Colton Orr Drops John Scott

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Colton Orr Drops John Scott

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I wouldn't MacDermid scored last time he played plus he hits everything in sight, next Thursday is going to be no picinic. As Dez mentioned Bourque hasn't really contributed that much yet.

His stats are similar to the guys on his line.  None have points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Buffalo signed these yard apes to show they mean business about running loud mouth Miller, ok fine. Lindy Ruff is happy now and so he sends out Scott to stir things up. Bad result ensues it back fires, Scott gets dropped even better. Teams that have good Power plays are going to make Buffalo pay.

Jan. 31st right around the corner and you think these announcers called the Tor-Buff horribly wait till Jack starts spewing. Edwards is starting to become Johnny Most which is a bad thing.

PS. Jody Shelley could beat either and is still the best fighter in the NHL.

Shelley the best fighter.  He got fed in my university league.  He's the best at taking a pounding for sure and wins some and loses some.  His face is mush.  Looks like he went through a wood chipper.  I like Boll.  Don't think he's the best pure fighter but man he throws them.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i have no problem with fighting in hockey. i think it's necessary. i have a problem with scott being in the NHL instead of the federal hockey league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I wouldn't MacDermid scored last time he played plus he hits everything in sight, next Thursday is going to be no picinic. As Dez mentioned Bourque hasn't really contributed that much yet.

His stats are similar to the guys on his line.  None have points.

I was talking about more than just badhab stats. Bourque hasn't played well in the neutral zone, offensive zone, the defensive zone and he can't even take a forearm shiver to the back. Frankly i'm a bit miffed cause he is such a great playmaker in the AHL. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'll bet Julien dresses MacDermid next thursday instead of Bourque and i'm fine with that.

I'd be shocked only because this isnt Juliens style.

@Mean - I don't think you will ever see anyone turtle on the Bruins. That is more of Otts style to do something like that. I also read somewhere that Julien instructed Lucic not to engage Larouque that year.

I think Bourque will be in the line up that night. Dressing McDermid would be would be sending a message that their coming their to fight. Thats how fans think, not NHL coaches, the good ones anyways..I have no doubt Ott and Scott will try to prove their worth by trying to show the Bruins that the Sabres won't be pushed around by them anymore, when in fact they werent. They are their because their goalie got run and nobody on the team did anything about it..If I'm Claude Julien I'm more focused on Tomas Vanek right now than John Scott or Steve Ott..Thats what Shawn Thornton gets paid for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was talking about more than just badhab stats. Bourque hasn't played well in the neutral zone, offensive zone, the defensive zone and he can't even take a forearm shiver to the back. Frankly i'm a bit miffed cause he is such a great playmaker in the AHL. 

I completely agree with this. He is either trying too hard to live up to the family name or is simply a classic AHL tweener.

Of course, it has only been 2 games....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment: I wouldn't MacDermid scored last time he played plus he hits everything in sight, next Thursday is going to be no picinic. As Dez mentioned Bourque hasn't really contributed that much yet.

@Mean - I don't think you will ever see anyone turtle on the Bruins. That is more of Otts style to do something like that. I also read somewhere that Julien instructed Lucic not to engage Larouque that year.

I think Bourque will be in the line up that night. Dressing McDermid would be would be sending a message that their coming their to fight. Thats how fans think, not NHL coaches

Disagree Macdermid can do allot more than just fight. He would be very useful in a game like next Thursday. Julien would only be sending a message that he expects a very physical game. MacDemind wasn't kept on the Bruin roster just to fight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Last thing I am worried about is a team trying to bully the bruins. A team trying to flop on them, and get penalties, yes but not bully the bs. We have Horton, lucic, Thornton, mcquiad, boychuk, chara. Who all fight at a high level don't think there are many teams in the league that can match that. Last season mcquiad couldn't even find a dance partner on most nights and I remember a couple times ppl flopped on the ice to hide from fighting Horton. The league is full of Nancy's and our team has a couple but we make up for it with at least a tough guy on the ice at all times. Wheeler was trying to be physical with the bs on Monday and got sent for a loop did not see too many guys from the jets try to line anyone up after that hit. Think you will see a lot of teams try to out hit the bruins throughout the season but after a couple big rides into the board most teams pack it in for the night. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

As for mcdermid watch his fights kid loses almost every fight. This season he fought 7 time in the ahl and lost at least half of them with maybe one clear win. He is no Thornton sorry to have to be the one to break it to you. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment: I wouldn't MacDermid scored last time he played plus he hits everything in sight, next Thursday is going to be no picinic. As Dez mentioned Bourque hasn't really contributed that much yet.

I think Bourque will be in the line up that night. Dressing McDermid would be would be sending a message that their coming their to fight. Thats how fans think, not NHL coaches

Disagree Macdermid can do allot more than just fight. He would be very useful in a game like next Thursday. Julien would only be sending a message that he expects a very physical game. MacDemind wasn't kept on the Bruin roster just to fight.

Are you that high on him? I've seen him play live a couple of times, kind of reminds me of Jeremy Reich. I do remember him scoring a goal in his last game with the B's (At NYR??)..I would like to see Bourque get an extended look, especially since they opened up at home the first two games, kids nerves looked like they played a part..Like to see him settle in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Are you that high on him? I've seen him play live a couple of times, kind of reminds me of Jeremy Reich. I do remember him scoring a goal in his last game with the B's (At NYR??)..I would like to see Bourque get an extended look, especially since they opened up at home the first two games, kids nerves looked like they played a part..Like to see him settle in.

I'd replace Thornton with MacDermid in a heartbeat. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I'd replace Thornton with MacDermid in a heartbeat. 

That's crazy talk!  MacDermid is not half the fighter, or professional that Thornton is.  As Heyoo said, the kid doesn't win very many fights.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

If he jumps Lucic or Chara, should they turtle?  I say, yes, this will enrage Sabres fans even more, and the B's can try and pot a PP goal while he rots in the box.  I could see it happening.  

Goons don't jump people.  They seek out other goons and agree to fight them.

I know that is the code, but Sabres fans still want Lucic's head on a platter.  Scott was brought in to make sure that this happens.  I can see him changing on the fly, running Looch, and simply dropping the mitts as he is running him.  I don't think he is going to ask, like Georges did.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

How many regular season NHL fights do you think Scott has?  23 that's it.  I know, nobody wants to mess with him because he is so big.  But really, this guy talks so much mess, "If I'm in the lineup [next time Thornton faces the Blackhawks], he's more than welcome to come chirp at me. I'll kick the [expletive] out of him," enforcer John Scott said.  Thornton had 20 fights last year alone.  I hope Thornton embarrasses the overgrown ape.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How many regular season NHL fights do you think Scott has?  23 that's it.  I know, nobody wants to mess with him because he is so big.  But really, this guy talks so much mess, "If I'm in the lineup [next time Thornton faces the Blackhawks], he's more than welcome to come chirp at me. I'll kick the [expletive] out of him," enforcer John Scott said.  Thornton had 20 fights last year alone.  I hope Thornton embarrasses the overgrown ape.

I dont know if he has 23 fights because other enforcers are afraid of him or it's because he isnt on the ice enough since he is god awful..Could be a little of both.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I dont know if he has 23 fights because other enforcers are afraid of him or it's because he isnt on the ice enough since he is god awful..Could be a little of both.

Averaging 2:04 of icetime after 2 games. You could be on to something. As someone else mentioned, complete waste of a roster spot.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Averaging 2:04 of icetime after 2 games. You could be on to something. As someone else mentioned, complete waste of a roster spot.....

True, but San has a point. He was brought in for a a reason, I suspect his ice time will increase against Boston. If the Lucic/Miller ncident doesnt happen or if they actually reacted to it at the time, John Scott probably would not be a Sabre today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

A high number of fights also signifies someone that nobody is afraid of. A guy from my city had back to back 500+ PIM seasons in the old International League and ECHL. He was constantly fighting because everyone was happy to oblige.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=378

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

True, but San has a point. He was brought in for a a reason, I suspect his ice time will increase against Boston. If the Lucic/Miller ncident doesnt happen or if they actually reacted to it at the time, John Scott probably would not be a Sabre today.

If his icetime increases when the Sabres play Boston, the Bruins have already won.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Kaleta is a pussbag for not cranking Liles after that cross check.

Most players today are such wimps.  They throw these little cross checks to the lower body and just stand there.  If you're mad, drop them and go.  If you're not, skate away.  Too many guys are gritting their teeth and saying mean things while standing two feet from their enemy...and doing nothing.

Agreed NAS, but isn't the instigator rule the main reason for this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If his icetime increases when the Sabres play Boston, the Bruins have already won.....

Thats what I say. Good. If I were Julien, I'd have Thornton or whoever not answer his plea to fight right away. Force Ruff to keep sending him out there. He's a liability on defense, do a quick change and expose him. They do this strategy and they'll probably get a couple of power plays out of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Kaleta is a pussbag for not cranking Liles after that cross check.

Most players today are such wimps.  They throw these little cross checks to the lower body and just stand there.  If you're mad, drop them and go.  If you're not, skate away.  Too many guys are gritting their teeth and saying mean things while standing two feet from their enemy...and doing nothing.

Agreed NAS, but isn't the instigator rule the main reason for this?

Also, the fact that whoever retaliates is almost always penalized has been around as long as there's been hockey. That's exactly why the pest type players (Marchand included) like to give a little whack after the whistle. They're trying to goad the other guy into a penalty. Nas' idea that a player who grits his teeth and takes it is a "wimp" couldn't be further from the truth. In reality, the player is literally taking one for the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

5 career points, 246 PIM in 146 career games and only 23 majors. I agree with those saying he's a complete waste of a roster spot - even Thornton can contribute a lot more than this clown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thats what I say. Good. If I were Julien, I'd have Thornton or whoever not answer his plea to fight right away. Force Ruff to keep sending him out there. He's a liability on defense, do a quick change and expose him. They do this strategy and they'll probably get a couple of power plays out of it.

Exactly. Look how stupid Laraque looked a couple of years ago while on the Habs first line trying to keep up and constantly looking to fight Lucic.....completely moronic.

By the way, while I agree Lucic's hit on Miller was a major reason for Buff beefing up, so was this later in the year:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109644

Probably the last straw for Sabre management.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll bet Julien dresses MacDermid next thursday instead of Bourque and i'm fine with that.

I'd be shocked only because this isnt Juliens style.

This is the Bruins. Even Savard wouldn't turtle (and he was coming back from his concussion).