Colin Campbell Denies Bias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias

Let's take a step back.  How often does the Justice Baron impact the game?  Very, very little.  There are 30 teams in the NHL that play 20 guys in 82 games.  That's 49,200 games.  If Matt Cooke gets suspended for 10 games, nothing changes. 

They're brushing it aside because of the incredibly minimal impact he has.  Most of the guys who get/should get suspended are clowns anyway, and easily replaced.  Now, if we were talking about ten refs who were involved in a big gambling ring, tht would be a story.  If "Player A" who plays ten minutes a game, is suspended for five games for XYZ, that's 50 minutes of ice time that is covered by someone else.  It's nothing.

The suspension or lack of suspension isn't a concern for the players.  It's the deterrent. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was at the game last night make no mistake about it Chiarelli sought Greg Campbell for his talent the 3rd rounder he gave was a steal. Greg is becoming one of my favorite Bruins as he is a battler very cerebral player super smart on the ice great forechecker.

KPD put up another gem of an article regarding Colon today. Dupont is not letting the story go away he scoring major points from me. KPD pointed out Bettman's suspension of Dale Hunter his 1st year on the job but that has gone awry because Gary's 7Mil can make him look the other way. Jacob's and Ilitch won't complain either because Bettman is loading their pockets as well. We fans have to suffer through Colin's ineptness which is a shame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

gbettman@nhl.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

When the money keeps rolling in, it seems the Old Boys Club doesn't hand out suspensions or uphold standards.

Bettman $7 Million.

Campbell $1.4 Million.

Chief Justice US Supreme Court - $235,000

More money to be made for the NHL Old Boy's Club to just turn this League into a Bush League, WWE style complete with the premeditated trash talk, a skyrocketing numbers of fights, and let cheap shot artists (Carcillo, Avery) run rampant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias:
    [QUOTE]When the money keeps rolling in, it seems the Old Boys Club doesn't hand out suspensions or uphold standards. Bettman $7 Million. Campbell $1.4 Million. Chief Justice US Supreme Court - $235,000 More money to be made for the NHL Old Boy's Club to just turn this League into a Bush League, WWE style complete with the premeditated trash talk, a skyrocketing numbers of fights, and let cheap shot artists (Carcillo, Avery) run rampant.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

If skyrocketing fights were the goal, why would they have the instigator rule, or the "final five minutes" rule?

Are you saying that when the money stops rolling in, they do hand out suspensions and uphold standards? 

What do the Supreme Court justices have to do with this?  Are they selling 17,000 tickets averaging $50 each 2,460 times a year for trials?  Is there a SC-Network covering the ins and outs of the day to day stuff there?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias : If skyrocketing fights were the goal, why would they have the instigator rule, or the "final five minutes" rule? Are you saying that when the money stops rolling in, they do hand out suspensions and uphold standards?  What do the Supreme Court justices have to do with this?  Are they selling 17,000 tickets averaging $50 each 2,460 times a year for trials?  Is there a SC-Network covering the ins and outs of the day to day stuff there?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Do everybody a favor and ignore or stop replying to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Here's how confused some Bruin fans are on this issue.

Watch Milbury on last night's CBC Satellite Hot Stove :

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/sports/1221284063/ID=1655169512

He wants Campbell to apologize for calling Savard "a little fake artists," but has no reasonable retort to Eric Francis when he says : "Marc Savard has been known as a faker."  Mulberry is just not a very bright boy.

The real issue for knowledgeable hockey fans is that Campbell previously used his position to try and influence officials on how to officiate his son's games, and cannot be trusted to not do this again in the future.

That's the real issue that the media should be hammering Campbell on.

I don't really care if anyone calls Savard a "little faker" or not because frankly, I think that he's a yappy little punk who has embellished things in the past.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias : Do everybody a favor and ignore or stop replying to him.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

Done!

Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Fortunately, no one pays attention to what most Bruin media or fans think.

Boo Hoo -- if someone called a spade a spade.

The real issue that will emerge from that upcoming legal review was Campbell used his position to influence officiating on calls against his son and his son's team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]Let's take a step back.  How often does the Justice Baron impact the game?  Very, very little.  There are 30 teams in the NHL that play 20 guys in 82 games.  That's 49,200 games.  If Matt Cooke gets suspended for 10 games, nothing changes.[/QUOTE]

I see it differently.  If Matt Cooke gets suspended for ten games, that is ten games that it is assured that he will not be injuring star players with his cheap shots.  Maybe the message would even get through to him, and he would clean up his act.

One thing that the emails exposed is the fact that Colin Campbell may have influenced the game far beyond suspensions.  He identified two referees who he thought were lousy and instructed Stephen Walkom not to let them officiate any more Panthers games.  That means that the Panthers and whoever they play on any given night get a higher standard of officiating.  The other 29 teams see more of the poor officials who have a greater chance of affecting the outcome of a game with their ineptitude.  That reeks of unfairness and favoritism.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colin Campbell Denies Bias : I see it differently.  If Matt Cooke gets suspended for ten games, that is ten games that it is assured that he will not be injuring star players with his cheap shots.  Maybe the message would even get through to him, and he would clean up his act. One thing that the emails exposed is the fact that Colin Campbell may have influenced the game far beyond suspensions.  He identified two referees who he thought were lousy and instructed Stephen Walkom not to let them officiate any more Panthers games.  That means that the Panthers and whoever they play on any given night get a higher standard of officiating.  The other 29 teams see more of the poor officials who have a greater chance of affecting the outcome of a game with their ineptitude.  That reeks of unfairness and favoritism.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention that punishments generally escalate according to the number of offences a player incurs.As far as future punishments go(you know Cooke will eventually hurt someone else)the league feels absolutely nothing happenned between Cooke and Savard.The"new"rules put in place because of the non-incident were almost more of a slap in the face.And I wish I didn't remember Walker scoring a game 7 OT winner against Boston when the rules stated he should have been suspended.Remember Campbell decided he would step in and rescind the punishment that was clearly in the rulebook(2 games for instigator and major in final 5 minutes of a game).I still can't  figure that one out.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Does anyone still read RMiller's posts?Now that I put him on ignore I kinda forget that tool is still around.Good to see fewer people seem to be taking the bait and his lonely existence is just getting lonlier.I kinda feel bad for him because it must stink to not have any friends.

it's too bad you have him on ignore.  I find it amusing now reading his posts.  also look at what he's saying sounds a lot like NULL.  uhmmmm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to RMiller87's comment:

Campbell should be canned by the League.

But the Bruins likely acquired Campbell's kid to get special treatment -- not the same treatment as the other 29 teams...

As I said earlier, enjoy the tainted and tarnished Cup when it finally arrives to the Beantown...

I'll not be watching as long as Campbell and Bettman remain...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to RMiller87's comment:

[QUOTE]Campbell should be canned by the League.

But the Bruins likely acquired Campbell's kid to get special treatment -- not the same treatment as the other 29 teams...

As I said earlier, enjoy the tainted and tarnished Cup when it finally arrives to the Beantown...

I'll not be watching as long as Campbell and Bettman remain...

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  RMiller's last post was on 4/5/11, just about the same time that null started posting.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts