Colborne traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Colborne traded

So much for Joe making the team in Toronto. I guess Burkie wanted him in Calgary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Colborne traded

Uncle Feaster: "As an organization we have had many discussions this past year about Joe, but never made an offer," Flames general manager Jay Feaster said in a statement. "With the opportunity to speak with Brian Burke and learn about Joe's hockey sense and character from someone who had him as a player and knows him so well, it became clear to us that this is the type of young, big center we need. He fits in very well with our rebuild and provides size up the middle which we believe is critical going forward. The fact that he is from Calgary is an added bonus. We look forward to welcoming him to the Flames family."

Translation: "Brian made a deal with Nonis to get Colborne for a song.  I had very little to do with it, but have to come out here and put the best face on it I can so I don't look like a total yutz."

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Is Caron next?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Straight up for Monahan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Uncle Feaster: "As an organization we have had many discussions this past year about Joe, but never made an offer," Flames general manager Jay Feaster said in a statement. "With the opportunity to speak with Brian Burke and learn about Joe's hockey sense and character from someone who had him as a player and knows him so well, it became clear to us that this is the type of young, big center we need. He fits in very well with our rebuild and provides size up the middle which we believe is critical going forward. The fact that he is from Calgary is an added bonus. We look forward to welcoming him to the Flames family."

Translation: "Brian made a deal with Nonis to get Colborne for a song.  I had very little to do with it, but have to come out here and put the best face on it I can so I don't look like a total yutz."

Exactly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I can't believe Joe "the Beast" Colborne, the stud the B's let slip through their fingers is now on his 3rd NHL team!?! I can't believe it, oh well, even Gretzky got traded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I can't believe Joe "the Beast" Colborne, the stud the B's let slip through their fingers is now on his 3rd NHL team!?! I can't believe it, oh well, even Gretzky got traded.

After that trade nobody wants to come play for the Bruins anymore Wink   welcome back 50below

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

After that trade nobody wants to come play for the Bruins anymore Wink   welcome back 50below

Thanks BSL, have been back for about a month but haven't been posting much. Looking forward to another great season though!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Straight up for Monahan.

PC better throw in Johnson to "sweeten" the deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Joe will get his chance now, I hope he does well. And oh yah does Fleecter looks more and more doopid. One thing about Burke, too a fault at times (trades him when his jobs on the line), if likes a prospect he'll stay with him.

I don't think the Leafs nor the Bruins gave up on Colborne. I think he was asked for. No room for centers in Boston at this time or the time fo the trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Think this is good for him. Will get a chace to play and I believe he is from Calgary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Joe will get his chance now, I hope he does well. And oh yah does Fleecter looks more and more doopid. One thing about Burke, too a fault at times (trades him when his jobs on the line), if likes a prospect he'll stay with him.

I don't think the Leafs nor the Bruins gave up on Colborne. I think he was asked for. No room for centers in Boston at this time or the time fo the trade.

I don't know, SanDog, I think when you are a former 1st round pick and you are traded for a 4th/5th round pick at a young age the team pretty much gave up on you. At least they got a pick, because he was going to be waived.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I didn't see that he was going to be waived- Was that the case ?

Any who St. Louis sent up n down, Dan Cleary etc. were given up on but finally succeeded. Burke may not have succeeded in Toronto but he is not dumb. Brian picked a US team that was a goal away from unseating a mightily talented Canadian team, took what he was given in Anaheim then added to it and made the trade for the twins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I dont think they could send him the the Marlies without going through waivers. Since he never made the team they are smart to get something for him instead of letting Calgary take him for nothing on waivers . The pick can be upgraded to a 3rd depending on performance ( if he gets 10 goals or 35 points and Calgary makes the playoffs), highly unlikely they make the playoffs though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Straight up for Monahan.

PC better throw in Johnson to "sweeten" the deal.

Funny on multiple levels. Well played JM. Well played.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

why trade for a guy you can claim the next day? That's why they call him Feaster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I heard that kid was "the next Espo" so this is just shocking.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

why trade for a guy you can claim the next day? That's why they call him Feaster.

I think we'd all be shocked at how GMs help each other out on little things like this. Bank the goodwill for when the time comes to hammer out a really impactful deal. GMs are a fraternity - they need each other and stuff like this only helps teams like TOR and CGY stay in each other's good graces.

Sections
Shortcuts