Coaching Against the Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Coaching Against the Rangers

In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins without Horton allows New York to be the best team in the East.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree this team is much better with good/great 1st line RW. Im starting to think a depth forward is not enough. PC should be looking for a good first liner in case Horton is out for a long time.

Then if you do have Lucic-Krejci-RW (from trade) and Horton comes back you can play him on the third line and have a really dominant top 9.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

The Rangers played a solid game but also got some good fortune at key moments.  Lundquist made some saves on deflections that he didn't even see.  He also stays deep in his net which gives him a better chance of reacting to tipped pucks that he does see.  I thought the B's played pretty well against a good team and seemed to carry the play for stretches.  Also did an OK job at trying to get pucks passed the shot blockers (point to point passes and using the high slot guy).

First goal was a nice PP goal and a stupid penalty by Chara.  Crap happens.
    Second goal was a fluke bounce of Z.

At this point, it would take a fluke bounce in the B's favour to get back in the game.  They never got it and the Rangers added another on risky pinch by Corvo with both forwards already caught deep.  Can't really put a ton of blame on Corvo because at that stage of the game the D must take chances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Coaching Against the Rangers:
    [QUOTE]The Rangers have the best goalie in the league and the best shot blockers.  The only way to play a defensive team is to play defensive.  You can't score on them unless you get odd men rushes.  You do that by drawing them into your zone and counter attack.  They have to play boring and defensive.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

The BRUINS are 2W-8L vs NY  from 2009 to present.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Coaching Against the Rangers : The BRUINS are 2W-8L vs NY  from 2009 to present.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]
    was just trying to look up the b's/rangers 10 previous games, to no avail. thanks watch. i realize that past results are not always a predictor of future results.... but, this is not an accident. some goalies have teams' numbers. henrick loves to play the bruins. there is a lot of time between now and a possible playoff matchup, and much could change (injuries, trades), but this is the worst playoff matchup for the bruins. this is the team that right now stands between the bruins and another stanley cup. i bet if anyone cared to look furthur into it, i'd bet half of those losses were shutouts. yikes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Sandog, absolutely correct!  Horton's absence disrupts the lines enough to make the Bs a one line team.  Caron on the first line is my thought, even with his mistakes.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

What in the world has Jordan Caron done to deserve to get first line minutes?  Get a grip, this guy is Zac Hamill in a bigger body!  NO FIRE in his belly!  He is only on the team to be Tyler's friend & roommate, and he isn't even good at that!  Caron on the first line out of town is what I would like to see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers:[QUOTE]Thank you kelvana, on the above.   Did the NYR look lost and scrambling when the Bs actually were putting the pressure? Nope.  Calm, self-assured and composed.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Yes the Rangers did and they got lucky when Chara hit Lundqvist during that scrum. That's called luck not containment. Lots of blocked shots from here till April eh Tortorella ?...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers : The return of Gaborick(sp?),  key acquisitions, and a young team excited about playing a very disciplined system and seeing the results of their hard work, not to mention the best goalie in the game right now, has them on top. They remind me of  a certain other team...was it last year? Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

Where was Gaborik last night against a good defensive team ($8M a year on pace for 48 points) ? That same team you are hinting at.

I'm not pleased with our team but I trust PC can bring the right tough Dman and a 3rd line winger to right the ship.

Again I'll say a long way from April...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers : Where was Gaborik last night against a good defensive team ($8M a year on pace for 48 points) ? That same team you are hinting at. I'm not pleased with our team but I trust PC can bring the right tough Dman and a 3rd line winger to right the ship. Again I'll say a long way from April...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The Rangers are an old adversary who are playing well right now. I hate losing to them and until the B's hate them again like the 60's and early 70's years... ...put it this way, over the last two seasons the only thing the BRUINS gave to the rags was/is confidence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coaching Against the Rangers : put it this way, over the last two seasons the only thing the BRUINS gave to the rags was/is confidence. Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

No doubt the Blueshirts are good but we'll check back in April, Watch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

MeanE, read the rest of my remark then think on Caron.  Peverly on the first line is not doing the job, and it makes Kelly less effective.  Other teams are now focusing on the Bergeron line to stop the Bs!  An no Caron does not warrant a chance based on his play, but the Bs are a better team with the lines intact.  My only point!  The Bs need a right winger to play with Krejci and Lucic, Peverly is not the answer.