C'mon Jack Edwards..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

C'mon Jack Edwards..

At no point were the Bruins fans chanting "We want Van"...I could tell from my living room. I was hoping Andy would rescue him there, jot it down on a piece of paper or something, and maybe he did, but wow was that bad when Jack tried to tell me they changed their chant...No Jack, no they didnt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

Re: C'mon Jack Edwards..

In Response to C'mon Jack Edwards..:
    [QUOTE]At no point were the Bruins fans chanting "We want Van"...I could tell from my living room. I was hoping Andy would rescue him there, jot it down on a piece of paper or something, and maybe he did, but wow was that bad when Jack tried to tell me they changed their chant...No Jack, no they didnt.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    jack is a over the top homer. TURN THE SOUND DOWN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yea I don't think the pink hats who attend the B's games now even know who "Van" is

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He needs to go to more minor league games.  Nothing like a 4-1 game with the home team chanting "We want tacos!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phatdude47. Show Phatdude47's posts

They were all chanting "WE WANT 10!" Jack is a Homer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, Jack is a homer. I really find it hard to look at him when the camera is on him. Those YELLOW nasty teeth are a nightmare. Mr Ed smile.... Go get them Whitened already....

I know, you all are probably thinking, "thats what bugs you" and yes it is, as well as most of the comments he makes. Andy is a cool guy. Had the privaledge of talking to him at a B's and Bluejackets game, a few years back. He's a cool guy. I asked him about todays game as opposed to when he played. He said its completely different and that half the players of today would be destroyed in the game and style he use to play in. A lot rougher and tougher in his day. Yet, he likes where the game was headed. Again that was a few years back when I talked to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

On a bit of an unrelated note, for those who caught the Sportsnet West feed the PBP guy (didn't catch his name) made me chuckle.  After one particularly dominant shift by DK and the boys, where Calgary didn't touch the puck or even move for about a minute and a half, the guy says "all that's missing here is 'Sweet Georgia Brown'.  I almost fell off my couch.  The Calgary Generals were just standing there watching the B's buzz around them.  Comical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: C'mon Jack Edwards..:
    [QUOTE]On a bit of an unrelated note, for those who caught the Sportsnet West feed the PBP guy (didn't catch his name) made me chuckle.  After one particularly dominant shift by DK and the boys, where Calgary didn't touch the puck or even move for about a minute and a half, the guy says "all that's missing here is 'Sweet Georgia Brown'.  I almost fell off my couch.  The Calgary Generals were just standing there watching the B's buzz around them.  Comical.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

That's the feed I got last night. Missed that . Probably because I had it on mute. Charlie Simmer was putting me to sleep. Now I know why Terri Welles dumped him. Boring !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What made me jump out of my chair was Jack saying the GM's will certainly do something to slow down the game to avoid the concussions and possibly bringing back the redline.

None of the head injuries I've seen this year I would attribute to the redline, and the scenario I'd expect to see for that is a player streaking, collecting a 2 lines pass and getting pasted.

I've seen it on the dump ins and icings and loose pucks along the boards for the majority of concussions.  And twice where team mates hit each other - counting one as the Crosby thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Slowing the forecheck seems to be "in the wind" based on NHL network reports. I see the possibility of adjusting the defintion of interference to allow defensemen to slow down forecheckers to mitigate the speed of checks into the boards. Putting the redline back in is impossible considering how the game has advanced since the lockout. Most of the concussions seem based on blitzes from behind with speed generated from the blueline.(Also "chicken winging") Equipment changes may also be put in place to remove hard shell pads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Slowing the forecheck seems to be "in the wind" based on NHL network reports. I see the possibility of adjusting the defintion of interference to allow defensemen to slow down forecheckers to mitigate the speed of checks into the boards. Putting the redline back in is impossible considering how the game has advanced since the lockout. Most of the concussions seem based on blitzes from behind with speed generated from the blueline.(Also "chicken winging") Equipment changes may also be put in place to remove hard shell pads.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]
    Slowing the forecheck and interfering the forechecker, use to be part of the play. Remember when they changed the rules and there was a call every shift for interfering with the forechecker. Clutching and grabbing, which allowed for the least skilled and slow players to stick in the league. The second they added that rule of interference, you better be able to skate or youre out of a job. I think Mario Lemuiex was a big advocator of the rule. Anyway, its still done a little bit, but the defensemen just back pedals a little more while just getting in the way, without clutching and grabbing. He's entitled to his space on the ice. I hated the interference and clutching and grabbing the defense got away with. Im glad they changed the rules. I hope they never go back to that style of play. Really slowed things down and hurt the offensive output...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Sweet Georgia Brown is classic. Also....

Some guys over on a Duck board started a "We Are The 99%" campaign, citing that there is the top 1% Bruins and the rest of the league. I almost snorted my morning coffee. Too funny, and coming from sucha  random source in Ducks fans.

Good to see that there are other people out there who tribute the talent and effort of these guys and don't just make excuses or call it a fluke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

you're in a bad place when naoko has to bail you out.  shame on jack.  first the teeth and now the ears.  remember when brick cursed a few years ago?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]you're in a bad place when naoko has to bail you out.  shame on jack.  first the teeth and now the ears.  remember when brick cursed a few years ago?
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

I had to look that up.  Darn straight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntM3xQxluI

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

BadHab Said:

"...And twice where team mates hit each other - counting one as the Crosby thing."

According to the Pens TV crew, it was a mystery elbow from D.Krejci.