Coaching Against the Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Coaching Against the Rangers

The Rangers have the best goalie in the league and the best shot blockers.  The only way to play a defensive team is to play defensive.  You can't score on them unless you get odd men rushes.  You do that by drawing them into your zone and counter attack.  They have to play boring and defensive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Coaching Against the Rangers

Agree to a point but the Rangers have the lead and won't be giving up many (if any) odd man rushes.  The B's played a near perfect 2nd period but didn't get the bounces.  I think crashing the net and trying to bang in rebounds or get deflections is the recipe.  Lundquist is really on his game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers:
    [QUOTE]Agree to a point but the Rangers have the lead and won't be giving up many (if any) odd man rushes.  The B's played a near perfect 2nd period but didn't get the bounces.  I think crashing the net and trying to bang in rebounds or get deflections is the recipe.  Lundquist is really on his game.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Yep, getting pucks through traffic is the key.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rangers are clogging up the neutral zone masterfully tonight and there is always three Blueshirts on the blueline waiting to greet you. Chara still can't believe he didn't score during that scrum in front of the net so NY has a little luck going as well.

If the Bruins can get a dirty greasy goal early all bets are off the Bs can still win it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Or just continue to have the 4th line play as muh as the bergeron line, like they have tonight and we can take the loss and move on to tommorow night and maybe beat Montreal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

The Rangers third goal is exactly what I am talking about.  Counter attack and get a 2 on 1.  Of course you can't do that when you are down 3-0.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Rangers third goal is exactly what I am talking about.  Counter attack and get a 2 on 1.  Of course you can't do that when you are down 3-0.  
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]
    So what you meant was for the Bruins to wait for a NYR D-man to make a bone head move like Corvo did to give up an odd man rush. That's not likely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The B's were down 2-0 so you really can't blame Corvo for pinching in trying to create offense (never mind that the Rangers got an extremely generous bounce right on the stick of Anisimov).  It's no mistake though that the Rangers are the best team in the East right now.  Hopefully they crash and burn early in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

It will happen because it frustrates players.... This something they needed to do at the start of the game.  If you look at the game, even though the B's are dominating possesion and shots I think the Rangers have had the more dangerous chances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The B's were down 2-0 so you really can't blame Corvo for pinching in trying to create offense (never mind that the Rangers got an extremely generous bounce right on the stick of Anisimov).  It's no mistake though that the Rangers are the best team in the East right now.  Hopefully they crash and burn early in the playoffs.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    I'd cut him some slack if his miscues weren't the norm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins without Horton allows New York to be the best team in the East.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Not so much coaching as it is the players execution. I think too much emphasis is put on coaching when its the players performing on the ice. Coach always gets blamed and then gets axed. We all know the B's are good and so is the coach. So its more execution with the B's and the Rangers playing good hockey. It happens, but the B's have the pieces in place to make a run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I think CJ should have the D practice hitting the net. Corvo is just not a very good player..In my opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers : I'd cut him some slack if his miscues weren't the norm.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed dez.  I'll give him a pass on that one since it was 4 on 4 with extra open ice (not to mention one less Ranger to block shots).  Rangers have gotten every break tonight and the B's have gotten the goose egg in more ways than one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sandog, absolutely correct!  Horton's absence disrupts the lines enough to make the Bs a one line team.  Caron on the first line is my thought, even with his mistakes.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]The Rangers third goal is exactly what I am talking about.  Counter attack and get a 2 on 1.  Of course you can't do that when you are down 3-0.  
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

yup you called it.  They smother you to death and beat you with opportunism.
    1st goal , dumb penalty Chara and they score on PP.
    2nd goal just fluke although thye had good pressure ever since they scored to take the lead .
    2rd goal , dumb Corvo pinch and c'est fini !

In a game like this (especially in playoffs) the winner usually gets the "cliche" 1st goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Sandog, absolutely correct!  Horton's absence disrupts the lines enough to make the Bs a one line team.  Caron on the first line is my thought, even with his mistakes.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

There you have it,  keyword, disrupts the lines. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

@bgrif008 you cant execute offensively when the rangers have 5 guys standing in front of the net.  you need to draw them out and you can only do that by letting them take the puck out of their zone.   It might mean to play the most boring games ever but thats what it takes.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins without Horton allows New York to be the best team in the East.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Bingo, Dawg.  It's been like this more or less ever since he's been out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Sandog, absolutely correct!  Horton's absence disrupts the lines enough to make the Bs a one line team.  Caron on the first line is my thought, even with his mistakes.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Yup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks to me like they clog up the neutral zone, block shots and wait for their chance for an odd man rush..All that with Lundqvist..They played a good road game tonight and they don't take stupid penalties.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins without Horton allows New York to be the best team in the East.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The return of Gaborick(sp?),  key acquisitions, and a young team excited about playing a very disciplined system and seeing the results of their hard work, not to mention the best goalie in the game right now, has them on top. They remind me of  a certain other team...was it last year?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

the part that coaching entered was the defensive commitment that Torts insisted they play.His best offensive players were down low, helping their defense, blocking shots, and lifting sticks. Some of the mistakes, like Corvo, and Chara, are mental. They both know better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Looks to me like they clog up the neutral zone, block shots and wait for their chance for an odd man rush..All that with Lundqvist..They played a good road game tonight and they don't take stupid penalties.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I saw. The Bruins didn't have a clear lane all night. I don't think Claude's "coaching" was much of a factor in the result. The Rangers just played a very good game and choked the life out of them. There isn't much argument about who was the better team last night.

Sections
Shortcuts