Coincidence?...Seguin demoted to 3rd line and decreased minutes ....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Coincidence?...Seguin demoted to 3rd line and decreased minutes ....

Agreed that I'm taking Marchand, but that isn't a diss on Seguin anymore. Brad Marchand is an elite player in this league, and he has the smarts to play many many years. Kids gonna be a wiley vet someday in his late 30's, I can't imagine Seguin aging that well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Don't you know we leave the predictions around here for Stanley?  Dumb thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

and the B's have their biggest offensive output?

I stand by my original assessment three years ago.. Seguin will never be an elite player, and Marchand will and can skate circles around Seguin any night of the week...

Last year when Seguin had more goals and points.  I guess skating circles around someone doesn't have much to do with scoring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

Agreed that I'm taking Marchand, but that isn't a diss on Seguin anymore. Brad Marchand is an elite player in this league, and he has the smarts to play many many years. Kids gonna be a wiley vet someday in his late 30's, I can't imagine Seguin aging that well.

Why is that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Once again rather stupid comments . Seguin is on the 3rd line with Kelly because Horton, Jagr are in lines 1 and 2. Seguin, Jagr, and horton are RIGHT wings. I don't clasify Thornton at all. Lucic, Marchand,Paille and Caron are left wings. Campbell is centering Jagr because Campbell can cover defensive lapses as he has for the past three years while lugging Thornton along. Peverly brings a stronger dimension to the 4th line center, and, as all the boo-hoos noted, Caron can play when given a chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I think that people sometimes forget how young Seguin is give him a chance the talent is there as he matures the consistancy will come.

Also for the purpose of this thread Marchand is 4 yrs older than Seguin.

They are both going to be good players for a long time!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Sorry. Your assessment was wrong 3 years ago and your assessment is wrong now. Don't get into scouting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Isnt it just the fact that the Bs have so much talent coming into the lineup, adjusting the lines accordingly with bergie issing, more or less a trial to get all 3 lines going and nothing to do with who is better than who ? Its trying to peice together a winning and more consistent team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Sorry. Your assessment was wrong 3 years ago and your assessment is wrong now. Don't get into scouting.

No, I wish he would go into scouting.  For Les habitants

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to gord11's comment:

No, I wish he would go into scouting.  For Les habitants

.......along with .........* cough cough *........someone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to readsocks' comment:

I stand by my original assessment three years ago.. Seguin will never be an elite player, and Marchand will and can skate circles around Seguin any night of the week...

Seek medical help soon..............Can you imagine how good Seguin will be in 5 6 7 8 years from now? Beyond Elite!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Id rather have Seguin stumble with consistency now and figure it out as he matures through his long-term contract, than him have a major impact, sign a long-term deal and then forget what got him to the NHL on a regular basis..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

.......along with .........* cough cough *........someone else.

Toffoli McFarland v. Knight & Spooner.

TT has more nhl games & goals than Spooner & JM has more ahl games & goals than Knight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why is that?

I just think he's game is too much based on speed. I'm assuming he'll lose that over time, and he'll need to compensate with hockey sense and body positioning stuff (which I think he's average in).

Then again, he may be like Scott Niedermayer and keep his wheels until age 40. Hopefully he does for the sake of the Bruins, but those players are extremely rare.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I just think he's game is too much based on speed. I'm assuming he'll lose that over time, and he'll need to compensate with hockey sense and body positioning stuff (which I think he's average in).

Then again, he may be like Scott Niedermayer and keep his wheels until age 40. Hopefully he does for the sake of the Bruins, but those players are extremely rare.

From what I've observed the speed stays until maybe the mid 30's.

And he is still young, he might beef up more the next few years

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...and let's be serious here, Catholic Memorial could have dropped a 5 spot on the Canes last night. They were atrocious.

Cherry picking. 

Glad they have Seguin. Very glad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Consider the defensive system and defensive responsibility that Seguin is required to play.

If he played under an offense first coach, his numbers might be much different (I think they would). He's learning a new game and gaining much more depth. Julien's system may be exactly what works best for Marchand. 

Both players are very exciting in my opinion. Go B's!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

OP made this assessment 3 years ago when Seguin was 18?  Able to project his career at that point?  3 years ago (April, 2010), Seguin was a Plymouth Whaler.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

TT has more nhl games & goals than Spooner & JM has more ahl games & goals than Knight.

And Kabanov, your 1st round choice has ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

And Kabanov, your 1st round choice has ?

I thought we agreed never to mention that again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to readsocks's comment:

I stand by my original asessment that all of your posts suck.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts