Cole signs with Habs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Cole signs with Habs

4 years 18 mill--- 4.5 a year--- overpayed to get him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Cole signs with Habs

Gomez to Cole, Cole shoots wide. I can hear it now. 11.5 mil for 2 players that are done like dinner. Wow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Cole signs with Habs:
    [QUOTE]4 years 18 mill--- 4.5 a year--- overpayed to get him.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Who isn't overpaying on July 1?  I don't think the 4.5 is that much of an overpayment...a million or so a year, perhaps. I'm more worried about the 4 years. He's gonna be 33 soon...I think he'll likely be very productive the next couple of years, but in 3 or 4? Iffy.

The more Bruins fans that come on here and say over the next 48 hours that the deal s*cks and was stupid, the better I'll feel about it. Last year, the Habs were "done line dinner" when they traded Halak and went with Price (that choke artist, headcase, and immature brat who can't handle the pressure of playing goal in MTL) as their #1 goalie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I was just going to ask you on another thread what your thoughts were on the years not the money Kennedy. It's a good signing if there isn't a "NMC" clause. The last two years of the contract is where it gets "iffy" as you say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Cole signs with Habs:
    [QUOTE]Gomez to Cole, Cole shoots wide. I can hear it now. 11.5 mil for 2 players that are done like dinner. Wow.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Cole had more goals last year than all but one Bruin (Lucic) and was even with another (Horton). He would have been 4th on the team in points.

Injuries are a concern, as is a 4 year deal, but saying he's washed up right now is silly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Cole signs with Habs : Who isn't overpaying on July 1?  I don't think the 4.5 is that much of an overpayment...a million or so a year, perhaps. I'm more worried about the 4 years. He's gonna be 33 soon...I think he'll likely be very productive the next couple of years, but in 3 or 4? Iffy. The more Bruins fans that come on here and say over the next 48 hours that the deal s*cks and was stupid, the better I'll feel about it. Last year, the Habs were "done line dinner" when they traded Halak and went with Price (that choke artist, headcase, and immature brat who can't handle the pressure of playing goal in MTL) as their #1 goalie.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I agree for the most part. In the context of free agent frenzy 2011, the $4.5m is only a bit high. I too would be concerned about the 4 years, though.

And be fair....Price had never performed so well as he did this year in the playoffs. His history warranted people questioning the choice of Price over Halak especially when Halak was brilliant in the playoffs last year. I'll admit it worked out right for Montreal so far and I have a new-found respect for Price.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Cole signs with Habs : Who isn't overpaying on July 1?  I don't think the 4.5 is that much of an overpayment...a million or so a year, perhaps. I'm more worried about the 4 years. He's gonna be 33 soon...I think he'll likely be very productive the next couple of years, but in 3 or 4? Iffy. The more Bruins fans that come on here and say over the next 48 hours that the deal s*cks and was stupid, the better I'll feel about it. Last year, the Habs were "done line dinner" when they traded Halak and went with Price (that choke artist, headcase, and immature brat who can't handle the pressure of playing goal in MTL) as their #1 goalie.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

the B'S aren't overpaying....

i would've wanted Cole on the B'S but never at that price....

good luck....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 7/2/2008
    Last: 7/1/2011
    In Response to Cole signs with Habs:
    4 years 18 mill--- 4.5 a year--- overpayed to get him.
    Posted by JYaso

Who isn't overpaying on July 1?  I don't think the 4.5 is that much of an overpayment...a million or so a year, perhaps. I'm more worried about the 4 years. He's gonna be 33 soon...I think he'll likely be very productive the next couple of years, but in 3 or 4? Iffy.

The more Bruins fans that come on here and say over the next 48 hours that the deal s*cks and was stupid, the better I'll feel about it. Last year, the Habs were "done line dinner" when they traded Halak and went with Price (that choke artist, headcase, and immature brat who can't handle the pressure of playing goal in MTL) as their #1 goalie.

Kennedy--- Not my intention to rip it as a bad signing-- he is a good player, but just as you said, all teams are overpaying today.  I agree that 4.5 is not bad for the 1st 2 seasons, season 3 and 4 you will be wishing they front loaded the contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cole signs with Habs : the B'S aren't overpaying.... i would've wanted Cole on the B'S but never at that price.... good luck....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

Ryder got 3.5 mil. Scott Upshall got 3.5. Joel Ward got 3. Would you rather have any of those 3 next season over Cole? Considering today's market, the overpayment is minimal.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cole signs with HabsKennedy--- Not my intention to rip it as a bad signing-- he is a good player, but just as you said, all teams are overpaying today.  I agree that 4.5 is not bad for the 1st 2 seasons, season 3 and 4 you will be wishing they front loaded the contract.Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

I agree, although after 2 more years of free agency, 4.5 mil won't be as high a price as it is now. Still, I think 4 years is a year longer than I'd have wanted to sign him, ideally.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cole had 26 goals.  has great speed, gritty and has a cup ring.  I think he is exactly the type of player they need. 
    Overpaid.  Heck yeah.  but ryder just landed 3.5 a year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Cole had 26 goals.  has great speed, gritty and has a cup ring.  I think he is exactly the type of player they need.  Overpaid.  Heck yeah.  but ryder just landed 3.5 a year. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Good move by Habs.  They will be better.  crud.

Sections
Shortcuts