Colton Orr Drops John Scott

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Colton Orr Drops John Scott

Reigning NHL Heavyweight champ John Scott gets dropped by Colton Orr.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115173

Auspicous start to the 2013 season for Scott, and a disappointing showing in his first bout for the Sabres.  It will be interesting to see if guys smell blood in the water and start lining up to get a piece of him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Colton Orr Drops John Scott

It takes a former Bruin to take care off the enforcer job for the leafs. I also recall he also sent a message to our very own Lucic. Scott is a big boy but is slow, Orr and Thornton can take care of Scott if need be. Kaleta is another Sabre next in line, but Kaleta going after Kessel is something every team needs to do. If kessel is hanging around the crease area send the message, Knock him down hard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So, here's what happens on this play:

1.  Kaleta checks Orr.

2.  Liles comes at Kaleta.

3.  Liles cross checks Kaleta in the face.

4.  Orr and Scott fight.

And the announcer says, "Which is exactly what you'd expect and want to happen in this case."

How dumb.

(the scene, Crowls, not the post)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Kaleta checks Orr.

4.  Orr and Scott fight.

And the announcer says, "Which is exactly what you'd expect and want to happen in this case."

How dumb.

I will give you a Bingo on your comment NAS, I am content that we can talk hockey BS and reality this season. Take care NAS have a good day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Kaleta checks Orr.

4.  Orr and Scott fight.

How dumb.

Agree NAS, not much anger between Orr and Scott to get that one going.  Today's hockey culture does not require anger/hatred of your opponent to drop the gloves and get it on.

Thought the same thing about the 2 fights at puck-drop between NYI & TB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kaleta is a pussbag for not cranking Liles after that cross check.

Most players today are such wimps.  They throw these little cross checks to the lower body and just stand there.  If you're mad, drop them and go.  If you're not, skate away.  Too many guys are gritting their teeth and saying mean things while standing two feet from their enemy...and doing nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Buffalo signed these yard apes to show they mean business about running loud mouth Miller, ok fine. Lindy Ruff is happy now and so he sends out Scott to stir things up. Bad result ensues it back fires, Scott gets dropped even better. Teams that have good Power plays are going to make Buffalo pay.

Jan. 31st right around the corner and you think these announcers called the Tor-Buff horribly wait till Jack starts spewing. Edwards is starting to become Johnny Most which is a bad thing.

PS. Jody Shelley could beat either and is still the best fighter in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Reigning NHL Heavyweight champ John Scott gets dropped by Colton Orr.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115173

Auspicous start to the 2013 season for Scott, and a disappointing showing in his first bout for the Sabres.  It will be interesting to see if guys smell blood in the water and start lining up to get a piece of him.

Had to have been a body shot to drop Scott cause i dont see Orr landing anything else. I suspect these two will be meeting again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What I find odd is that Buffalo is throwing away a roster spot on Scott, who's an even worse hockey player than most goons, when it's hard to believe that their new team toughness concept is really going to take hold in this short season.

At risk of sounding like a total Bruin-centric homer, I think a few teams have been bitten by the 'Bruin effect'.  It seems like the Sabres have taken skill off the ice as a somewhat linear response to Ryan Miller getting decked last year.  I think the Canucks acted similarly in trading away their best young player, IMO, to get Kassian.  But what if Scott and Kassian stink up the ice?  What's the price of trying tp be "tougher"?

Hilarious that Scott got decked in his first fight as a Sabre, and then he laughs all the way to the penalty, as if there is something funny about getting beat up by a smaller fighter on your home ice and failing at the one single job you can do for the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Only thing Scott's got is towering size . It's just hard to get punches in on that guy.  Orr is no pushover , he can fight and maybe just as tactical as Thorton, he's just not used well and/or the  Leafs are not good enough to have him play a regular shift.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll bet Julien dresses MacDermid next thursday instead of Bourque and i'm fine with that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't really care for goon on goon action, but it was good to see the big guy go down.... and it was a rib shot that knocked him to his knees...

The one fight I'm looking forward to is Dustin Brown v. Shane Doan this weekend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I'll bet Julien dresses MacDermid next thursday instead of Bourque and i'm fine with that.

Yeah, wouldn't be a terrible idea. I feel like the Sabres are going to get dirty and try to show they are "tough".

Ott and Kaleta on the same line, oh boy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Does Lucic fight Scott?  Or does he decline like he did when Laraque used to chase him around the ice?  I do not want to see anyone on the B's besides Thornton fight this enormous monster, who is definitely the worst "player" in the league. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Does Lucic fight Scott?  Or does he decline like he did when Laraque used to chase him around the ice?  I do not want to see anyone on the B's besides Thornton fight this enormous monster, who is definitely the worst "player" in the league. 

Ruff will try to keep Scott off of the ice against Boston's 1st line if he wants to not get scored on. You're absolutely right. Scott is an awful player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bourque also hasn't exactly played his way onto the team yet either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Nah, Lucic is a hockey player and Scott is a clown. Thornton's the one making over a million dollars a year to fight, I'm sure those two will go at somepoint in the first period next week. There's no question that Scott will be gauding Lucic and Chara during his 3 minutes of ice time though. I'm sure they will be advised to not react to it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Nah, Lucic is a hockey player and Scott is a clown. Thornton's the one making over a million dollars a year to fight, I'm sure those two will go at somepoint in the first period next week. There's no question that Scott will be gauding Lucic and Chara during his 3 minutes of ice time though. I'm sure they will be advised to not react to it.

If he jumps Lucic or Chara, should they turtle?  I say, yes, this will enrage Sabres fans even more, and the B's can try and pot a PP goal while he rots in the box.  I could see it happening.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

If he jumps Lucic or Chara, should they turtle?  I say, yes, this will enrage Sabres fans even more, and the B's can try and pot a PP goal while he rots in the box.  I could see it happening.  

I don't see Chara or Lucic turtling to anyone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd be shocked only because this isnt Juliens style.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it is Thornton's job to deal with Scott and you need to let Thornton handle it.  

That might mean more than just fighting him -- it might mean making it clear to Scott and the Sabres that if Scott demands a fight Chara/Lucic, then Thornton will come calling on Myers and Stafford.

Anyone fighting Scott besides Thornton is a bad deal for the Bruins.  Don't call up McDermid and don't sacrifice top line players.  Focus on winning the game, not sideshow-Scott.  You gotta just tell Thornton to do his job and make certain that nobody else is going to fight that big lummox besides him.  And if Scott comes after a skill guy, respond in kind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Goons don't jump people.  They seek out other goons and agree to fight them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Scott is no longer the worst player in the league.  Tampa has Pierre-Cedric Labrie on the NHL roster right now.  I saw this guy playing in the AHL last year.  He's honestly the worst player I have ever seen at any pro level, and I've been to plenty of ECHL games.

Pure misery.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Chara would mop the floor with Scott. The guy can barely skate and isn't as big as Chara. With that being said if anyone drops them with Scott that isn't named Thornton I'd be disappointed. There's no point in going with him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'd be shocked only because this isnt Juliens style.

I wouldn't MacDermid scored last time he played plus he hits everything in sight, next Thursday is going to be no picinic. As Dez mentioned Bourque hasn't really contributed that much yet.

@Mean - I don't think you will ever see anyone turtle on the Bruins. That is more of Otts style to do something like that. I also read somewhere that Julien instructed Lucic not to engage Larouque that year.

Sections
Shortcuts