Colborne

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Colborne

Joe makes amends a bit tonight when he puts away a highlight reel assist by Armstrong....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why people post to a troll's thread about Colborne and not this one is beyond me.

A comparison of Joe Thornton to Colborne ?

A #1 overall pick vs. #16th overall, we could start there, but the rest of the exercise would be just as pointless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne:
    Why people post to a troll's thread about Colborne and not this one is beyond me. A comparison of Joe Thornton to Colborne ? A #1 overall pick vs. #16th overall, we could start there, but the rest of the exercise would be just as pointless.Posted by BadHabitude

Hence "mini jumbo" or "jumbo shrimp"...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why people post to a troll's thread about Colborne and not this one is beyond me. A comparison of Joe Thornton to Colborne ? A #1 overall pick vs. #16th overall, we could start there, but the rest of the exercise would be just as pointless.
    Posted by BadHabitude

They're both tall. They're both named Joe. Jesus man! What more do you need?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I so wish we had another Leaf draft pick.  The players they have are so volatile, Kessel can go on long droughts, Phaneuf can go awol, the goaltending could go awol, Komiserak could just be Komiserak and take stupid penalties. They are *so* fragile.  They could actually fight for a playoff spot if 9/10 things go right for them, 10/10 and they make the playoffs, 3 things go badly wrong and they very well could finish last (Kessel gets hurt, Phaneuf wigs out, Rheimer goes back to being Rheimer).
    Posted by BadHabitude

Too true.  It is, in general, one of my favorite sidelines - watching other teams fail when the Bruins have their draft pick. Right up there with watching a player the Bruins traded - for whatever reason - fizzle in his new home.  Unless you're Ray Bourque or Bobby Orr, the day you take off the jersey you're the enemy...until you retire.  Then I can reminisce about the good ol' days of guys like Oates, Park, Espo....

So I will take some pleasure in watching the Leafs fail with Kessel and Colborne, and I'll take pleasure in watching Rickard Rackell outperform Tyler Biggs - but not by much.  I still hate Regehr because he was drafted with the Bruins' pick.  Hate him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I believe their playoff hopes rest with Reimer. If he picks up where he left off last year then theyt have a shot. If he pulls a Raycroft they are done for. Too bad we don't have another one of their picks for the 2012 draft.

By the way, their D is big but soft. Fransen, Gunnarson, and Aulie are not overly physical for their size. Phaneuf and Liles are complete defensive liabilities. Komisarek is, well, Komisarek. Schenn is completely overrated (the NHL giveaway leader last year).

As for Colborne, he is Wheeler lite.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne : Too true.  It is, in general, one of my favorite sidelines - watching other teams fail when the Bruins have their draft pick. Right up there with watching a player the Bruins traded - for whatever reason - fizzle in his new home.  Unless you're Ray Bourque or Bobby Orr, the day you take off the jersey you're the enemy...until you retire.  Then I can reminisce about the good ol' days of guys like Oates, Park, Espo.... So I will take some pleasure in watching the Leafs fail with Kessel and Colborne, and I'll take pleasure in watching Rickard Rackell outperform Tyler Biggs - but not by much.  I still hate Regehr because he was drafted with the Bruins' pick.  Hate him.
    Posted by Bookboy007
    Hilarious, my feelings exactly. Especially the part about taking the B's jersey off. Once you leave the B's thats it for me. There  are exceptions ( Orr, Bourque , likely being the only two ) but once your gone, your gone, end of the line. Not a Bruin , then you the enemy. Normally i couldn't care less  about the leafs, but once tha B's had those picks i followed their every loss with zeal. It also helps when ego maniac Brian Burke is their G.M, it isn't too hard to hope they fail.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Colborne : Hilarious, my feelings exactly. Especially the part about taking the B's jersey off. Once you leave the B's thats it for me. There  are exceptions ( Orr, Bourque , likely being the only two ) but once your gone, your gone, end of the line. Not a Bruin , then you the enemy. Normally i couldn't care less  about the leafs, but once tha B's had those picks i followed their every loss with zeal. It also helps when ego maniac Brian Burke is their G.M, it isn't too hard to hope they fail.
    Posted by 50belowzero

But what is done is done.  I am really confident Colborne won't amount to much and that the Kessel deal will end up one of the best the Bruins made, ever.  Of course that could get flipped on its head, but then again I could win the lottery, too.

That was really really fun to watch that draft pick.  Last year it easily could have been #11 rather than #9.

The draft pick gave real reason to watch another NHL team, just an ex-Bruin really isn't the same thing.

Too bad.  I guess all good things must come to an end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

After watching the Leafs tonight it is clear Colbourne is lost out there. He has no hustle, and not enough skills to get away with it. No loss for the B's there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Imagine the reaction in Toronto if Colborne is sent down, and Seguin just explodes this year with 25+ goals.  Wowwww.  Burke will have headaches all year.  (Can't wait)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Imagine the reaction in Toronto if Colborne is sent down, and Seguin just explodes this year with 25+ goals.  Wowwww.  Burke will have headaches all year.  (Can't wait)
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

There is no connection between Seguin and Colborne.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Another pre-season game and another no-show for Colborne. He was invisible against the Sabres last night despite the CBC announcers trying to pump him up. He appears to be slow and lazy.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Deza, I don`t agree, there will always be a connection between Colborne, Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton.  Always.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Deza, I don`t agree, there will always be a connection between Colborne, Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton.  Always .
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

Why? Colborne was traded for Kaberle.Seguin, Knight and D Ham were acquired for Kessel. I'm not sure where you're going with this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

And Colborne was just sent to the Marlies:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/09/25/leafs_cuts/

Thus concludes the Colborne debate for the time being..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

anybody feel bad in advance for Gustafson?

Nah. Me neither.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As much fun as it is to laugh at the Leafs, Colborne was still drafted by the Bruins.  And that makes him Zach Hamill round two if he is, indeed, a 4 year AHL vet before he retires to spend the family oil money.  Unless Caron makes it, the Bruins are still looking at a Chiarelli era draft record of Seguin (one full NHL season), Caron (23 NHL games), and Hamill (4 NHL games).  

Kessel, Lucic, Marchand all go to the previous regime and Jeff Gorton.

So mocking Colborne is a bit bittersweet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As much fun as it is to laugh at the Leafs, Colborne was still drafted by the Bruins.  And that makes him Zach Hamill round two if he is, indeed, a 4 year AHL vet before he retires to spend the family oil money.  Unless Caron makes it, the Bruins are still looking at a Chiarelli era draft record of Seguin (one full NHL season), Caron (23 NHL games), and Hamill (4 NHL games).   Kessel, Lucic, Marchand all go to the previous regime and Jeff Gorton. So mocking Colborne is a bit bittersweet.  
    Posted by Bookboy007

It is in fact bittersweet, but it is nullified by being able to belly laugh at the Leafs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

colborne to be an ahl-er.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As much fun as it is to laugh at the Leafs, Colborne was still drafted by the Bruins.  And that makes him Zach Hamill round two if he is, indeed, a 4 year AHL vet before he retires to spend the family oil money.  Unless Caron makes it, the Bruins are still looking at a Chiarelli era draft record of Seguin (one full NHL season), Caron (23 NHL games), and Hamill (4 NHL games).   Kessel, Lucic, Marchand all go to the previous regime and Jeff Gorton. So mocking Colborne is a bit bittersweet.  
    Posted by Bookboy007

Out of sight, out of mind.  What if they had traded Lars Jonsson to somebody for a nobody and a 7th round pick?  I'd feel a lot better.  Ha!  we got rid of that dud!  Of course we got a nobody and a 7th round pick which amounted to nothing, but nothing was expected.

Their drafting concerns me.

Trading for yound up and coming defensemen, they do that well.

Whoever is scouting out those defenseman, Boychuk, McQuaid - have them go scout the jrs. and college on their days off.

Sections
Shortcuts