Cold War

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Cold War

philly is far from overrated and they are better team then they were last year. i wouldnt put much stock in how they have done against the better teams in the east.i think philly could turn it on and off whenever they want,especially with adding playoff ready guy like versteeg. that said the bruins are a better team heading into the playoffs and i think if they should meet in the playoffs again that edge has to go to philly because of what happened in last years 7 game series. its a hump bruins have to get over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cold War:
    [QUOTE]No one is stating the obvious; That until Boston beats Philadelphia in a 7 Game Series, the Flyers will always have a '7th Player' on the ice - that no matter how far out in front the Bruins get they will always face the spectre of collapse. This makes Philadelphia a formidable opponent (just as Montreal's history over-rides all statistics and prognostication) The Bruins will need everything they've got, they will need extra. They have til  the end of Monday to take stock
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

That's just silly.  Many different forwards, different defensemen, and a different starting goaltender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cold War : you misunderstood my post. They are a good team, no question. They have beat up on weaker teams, but the better teams in the league can take advantage of their weaknesses. They don't scare me
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    I agree with your assessment.There are no teams in the East that Boston can't beat if they get a full team effort.The new players are undefeated so far so that bodes well moving forward.Like we saw last year,it will be the teams that have the depth to overcome injuries that go far in the playoffs.Boston seems more prepared for a long run this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Philly is a contending team.  It has weaknesses though.  They have questionable goaltending with a very good defensive corps.  "Detroit"esque in design if you will.  Their forward lines are formidable.  If in a series the Bs will need to establish offensive pressure consistently.  IMO the Kaberle trade has provided the Bs with a better play out of the defensive zone and consequently more offensive flurries ala Krejci line vs. Vancouver last night. I firmly believe that Richards and Pronger are the plate sitters for the Philly team play. The strategy to deal with those two players is key. In the case of Pronger, make his aggressive play around the net a battle. Work him.  Rchards, the answer lies with CJ and the coaching staff.  Philly should not be feared though from last year's debacle.  The "epic" and "historic" media diatribes are histrionics.  Coaches prepare and players perform, the Bs are now constructed to give Philly a ride.  Last year serves as an example why the Bs should win instead.  The injuries to a young team deflated the confidence to win, the management has given the Bs a better team than last year, and Bs did take the series to a game 7.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

In Response to Cold War:
    [QUOTE]The arms race is on! And there's talk of the Flyers adding Adam Foote from Colorado, with room left over to add a scoring winger! How many scoring wingers can one team have?! Do the Bruins stack up? Do they have enough to beat the Flyers? Should the Bruins be looking for the same 'scoring winger' the Flyers are? Before the end of Monday? Are the Flyers even the Bruins biggest concern?
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    od
    I like what the Bruins did at the deadline. But hope they are not done. I believe we need a scoring winger.  
    I also believe in a series with philly they need to take the body better. They played well last night but the canucks had their way with the hits. one game  is ok take the win,but over a 7 game series,the b's could get run down by a team like philly. Shawn Thorton got to work on that end of his game. Been seeing him miss a lot of hits of late.     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Philly plays Bruins style hockey or vice versa.  We can hang with them for sure.  I see this as the conference finals. 
    Philly is better than last year and the experience they had on their run should give them an edge in that regard. 
    They have 6 dmen this year instead of the 4 they had last year and Pronger will be more rested.  I believe there top 3 lines are very deep. No real superstars, but they are all good.  I believe Richards is one of the best leaders in the game as well. 

I like the Bruins lineup up front.  I would consider a 4th liner who can spell off Thorton in the playoffs.  We have enough muscle and there are no fights in the playoffs. 
    I would like to add a veteran presence for the backend.  But I am happy with what we have back there now that Kaberle is on board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

"That's just silly.  Many different forwards, different defensemen, and a different starting goaltender." - 'Not-A-Shot'

...yea, and the same ol, 'One of the Worst Collapses In Pro Sports History'...

It ain't nothing, dude.

I'm not saying the Bruins aren't better than last year. They look good. I'm not saying the Flyers are better and that the Standings won't be thrown out.
    I'm not even saying that the last game between these two teams has even one molecule of effect on the next...

But to assume that - if/when the Bruins and Flyers meet in this year's Playoffs - that last year's 'narrative' will fly over the head of everyone involved, is to assume the game is played by thoughtless cyborgs (especially when all assembled media - hungry for ANY narrative - would be referencing 'the collapse', oh I dunno, every other shift.)

No. To assume that, in a game of momentum where finding every perceivable advantage - physical, emotional, spiritual - is EVERYTHING, that 'last year' couldn't get into the Bruins players' heads, would show a surprising lack of awareness and appreciation of the game's finer nuances and aspects.

Far from silly, it is formidable.
    And, if anything, THAT - what happened last year - will be the biggest opponent Claude Julien faces this Spring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]"That's just silly.  Many different forwards, different defensemen, and a different starting goaltender." - 'Not-A-Shot' ...yea, and the same ol, 'One of the Worst Collapses In Pro Sports History'... It ain't nothing, dude. I'm not saying the Bruins aren't better than last year. They look good. I'm not saying the Flyers are better and that the Standings won't be thrown out. I'm not even saying that the last game between these two teams has even one molecule of effect on the next... But to assume that - if/when the Bruins and Flyers meet in this year's Playoffs - that last year's 'narrative' will fly over the head of everyone involved, is to assume the game is played by thoughtless cyborgs (especially when all assembled media - hungry for ANY narrative - would be referencing 'the collapse', oh I dunno, every other shift.) No. To assume that, in a game of momentum where finding every perceivable advantage - physical, emotional, spiritual - is EVERYTHING, that 'last year' couldn't get into the Bruins players' heads, would show a surprising lack of awareness and appreciation of the game's finer nuances and aspects. Far from silly, it is formidable. And, if anything, THAT - what happened last year - will be the biggest opponent Claude Julien faces this Spring.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Until they manage to win it all,fans like you will come back with the"they always blow it anyway" argument.All NAS was pointing out is that Horton,Marchand,Campbell,Seguin,Kaberle,Peverly,Kelly and Kampfer all have no recollection of last year's collapse.They weren't part of it so why do you feel last year's demons will creep into their psyche?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

..because that's what demons do...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

...and 'dezaruchi' you should avoid the low-hanging fruit comments; sentences that start with 'fans like you', it's beneath you (I think) and it's not good for discourse.

Besides there are no fans like me..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]...and 'dezaruchi' you should avoid the low-hanging fruit comments; sentences that start with 'fans like you', it's beneath you (I think) and it's not good for discourse. Besides there are no fans like me..
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    By "fan like you",I mean nothing more than a fan that can't be satisfied by anything short of a cup victory.I truly didn't intend any ill will and apologize if that's how it came across.Cheers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Yea, that ain't me. The Cup would be cool, but like they say it's the journey...

Lucic's return to Vancougar (sic), last night, for instance, that was as perfect a night as a Bruins fan could want.
    Sensing that the ENTIRE building, the entire city, was WISHING he was a Canuck...That was entirely satisfying.

The Stanley Cup is in the little things along the way...