsih up there roster.

if you're bringing in Dupuis to play on the third line that's fine but he's not a top six fw....

he put up those numbers playing with a guy named Crosby....  someone will pay him twice what he's making now and i doubt it'll be the B'S....

i think PC signed Soderberg as a replacement for Horton....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I'd rather retain Jagr and play him with Soderberg, and find a way to unload Kelly and Peverley. They've turned into a couple of scoreless wonders and I don't see that changing! Jagr was really thrown into a tough situation and I can see one more year of 20 goals (plus helping keep our power play out of the hilarious category) out of Big Jags

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Clowe raded for second- and third-round picks in June and a conditional second-rounder in 2014. It sure does look as bad as Buffalo giving up a 2nd rounder for Torres during the 2010 playoffs.

I want Shup to way in on this thread Sealed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think the B's want to keep Horton around, he may ask for too much money in their eyes,we'll have to wait and see. While Horton does disappear in the regular season for stretches, but there is no denying his compete level when it counts. He can score big goals at the the right time and if the B's can retain him i'm all for it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Maybe I don't understand the relief from the LTIR but here's what I calculated.

Cap is $64.3 million next year - Bruins have $58.4 million committed + bonuses => $6.66 million available

LTIR for Savard adds $4 million => $10.68 million of space

Say you sign Tuukka for $6 million => $4.68 million of space

Let Ference go and bring up Krug and Bartkowski => $2.33 million

Svedberg replaces Khudobin => $1.33 million

Spooner called up => $465,000 left

2 Goalies, 13 forwards, 7 defensemen.

To me, the Bs can make it through the reduction in cap while not having to buy out a player but they might have to.

I'm not so sure Peverley has no trade value. He's only getting $3.25 million. That's not crazy to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Maybe I don't understand the relief from the LTIR but here's what I calculated.

Cap is $64.3 million next year - Bruins have $58.4 million committed + bonuses => $6.66 million available

LTIR for Savard adds $4 million => $10.68 million of space

Say you sign Tuukka for $6 million => $4.68 million of space

Let Ference go and bring up Krug and Bartkowski => $2.33 million

Svedberg replaces Khudobin => $1.33 million

Spooner called up => $465,000 left

2 Goalies, 13 forwards, 7 defensemen.

To me, the Bs can make it through the reduction in cap while not having to buy out a player but they might have to.

I'm not so sure Peverley has no trade value. He's only getting $3.25 million. That's not crazy to me.

Rask at 6 mil too high to begin with unless he wins them a cup this year. The others u mention are entry level contracts and do not count against the cap. I agree let ference go and horton, depends on hus playoff performance if he stays. I can see krug staying, and bartowski, again both elc. that gives them the 7 dman they need. Now forwards,  who knows, id love to see seguin back on the bergie line, rebuild the 3rd line with  soderberg and some more elc guys ( spooner ) for one., and whatever after horton, stays or leaves on the 1st line.

Its time to put the youth to work.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Clowe raded for second- and third-round picks in June and a conditional second-rounder in 2014. It sure does look as bad as Buffalo giving up a 2nd rounder for Torres during the 2010 playoffs.

I want Shup to way in on this thread Sealed

Torres replaced Clowe and played great.   Im a big Clowe guy as well. He like many had a bad year in the shortened season.  I would toss him 3 million over 3 to fill in on the 3rd line with peverly and soderberg.  jagr is back on a one year 4 million deal.  Peverly is offered to anyone that will take him, if not he is bought out.  

Dk/lucic/jagr. Bergie/march/seguin Kelly/clowe/soder campy/paille/bozo

7 def is chara/boy/mcq/seidz/hamilton/krug/bart

rask re-signs.  5 over 5.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Rask at 6 mil too high to begin with unless he wins them a cup this year. The others u mention are entry level contracts and do not count against the cap. I agree let ference go and horton, depends on hus playoff performance if he stays. I can see krug staying, and bartowski, again both elc. that gives them the 7 dman they need. Now forwards,  who knows, id love to see seguin back on the bergie line, rebuild the 3rd line with  soderberg and some more elc guys ( spooner ) for one., and whatever after horton, stays or leaves on the 1st line.

Its time to put the youth to work.

Rask at $6M is reasonable now.  He doesn't need eight more wins to justify an extra million dollars three years from now.

Entry Level Contracts do count against the cap.  Sure would be nice if they didn't, however. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Torres replaced Clowe and played great.   Im a big Clowe guy as well. He like many had a bad year in the shortened season.  I would toss him 3 million over 3 to fill in on the 3rd line with peverly and soderberg.  jagr is back on a one year 4 million deal.  Peverly is offered to anyone that will take him, if not he is bought out.  

This is more or less classic Bruin fan, isn't it?  Clowe was  3-16-19.  Peverley was 6-12-18.  Clowe's a winger who hits and fights.  Peverley's a versatile forward who kills penalties, uses his speed effectively, and wins faceoffs.  Look at both guys' offensive numbers from recent years, and they're basically in the same range in terms of points/game.  Clowe scores more goals.

Goofy half season of ineffective play from Peverley and people have his buy-out cheque sitting on the mantle waiting for the end of the parade.  Goofy half season of ineffective play from Clowe and people are willing to forgive and forget - here's $3M, Ryane!  This is the legacy of Sinden for whom proximity made the heart grow colder and who never shied away from Grinchy statement about how awful his guys were when the playoffs ended with a loss.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Some say Pascal Dupuis is the answer but I'd rather see Clowe. Dupuis is not much more of a threat than Kelly, but he's playing with elite players that boost his numbers. Clowe brings that heavy game that Kelly/Peverley do not, and if he gets his head back on striaght will be a nice addition should the B's go after him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

This thread is assinine. There are  two possible reasons a team would go for it:

1. You pity the other team and take it upon yourself to help and take the player.

or

2. You don't have any problems and you're looking for trouble.

Why?

This is called thinking with the poop-shooter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

This is more or less classic Bruin fan, isn't it?  Clowe was  3-16-19.  Peverley was 6-12-18.  Clowe's a winger who hits and fights.  Peverley's a versatile forward who kills penalties, uses his speed effectively, and wins faceoffs.  Look at both guys' offensive numbers from recent years, and they're basically in the same range in terms of points/game.  Clowe scores more goals.

Goofy half season of ineffective play from Peverley and people have his buy-out cheque sitting on the mantle waiting for the end of the parade.  Goofy half season of ineffective play from Clowe and people are willing to forgive and forget - here's $3M, Ryane!  This is the legacy of Sinden for whom proximity made the heart grow colder and who never shied away from Grinchy statement about how awful his guys were when the playoffs ended with a loss.

Great post, very true.  Out with the old- in with the new.