COACHING STAFF ACTUALLY HAS DONE A GREAT JOB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Re: COACHING STAFF ACTUALLY HAS DONE A GREAT JOB

In Response to Re: COACHING STAFF ACTUALLY HAS DONE A GREAT JOB:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: COACHING STAFF ACTUALLY HAS DONE A GREAT JOB : Not to be picky but I don't consider winning a series in OT of the 7th game to be "schooling" anybody.If anything,it was CJ that made adjustments when the team was down 3-1 in the series.If TT hadn't handed Walker an easy rebound,this conversation wouldn't happen.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    The Carolina series is a prime example for a team getting over-confident after the sweep against the Habs and an easy game 1 win against the 'Canes. That's when Mr Clean should have stepped in, but again he took his patented wait&see approach, while his team handed the underdog 'Canes the series lead on a silver platter. Call it stubbornness, lack of creativity, imagination, etc., or him not really being in touch with his team - whatever it is, it's definitely not good coaching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COACHING STAFF ACTUALLY HAS DONE A GREAT JOB : The Carolina series is a prime example for a team getting over-confident after the sweep against the Habs and an easy game 1 win against the 'Canes. That's when Mr Clean should have stepped in, but again he took his patented wait&see approach, while his team handed the underdog 'Canes the series lead on a silver platter. Call it stubbornness, lack of creativity, imagination, etc., or him not really being in touch with his team - whatever it is, it's definitely not good coaching.
    Posted by MrHulot[/QUOTE]
    Believe me,I get as frustrated as anyone.I still don't know what else the organization can do to remedy things immediately.I'm excited for play-offs no matter who's behind the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]
    Any thoughts on what derailed the B's in the 71 playoffs?  Anyone really think it was coaching?   
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what is was - the Mol$on Million$.

They led us to believe it was Ken Dryden's goaltending. Yeah right! Mr. Dryden is the Member of Parliament for my area. And let me assure you he is a "member". One big "member".

Now that they (the Molsons) are back, expect the Mol$on Million$ to derail the Bruins again in the playoffs.

It is the only reason I fear playing the Habs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You take the good with the bad with any coach.  Paul Maurice has an uncanny ability to focus on beating one opponent in a best of seven, but he's not very good at beating a different oppontent every night and getting his teams to the playoffs where he'll have that chance.  Mike Keenan won in a number of cities but he was terrible on your young players and your talent pipeline - he traded or destroyed everyone.  Pat Quinn coached up-tempo, tough hockey before it was Brian Burke's brand, but he had to rely on veterans to do it.  I could go on.

The hardest part of evaluating a coach is avoiding absolutes.  Mike Babcock's a great coach, but the job of coaching the Red Wings to play consistent hockey is made much easier when you have a core of players who are as consistent as they come: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Zetterberg, Datsyuk...professionals as well as high-end talent.  So the baseline for consistency is very high.

Experience leads to consistency, and the Bruins have a very unstable roster from an experience standpoint.  Under Claude, the Bruins have developed two thirds of their top line and imported the final third from a perennial failure in Florida.  Their second line is their most consistent player between a rookie and dinosaur who you have to think can only be consistently slow at this point, but who can occasionally raise his game.  The bottom six includes two guys who are new to the team, a 19yr old, and a guy who is the definition of inconsistent since he broke into the league.  On D you have a very consistent #1, two veterans who are more or less consistent (though I have yet to figure out what the FK is up with Seidenberg), then a second year guy and two rookies.  That's not a roster built for consistency.  I think it's a roster designed to get the best overall baseline of talent for the coach to work with.  Based on that analysis, I think I give him a solid C+.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

no one should classify Claude as a bad or poor coach. He has a defense first style, and he is stubborn in his decisions. He favors veterans, and while I agree that the NHL is not where "development" occurs, it is where putting the peices together for Chemistry and productivity is an absolutely primary function. An NHL coach needs flexibility, and leadership. He is dealing with athletes who make more money than he does. He needs to understand what causes a player to be up or down and react accordingly. Unless he loves the job it's a lousy way to make a living. It's even worse in minor hockey where a coach needs to deal with parents as well as the kids. IMO Claude's limitations come from his stubborness, and except for Ramsey, his coaches pretty much nod their heads in agreement. To my mind that's not doing a complete or "great"  job.