Colborne Called Up....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Colborne Called Up....

Seems like he is getting a look:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/04/08/leafs_colborne/

Could be interesting...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Colborne Called Up....

"In 19 games with the Marlies, Colborne has eight goals and seven assists with a plus-2 rating."

Impressive.  Why can't we get prospects like that...

I kid, I kid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hehehe....Well he has the size but he always came across like Wheeler 2.0. Now that we have neither it remains to be seen if PC made a blunder here or not....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

A Leafs loss has the very real potential of getting another draft pick higher.

I hope they put Colborne in goal.  Or at least 20 minutes of ice time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Or maybe they could just have him and Kessel on the ice in a 2 on 5 situation to see what kind of skills the kid really has.....hehehe.

Sorry, I am hitting the bottle a little early today...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Many sports talk folks up here are already touting him as a "can't miss" big-club roster player next year because of the impressive start he's had with the Marlies.  We'll see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think they said that about every prospect they have ever had. Much like we do as Bruins fans actually.....lol!!

I think BB will try to fast track him to save face for the Kessel trade. Hope the kid is ready....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I actually just read on TSN that Colborne is expected to start centering the first line with Kessel and Lupul. I was just joking about this before but it appears that they really are doing this. Hope it doesnt ruin him like it did Bozak...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne Called Up....:
    I think they said that about every prospect they have ever had. Much like we do as Bruins fans actually.....lol!! I think BB will try to fast track him to save face for the Kessel trade. Hope the kid is ready....
    Posted by jmwalters

jm - Well said regarding Leaf prospects...and yeah, we've been guilty of the same at times.  Good point about Colborne's impressive play easing whatever heat Burke's may have felt with the PK deal.  He's a proud guy.  

The Leafs aren't exactly loaded at center like the B's so I wouldn't be particularly shocked to see him with their big club next season considering their middle men are Bozak, Grabovski, Brent and Boyce.  There is a considerable drop off after Grabovski and Bozak.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I actually just read on TSN that Colborne is expected to start centering the first line with Kessel and Lupul. I was just joking about this before but it appears that they really are doing this. Hope it doesnt ruin him like it did Bozak...
    Posted by jmwalters

Wow!  Perhaps this explains the recent talk of future plans having Kadri on the wing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Maybe RHO. I think too that BB is smart enough to know that AHLers like Crabb, Boyce, Mitchell et al are not enough to get it done and is going to give real prospects like Colborne and Kadri a legitimate chance

Do not expect Sjostrom, Brent, Crabb, Boyce, or Rosehill to be a part of this team next year. If they are then the Buds failed to upgrade in the offseason or their prospects are just not ready....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne Called Up.... : jm - Well said regarding Leaf prospects...and yeah, we've been guilty of the same at times.  Good point about Colborne's impressive play easing whatever heat Burke's may have felt with the PK deal.  He's a proud guy.   The Leafs aren't exactly loaded at center like the B's so I wouldn't be particularly shocked to see him with their big club next season considering their middle men are Bozak, Grabovski, Brent and Boyce.  There is a considerable drop off after Grabovski and Bozak.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Did you see the first comment??

Not even the most optimistic poster on this  board would say this about Colborne.

Stanley might say this about Wheels, but that's about it.

I mean.... this guy is freakin rabid, here's the comment:

Getting this guy from Boston was grand theft of a magnitude even larger than Boston getting the Leafs first rounders.  He is a superstar in waiting.   Do not compare him to other rookies.  He just turned 20 a few months ago, he could still be playing junior this season.  Playing in a couple of mean-nothing games will show him the level he's got to reach for next year.  He was better than a point per game as a 19 year old in NCAA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne Called Up.... : Did you see the first comment?? Not even the most optimistic poster on this  board would say this about Colborne. Stanley might say this about Wheels, but that's about it. I mean.... this guy is freakin rabid, here's the comment: Getting this guy from Boston was grand theft of a magnitude even larger than Boston getting the Leafs first rounders.  He is a superstar in waiting.   Do not compare him to other rookies.  He just turned 20 a few months ago, he could still be playing junior this season.  Playing in a couple of mean-nothing games will show him the level he's got to reach for next year.  He was better than a point per game as a 19 year old in NCAA.
    Posted by BadHabitude

The TSN thread is no better. they expect Colborne to be their new #1 center just as they did Bozak at the beginning of this year. I feel almost bad for Joe to have to perform against unrealistic expectations like that....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

For all us Canucleheads up here....we will get to see him tomorrow nite on CBC against the Habs....and becasue it's Hockey Night in Canada, we get to hear Grapes take on Colborne (or not, mute works sometimes with Grapes). 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne Called Up.... : Did you see the first comment?? Not even the most optimistic poster on this  board would say this about Colborne. Stanley might say this about Wheels, but that's about it. I mean.... this guy is freakin rabid, here's the comment: Getting this guy from Boston was grand theft of a magnitude even larger than Boston getting the Leafs first rounders.  He is a superstar in waiting.   Do not compare him to other rookies.  He just turned 20 a few months ago, he could still be playing junior this season.  Playing in a couple of mean-nothing games will show him the level he's got to reach for next year.  He was better than a point per game as a 19 year old in NCAA.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I said in a previous thread the media heads were already crowning him as the next big thing.  Its very Leaf-centric much like former sports talk guy on THE FAN 590, Norm Rumack who back in '94 gained a massive local following by stating he wouldn't trade former Leaf captain Wendel Clark straight up for the then reigning NHL MVP Sergei Federov. 

Some up here were pissed at Mike Babcock recently for his realistic take on the "Reime Minister" when prior to the Leafs' last visit to Detroit, he said though Reimer's run has been impressive, his body of work was too small for the coach to anoint him of anything just yet. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by BadHabitude

The comedy is that this guy has never even seen Colborne play.  He cites the NCAA stat, but failed to mention the 55 games and 26 points he recorded in Providence this year.

Sections
Shortcuts