Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy!

Interesting article in the Toronto Sun about how the B's Chiarelli hated to trade Colborne. Well, dah, it was stupid considering Toronto wanted to get rid of Tomas Has-been anyway. Also, Burke deserves many kudos for plucking the only NHL caliber minor leaguer in the Bruins system. Providence is in ruins and has been for years! I still hate that trade. Anyone who doubts this should check out the Providence website. The only one who might ever make the NHL down there is Khudobin. Other than that it''s a disaster. And I say all this only because I see a solid NHL power center as the Bruins only glaring missing piece, and one they didn't need to lose.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/28/bruins-gm-hated-to-trade-colborne

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy!

PC did what he thought he had to do to get a PMD in order to go deep. You've got to give to get.

Not every trade is going to go our way.

If you look at PC's trade record, I'm not going to get too distressed about losing Colborne, especially after winning the cup.

Hamilton, Knight, and Spooner in the pipeline.

Good luck to JC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I thought you weren't a troll but all these ridiculous Colborne threads are getting obnoxious.

The only prospect that might make the NHL is Khudobin?

I disagree. Hamill has played well in his call-ups. McDermaid is upposed to be a decent 3rd or 4th liner. Arniel, Sauve, Camper, Button I've heard good things about. Not to mention most of the players mentioned are barely 21 years old (ok maybe a few over but still young)... Little early to say they will never see the NHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

"I WISH WE HAD A PROSPECT INSTEAD OF THE STANLEY CUP"

not me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

We're also forgetting that the B's have a bunch of awesome prospects that simply aren't old enough for the NHL yet.
    Frankly, the B's have a serious log-jam right now. Of their top two lines, Bergeron and Horton are the two oldest. They're both 26. I don't think many people see the B's moving Pevs or Kelly any time soon, either.
    In order for the Bruins legitimate offensive prospects (Spooner, Sauve, Koko) could be in a long line, as one of the top 6 guys will likely have to move, and I don't see that any time soon. Trading any one of them would be a HUGE shake-up to the locker room chemistry, and with this team, I don't think we want to mess with that.
    This year would have been perfect for Colborne, though, as he could play a game similar to Kelly and Pevs.
    I did find it strange, however, that the Bruins management viewed Caron as more polished than Colborne.....that was very odd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy!:
    [QUOTE]"I WISH WE HAD A PROSPECT INSTEAD OF THE STANLEY CUP" not me.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Boston: Rated #1 in Power Rankings
    Stanely Cups 1
    #2 Overall 2010 Draft Pick Stud Tyler Seguin (#1 NHL +/- , T17 Leage PTS)
    #9 Overall 2011 Draft Pick Doug Hamilton (currently 38PTS in 25GMS - OHL)

Toronto: #9 in Power Rankings
    Play Off Appearances in last 5 years = 0
    Phil Kessel (#1 League Scoring) - Cant take that away from him yet...
    Joe Colbourne (NHL 1G 5GP - AHL 20G 81GP) - Vastly overrated by leaf lovers disguised as B's fans on this board.

I will admit that Kessel is playing well this year which takes away a bit of the oomph when you say "boston fleeced toronto" but its still pretty much true. Im sure leaf lovers like OEC will be feeling even worse about this in a few years when Knight is a solid 3rd line winger and the Bruins have another solid #1/2 defenseman in Hamilton. With a few more deep playoff runs and possibly another cup in those years.

Meanwhile Toronto will likely struggle in the first round if they make it this year and seem to have less in the pipeline than boston does at this point to turn their fate around any time soon.

I dont know why I still respond to these trolling posts but I guess eventually one just always erks me enough to be goaded into responding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

is it possible BOTH teams benefited from this trade? the bruins win a cup, and the leafs are not quite as laughable. seems like a win/win to me. only the bruins won A STANLEY CUP! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

No need to tear down the guys we gave away to make ourselves feel better.  Colbourne was arguably our best prospect remaining in the system (projects as a top 6 center), but the fact is that the Bruins had/still have a logjam at center.  Yes Kaberle stunk while he was here in my opinion, but you can't have it all and you can't argue with winning a cup.  It was a team effort so its not fair to say that Kaberle had nothing to do with it or that we would have won it without him.  Maybe so, maybe not.

For the Colbourne fans out there, the bigger question is not whether he is going to pan out, but who gets moved to make space for him.  We are already debating whether to move Krecji to make room for Seguin -- having Colbourne just adds one more highly skilled center to fit into the mix.  At best JC would have slotted in as a third line center this year or next.  It seems to me like Kelly is doing just fine in that position.

Perhaps the only complaint is that we could have gotten a better return -- such as a high end D prospect, but I think out of all of our (good) prospects he made the most sense to move given our depth at his position.

Here's to hoping that Spooner and/or Koko live up to their potential making this debate irrelevant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I wish that Providence was 4-7% better this year, instead of having Boston win a Stanley Cup last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

" The Bruins only glaring missing piece ". Huh? They're Stanley Cup champs. You must be talking about the UCLA Bruins. You can find them on another board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Power center I would hardly call Joe Colbourne a power forward.Blake Wheeler was a power forward how'd that work out.The knock on Colbourne has always been toughness so lets  wait  and see how this plays out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Caron was ahead of Colborne last year in terms of play, and I still think he is better. Colborne is a big center, not a power center. Colborne wouldn't make the B's this year ahead of any of their centers. The Bruins needed a D who could move the puck. Stanely cup won. Hope Coborne has a wonderful career and a great life. Should be interesting to watch him on Wed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not exactly tearing up the AHL but solid numbers...
                                                       GM     G    A      P
    2010-11     Providence Bruins   AHL    55     12   14    26
    2010-11     Toronto Marlies     AHL     20     8     8     16
    2011-12     Toronto Marlies     AHL     13     10   9     19

And PC had a lower pick playing in Providence who was performing better along side the new Jumbo...

2010-11     Providence Bruins     AHL     61     21     17     38

It took Colborne 75 games to do less than the ^above. It's not like Chiarelli can't add when projecting...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I wish that Providence was 4-7% better this year, instead of having Boston win a Stanley Cup last year.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

fletch is it the same for u as it is for me, when u think of power(haha) forwards that the bruins are missing is joe colborne the first thing u think of like me? better yet is your first thought of what the bruins are missing from this years team a power forward like joe colborne. just think how much better this years team would be if they had colborne!

also think how much better last years team would have done instead of going to 7 games with vancouver,TB,and montreal it probabley would have been all sweeps to lord stanley!

lastly think how much better that depleted providence roster would be right now if they had a true power forward of joe colbornes pedigree

i guess we can only dream of having such a player.

LAUGHABLE!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

While I became a fan of Joe Colborne a year or two ago I have been a fan of the Stanley Cup from the day I was born. I hated to see him go but I'm over it now that the Bruins are the 2011 Stanley Cup Champs. Bye Bye Joe Colborne, you will be missed but I will ease the pain by watching my Stanley Cup Parade videos. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy! : fletch is it the same for u as it is for me, when u think of power(haha) forwards that the bruins are missing is joe colborne the first thing u think of like me? better yet is your first thought of what the bruins are missing from this years team a power forward like joe colborne. just think how much better this years team would be if they had colborne! also think how much better last years team would have done instead of going to 7 games with vancouver,TB,and montreal it probabley would have been all sweeps to lord stanley! lastly think how much better that depleted providence roster would be right now if they had a true power forward of joe colbornes pedigree i guess we can only dream of having such a player. LAUGHABLE!
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you got it Loyal.

I watched Colborne for two years at Denver U. and I can tell you that he is no "power center" (whatever that is).  He is a perimeter player.  Think Joe Thornton with less skill.  He doesn't hit much or drive to the net.  OrrEspo thinks anyone who's big must be powerful and tough.  He's wrong.

I don't think Colborne will be a center either.  I think he'll be a wing.

I like Colborne.  I think he might be good someday.  But there is no reason to pretend he's something he's not.  OrrEspo is going down the Bruins8 road of embarassing himself, and he doesn't know a thing about Colborne.

He's an AHL prospect and he is certainly not a piece that the Bruins are missing.  He would still be buried in Providence on this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm agreeing with all who indicate that Colborne "COULD" be an NHL center. He is not as good as any of the 4 existing Bruins centers, plus the Bruins have Seguin and Peverly. Chiarelli has a major challenge keeping as much of this team together as he can, under the CAP. at the end of this season, he must have , in place or proposed, new contracts for Tuuka, Kreji, Kelly, Campbell, Paille, Corvo, Boychuck, Thornton and Pouliot. Some may be resolved before the end of the season, as he did with Peverly, but Center is not going to be a problem that Joe Colborne would be necessary to fix.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I agree with all of these reponses. Also, having Kaberle for a short period of time, allowed PC to see first hand that he should not have offered a three year $4.25 M annual cap hit contract to Kaberle when he was a UFA last summer (which he may have otherwise).

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy! : Yeah, you got it Loyal. I watched Colborne for two years at Denver U. and I can tell you that he is no "power center" (whatever that is).  He is a perimeter player.  Think Joe Thornton with less skill.  He doesn't hit much or drive to the net.  OrrEspo thinks anyone who's big must be powerful and tough.  He's wrong. I don't think Colborne will be a center either.  I think he'll be a wing. I like Colborne.  I think he might be good someday.  But there is no reason to pretend he's something he's not.  OrrEspo is going down the Bruins8 road of embarassing himself, and he doesn't know a thing about Colborne. He's an AHL prospect and he is certainly not a piece that the Bruins are missing.  He would still be buried in Providence on this team.
    He knows he's big. What else is there? I can't believe he's not crying to get Antropov here too. He's even bigger you know so that means he's awesome.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't miss him already. '

Trade brought in a player who was part of a Stanley Cup team.

I'm over it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I don't miss him already. ' Trade brought in a player who was part of a Stanley Cup team. I'm over it.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I miss Mark Stuart but I'm still glad he was traded for Peverly. This crying garbage over players gone is ridiculous. Especially from a guy that's likely never seen Colborne play. If he had, he'd be embarrassed to refer to him as a power center.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I thought you weren't a troll but all these ridiculous Colborne threads are getting obnoxious. The only prospect that might make the NHL is Khudobin? I disagree. Hamill has played well in his call-ups. McDermaid is upposed to be a decent 3rd or 4th liner. Arniel, Sauve, Camper, Button I've heard good things about. Not to mention most of the players mentioned are barely 21 years old (ok maybe a few over but still young)... Little early to say they will never see the NHL.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    Isn't it easy to see why I call him OrrEspoCactus?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy! : I miss Mark Stuart but I'm still glad he was traded for Peverly. This crying garbage over players gone is ridiculous. Especially from a guy that's likely never seen Colborne play. If he had, he'd be embarrassed to refer to him as a power center.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, how could you possibly worry about the Stuart deal when we got Boris Valabik, a much bigger guy, in return?? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colborne is on tap--We'll miss the big guy! : Dez, how could you possibly worry about the Stuart deal when we got Boris Valabik, a much bigger guy , in return?? 

And he's a power defenseman.

Sections
Shortcuts