Coach says it best.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Coach says it best.

Maybe we should all just defer to CJ on this one:

"When you're [6-foot-9] and probably one of the strongest guys in the league, you can't not go out there and not utilize that to your advantage," Julien said. "He plays hard. But at the same time, he plays clean. It's already a challenge for a guy like him, at 6-foot-9, to keep his elbows down. The minute he lifts them up a little bit, he hits guys in the head. He's made a really good adjustment in regards to that. It's always easy to criticize. It's always easy to attack a guy. But if you take time to look at the situation and you take time to see what he has to go through, there's always going to be a challenge for him -- the big bully because he's 6-foot-9. Yet he's never shown that more than when he's defended himself, he's defended his teammates. He's always been a clean player."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Coach says it best.

I for one loved the hit, but hated the outcome. Had the glass not been there it would have been 2 mins at most, and I doubt it even gets called.  I never like to see a player get injured like that, but in a contact sport it IS going to happen from time to time regardless of what safeguards you introduce to the game. I'm sure Chara feels bad about the outcome, but he cannot stop rubbing opposing players out on the boards because of the risk of injury.  I'm hoping this will not effect his play from here on out and  instead puts fear in the opponents who wish to go one on one with big Z along the boards. Now lets regain our winning ways against Buffalo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I have seen plenty of these types of hits. All look ugly and the outcome never good. As a B's fan I admit I initially enjoyed it but then reality set in....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Chara could be alot more vicious (legally) because of his size. Watched many times when he could have seriously crushed guys and chose not to.

Pacioretty was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. That said, I know Chara doesn't love the guy either.......after what he did a couple games back to him after he scored the O/T winner against the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

what was Patch trying to do anyway, up 4-0 !?!?

When someone that size has you in their crosshairs, you focus more of stabilizing yourself/maintaining your position, and not so much on the puck ( ie; puck don't matter much if you're taken out ). He looked like Peter Pan scampering and flitting about to evade Chara, so what, he could make it 5-0 ?? Do the Dave Reid, and slow down and throw a rear/side shoulder check, then re-focus on the puck, especially when the guy pursuing you is one you've mocked and pushed after scoring ....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Actualy agree completly with CJ on his take